On Demand, Portable, Good Draw Resistance, Flavorful, Easy to Clean, Easy to Use

Mr. Me2

BestBuds

The Dude
Alright I think I'm sold on the splinter. Just checked and there was a great deal on one but looks like it's sold out now.

Is there a particular model I should look for? Z vs V2 ?
The Splinter Z has a little bit bigger of a heater than the Splinter. Therefore it takes a few seconds more to preheat. I have both Splinter and Splinter Z. The V2 is Blackwood on both splinter and Z.
If I was only to have one of them I think the Z is worth the extra $ imo. Great with a stem insane with a water pipe.

BestBuds,
Reactions: bossman

badbee

I've had a v2 for about a year and a Z for a month. My advice is buy the non-custom Z. I have no artistic flair and don't care about the type or color of the wood. As others have said, with its bigger heater the Z takes longer to warm up but it can support a faster draw. With the v2 I had to learn to draw slowly which feels unnatural when there is so little draw resistance, you naturally draw slowly through a VapCap, for example, because of it's tight draw. The Z hits better when you start slow and then ramp up the speed after about 8 seconds, preheat for 6 seconds when cold. I have biggish lungs and while I like big hits on the Z I've learned not to go too long as the heat becomes uncomfortable after 15 seconds. The AVB comes out lighter and more even on the Z vs the v2 which can be very dark in the center. This is a positive thing for me, it's a sign that the Z can reliably supply enough energy to fully extract at lower temps and doesn't need to cook so hard to get the job done.

I'm happy running on the single battery Wismec P80 but note that the Z eats the whole battery in two sessions vs 3-4 for the v2. I don't mind the single battery, swapping to a new one literally takes 2 seconds so there is no need for a 3 cell mod.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The ZV2 and ZV1 i have are both outstanding. I still use the the V2 regularly anytime quick hitting is the priority. It's also handy for cbd since I'm not as fond of the flavor and the V2 is kinda cranked to finish a basket in three or four big hits on the rxg3d.

I recommend everyone try that mod when it's on sale or more generally to make an effort to put their Splinters on more than one mod because the performance changes and hot spotting can be less of an issue with some combos.

They're both some connoisseur level shit if you have access to good stuff and the Z does have the best flavor potential so long as you don't mind the extra effort to preheat it.

bossman,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Vape_Or_Die420

The eden is probly the easiest ive had to clean. Charging time is my only complaint. I was used to my Mighty. Plus side is you can use a portal charger in between bowls to keep it going all day.

Vape_Or_Die420,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@shadowtrap I see the RBT store has some deals on Splinter combos for the first time. I recommend the V2 and ZV2 combo if it's in your budget. Maybe wait for Black Friday in case there's a coupon. The double Splinter items are already great prices: two V2s and a cooling stem for $99! Too bad I own two already!

bossman,
Top Bottom