Oregon questions

little maggie

I am totally confused about the changes that will be happening in January 2016 in Oregon. I know there are ways it is going to be more restrictive than is current: increased taxes and the following:
"Starting January 1, 2016 consuming marijuana indoors at businesses will be illegal. There has been more and more lounges, cafes, and clubs opening up in Oregon, but it sounds like they will have to either shutdown, or change their business models."

Does anyone know any changes for rec users? Will products in addition to flowers be available or will those products continue to be available only to those with a medical card?

Are the big tobacco companies going to be able to take over the market?

little maggie,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
This article was from October 2015. Better load up on product my Oregonian friends.

How will recreational marijuana be taxed?
This gets a bit tricky, as there are different rules for OHA regulated dispensaries and for the eventual OLCC regulated retail locations that will pop up in 2016.

Starting Thursday, all recreational sales conducted at medical marijuana facilities will be tax free. That changes Jan. 4, when all medical marijuana dispensaries will be required to collect a 25 percent tax on recreational marijuana sales, according to the Oregon Health Authority.

When OLCC-regulated retail stores begin popping up in 2016, those sales will fall under a different tax structure. The state will impose a 17 percent tax on all retail sales, and local cities and counties can impose up to an additional 3 percent tax on purchases at retail stores.

CarolKing,

Wizsteve

I am totally confused about the changes that will be happening in January 2016 in Oregon. I know there are ways it is going to be more restrictive than is current: increased taxes and the following:
"Starting January 1, 2016 consuming marijuana indoors at businesses will be illegal. There has been more and more lounges, cafes, and clubs opening up in Oregon, but it sounds like they will have to either shutdown, or change their business models."

Does anyone know any changes for rec users? Will products in addition to flowers be available or will those products continue to be available only to those with a medical card?

Are the big tobacco companies going to be able to take over the market?

Indoors yes, outdoors is fine as long as they not seen by the public it's why you see bars now enclosed smoking areas Its still outside just a fence and a roof so no can see in.

They are talking about including concentrates and the others but we have a year to wait or so till are amounts change that we able to buy so should happen around then.

And as far as the tax goes this imposed for the shop owners to pay its up to them if they will absorb the tax or pass it to us .

Wizsteve,
Top Bottom