Oregonglassblower (mike) Custom Glass Adapters and Accessories

Oregonglassblower

Glass Blower
How about a quartz or glass VapeXNail? Sold out for a while and I def don't need 2..
http://www.vapexhale.com/collections/accessories/products/vapexnail-essential-oils-attachment-1
Quartz_VapeXNail_2_328x600_large.png
Hey there.I will look into. Just need to get some specs. Thanks,Mike-OGB.

I would prefer my carb extension about half as long and a bit flared on the end for easier finger-tip closure - shorter should work exactly the same and would be less exposed for potential breakage or getting in the way (but that just me).:)
No problem at all. I can do that for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oregonglassblower

Glass Blower
I would prefer my carb extension about half as long and a bit flared on the end for easier finger-tip closure - shorter should work exactly the same and would be less exposed for potential breakage or getting in the way (but that just me).:)
No problem at all. I can do that customization for you whenever you are ready. Thanks,Mike-OGB.

nihil

Member, Known Well
Mike - I'm also interested in a 18mm M/F carbed adapter, but like @Snappo wants, with the carb being about half the length. I was also going to get a few other items off your website.

Would it be easier for you to PM my order here (with the custom request) or can I leave a comment at checkout on your website?

Oregonglassblower

Glass Blower
Mike - I'm also interested in a 18mm M/F carbed adapter, but like @Snappo wants, with the carb being about half the length. I was also going to get a few other items off your website.

Would it be easier for you to PM my order here (with the custom request) or can I leave a comment at checkout on your website?
Hey there. no problem just go ahead and order on my website http://oregonglassblower.com/ and leave a message about the custom. I can make them this weekend and send them Monday Priority Mail. Thanks,Mike-OGB.

nihil

Member, Known Well
Thank you. I'll place the order in a few hours, no rush either. If they ship anytime next week I'll be happy.

Also, do you make the "stubby" mouth pieces to attach to the end of a whip? Couldn't find one on your website. I'm running 3/8" ID tubing.

Oregonglassblower

Glass Blower
Thank you. I'll place the order in a few hours, no rush either. If they ship anytime next week I'll be happy.

Also, do you make the "stubby" mouth pieces to attach to the end of a whip? Couldn't find one on your website. I'm running 3/8" ID tubing.
Sure thing. I can make you one just shoot me a pic or sketch of what you had in mind.

Burn

got my straight flared mouthpiece. i like it alot. the small diameter of the tube is nice. here it is with my ssv/lsv --
4vVRPRx.jpg

the flared end actually fits the ssv standard hc pretty well if anyone was interested in ssv gongs. :spidey::worms::spidey:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Hey there. no problem just go ahead and order on my website http://oregonglassblower.com/ and leave a message about the custom. I can make them this weekend and send them Monday Priority Mail. Thanks,Mike-OGB.
This is exactly the same excellent service I always had with Mike - fast, easy, perfect - the real deal!!!

Last edited:

EveryDayAmnesiac

I have bought a few 14mm male to 14 mm female 45 degree adapters from Mike - I use them on all my glass pieces because I prefer to "go at it" at an angle with my logs. That is my prerogative :cool:.

I still have all three. The work is excellent. Worth every penny.

They may be "basic" adapters, but there is nothing basic about the work. They are built to last. Highly recommended - by ME. :D

BOBCAT

Its Just Temporary
Hey Mike,I have an idea that may benefit both of us.I will send you my unused nano dry stem so you can get measurments for nano gongs,and you turn my dry stem into an 18 mm male gong.I will pay shipping both ways and however much else you want for working it.

Oregonglassblower

Glass Blower
Hey Mike,I have an idea that may benefit both of us.I will send you my unused nano dry stem so you can get measurments for nano gongs,and you turn my dry stem into an 18 mm male gong.I will pay shipping both ways and however much else you want for working it.
Hey there. i actually already made you one today to try out. I think i got it figured out. PM me with your address and i will send it to you for free so you can give me some feedback on it. Thanks,Mike-OGB.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I thought JoDa was the Nano GonG guy on FC . . . . ?

Didn't he put a lot of time into developing them & are they not kinda his 'thing'?

:peace:
Open Source -
In production and development, open source as a development model promotes a universal access via a free license to a product's design or blueprint, and universal redistribution of that design or blueprint, including subsequent improvements to it by anyone.
  1. Open source - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_source
    Wikipedia

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Open Source -
In production and development, open source as a development model promotes a universal access via a free license to a product's design or blueprint, and universal redistribution of that design or blueprint, including subsequent improvements to it by anyone.
  1. Open source - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_source
    Wikipedia

Sure. Good old Wiki. But all I was saying was isn't this a JoDa Glassworks thing here on FC?

Nothing like a little respect in the community.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I honestly don't see how this is in anyway disrespectful....
joda does heady custom work. This is scientific glass. Mass produced - like, not a treasured work of art.

don't get me wrong I have a couple of Mikes adapters they are indeed incredibly good quality but they're not heady custom glass.

Burn

this seems ridiculous.... joda does worked gongs/custom orders, mike does scientific adapters and has a website to order from. different flavors for different consumer wants.

at one time i thought joda even stopped taking custom orders due to burnout? more choice/availability is good for FC. not gangs fighting over turf :goon:

now if there are some unwritten rules in the glassblowing game i dont know about... well writem down so we know what they are! :peace::peace::peace:

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Sure. Good old Wiki. But all I was saying was isn't this a JoDa Glassworks thing here on FC?

Nothing like a little respect in the community.

Which came first ...the chicken or the egg? Stems, Gongs, Wongs, log vapes, stands, VVPS's, bubblers, etc., are all things here on FC, and many of these things existed before their appearance on FC. Example: Mike of OGB (long known by FC members) was providing glass adapters and accessories long before Joda came onto the scene here - Joda applied his artistic vision (drips, carbs, etc.) to many of those already existing pieces - and know that many of these mods were at the suggestion of posting members and not always originally from the mind of Joda. Are we to suggest that Joda should not have artistically/functionally modified accessories already provided by others? Should @Ratchett not be applying his 3D genius to this industry while in membership on this forum? OPEN SOURCE is what this is, and we encourage anyone to use and benefit by it!

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Which came first ...the chicken or the egg? Stems, Gongs, Wongs, log vapes, stands, VVPS's, bubblers, etc., are all things here on FC, and many of these things existed before their appearance on FC. Example: Mike of OGB (long known by FC members) was providing glass adapters and accessories long before Joda came onto the scene here - Joda applied his artistic vision (drips, carbs, etc.) to many of those already existing pieces - and know that many of these mods were at the suggestion of posting members and not always originally from the mind of Joda. Are we to suggest that Joda should not have artistically/functionally modified accessories already provided by others? Should @Ratchett not be applying his 3D genius to this industry while in membership on this forum? OPEN SOURCE is what this is, and we encourage anyone to use and benefit by it!

I believe that I have heard @Ratchett say that he would not make something before because it was someone else's design.

But anyway, open source is great and I am not wishing to crush anyone's creativity. I was merely asking a question relating to what I have seen & heard . . . .

It's certainly interesting to hear peoples views . . . :uhoh:

Oregonglassblower

Glass Blower
Hey guys. Just wanted to clear something up. JoDa and i have been back and forth a bit and have nothing but love and respect between us. I was asked to make a carbed nano GonG and instead showed them one of my carbed male to female adapters that i have been making for years now. I did say i would look into getting specs to make a carbed nano GonG ( which i probably should't have) but after giving it a little thought decided not to.
It is sometimes hard to say what came first and in no way did i mean any disrespect to JoDa or anyone else. I appreciate people looking out for each other, it's what make this forum the best in my opinion.
I'm sure at times designs will overlap a bit and want to try to stay aware of stepping on any toes so if anyone has any concern in future over a design overlap please PM me so i can take it in to account. Thanks everyone,Mike-OGB.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Hey guys. Just wanted to clear something up. JoDa and i have been back and forth a bit and have nothing but love and respect between us. I was asked to make a carbed nano GonG and instead showed them one of my carbed male to female adapters that i have been making for years now. I did say i would look into getting specs to make a carbed nano GonG ( which i probably should't have) but after giving it a little thought decided not to.
It is sometimes hard to say what came first and in no way did i mean any disrespect to JoDa or anyone else. I appreciate people looking out for each other, it's what make this forum the best in my opinion.
I'm sure at times designs will overlap a bit and want to try to stay aware of stepping on any toes so if anyone has any concern in future over a design overlap please PM me so i can take it in to account. Thanks everyone,Mike-OGB.

Aaaaaaah (Sigh of relief)! :tup:

Awesome.

Now, back to what I come here for . . . . :popcorn:

Top Bottom