1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Orbiter / Globe Bubbler - Alternatives?

Discussion in 'Glass' started by aspire2b, Sep 3, 2017.

1. aspire2b

aspire2b Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I would greatly appreciate some advice if anyone can help.

Im looking for a glass bubbler to use with my vapcap M.

I am looking for something small (for travel) which retains flavour.

I LOVE Sneaky Petes Globe however I am in the UK and I'm not a fan of logo's.

I am also keen on MFLB Orbiter however not so keen on the stand etc.

Know of any alternatives? Or something completely different that I might like?

Please feel free to offer any information you can.

Thanks!!! :tup:

:peace:

muunch likes this.
  2. MoltenTiger

MoltenTiger Well-Known Member

This thread might be of interest, though it falls a bit short of a go to solution.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/orbiter-style-water-tool.23762/

If a bubbler-whip set up is what you're after, it's worth looking at ash catchers too. I got one recently and it works with the VapCap really well. It's an 8 arm tree perc.

[​IMG]

I stuck it to a board for stability, it's meant to be for a Sublimator so I can attach it to rigs it won't balance on, but I actually really enjoyed using it with the VapCap.

Edit: also worth pointing out, you should be able to remove sneaky Pete's labels from the glass with a powerful cleaner, such as PBW or acetone

pxl_jockey, GreenHopper and duff like this.
  3. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Barely-Known Member

Hey man, I'm in the UK and have considered the same sort of set-up. Local is the way to go here, much cheaper. I suspect this is true for most countries. What you're looking for is known as a round-bottom, boiling flask. There are 1,2, and 3 neck varieties. Here you go.

They're in Stoke-on-Trent.They also have size adapters and will do one-offs if needed. Although depending where you live you might find a glass blower to make mouthpieces for ya. PEACE

EDIT: for clarity :smug:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  4. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

I don't know if they sell magic flight products where you live but I think the UFO , which magic flight makes, is preferable and less money than the orbiter. It let's you use any bottle you have at the moment.

5. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

This.

[​IMG]

6. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

Size is important but keep an eye on the amount of diffusion. I have a MFLB bubbler and another small volume piece with much more diffusion and they produce very different hits.

pxl_jockey and GreenHopper like this.
  7. snackmaster

snackmaster Well-Known Member

Just FYI, it's usually not too hard to de-label a piece. I've had good luck with long soaks in Simple Green.

If you don't want a stand, don't get a round-bottom flask.

Couple other small bubblers with removable mouthpieces here and here. Either is probably more "packable" than something shaped like a globe. You might also consider something like a 10mm nectar collector-style bubbler.

8. StonerSloth

StonerSloth cui bono?

There is so much cheap American-made glass on that site - how do they do it!!

Edit: 10% off - "Insta10"

snackmaster likes this.
  9. snackmaster

snackmaster Well-Known Member

From what I understand, Black Sheep and EVO are done by jhanpixel, who used to sell great quality glass for very reasonable prices on ioffer.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors