On-Demand E-Shootout: Mi3 vs Fw7 vs TM vs Hopper IO

lisifi

Hi FC'ers,
it's that time of year again;
Time to throw some money around and be happy :)

Now, what would it be if you had to choose from:
- Firewood 7
- Hopper IO
- Milaana 3
- TinyMight

All these vapes are strong contenders, with comparable prices & performance (IMHO); The portability/form-factor of these vapes is different;
I'm tempted to pick the Firewood 7, why? Other heater;

I prefer the warm, fat & full vape signature from a conduction vaporizer, so i think the FW7 would fit best in that shoes;
but then again, i have a OG Grasshopper, and that little thing keeps up with my Cloud EVO (ofc, not in endurance runs :) ) So i've always been impressed with GH, so i guess a Hopper IO would just be in line of the expectations like a OG GH would be;
The last contender would be the Mi3, ... sigh ... never used a Milaana, but i hear lots of peepz who swear by it ... maby a steep learning curve, but hey, this vape shouldn't be your first vape :) But i'm afraid of the uneven heating with Milaana's ...
And to close the list ... the newest of the bunch ... TinyMight ... what keeps me on my toes with this one, is the overall QC ... (never tried one)

So, in short, can you guys give me an idea about:

1. Which of these vapes has the most even ABV? (especially when you compare a Milaana to a TinyMight; are they both uneven?)
2. Which of these vapes is the most reliable? (in terms of build quality)
3. Which vape has the hottest output (i mean, are they all 4 usable native? I know the IO could be used native, ... but it's not a good idea :) )
4. Which of these vapes is the bitchiest to clean? (if i remember well, my OG GH was the easiest to clean!)
5. Which of these vapes is the most difficult (finicky) to load?
6. Do any of you FC'ers know about some on-demand electric vapes i forgot?

Optional questions (for bonus points!)

1. Anyone can compare some (or all) these vapes to a MiniVap? (i can get a good deal on one, but i'm not really familiar with the product)
2. Any special grinders recommended for these on-demand electric vapes? Chuncky grind or fine grind? Tamp or loose?
3. Anyone can compare some (or all) these vapes to a P80? (but i don't like the formfactor on that one, whaddabrick :( )

Thanks for your ideas and feedback in advance guys :)

edit: Optional Q n°3

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep

I want another convection-based portable and out of the ones you listed the VLeaf Go is the one I want. :lol: :tup:
But for more convection based I have been enjoying my XMax Ace lately, simple to use and not even bother to clean (push button empty)!

lisifi

I want another convection-based portable and out of the ones you listed the VLeaf Go is the one I want. :lol: :tup:
But for more convection based I have been enjoying my XMax Ace lately, simple to use and not even bother to clean (push button empty)!

VLeaf Go?
can that thing keep up with the other contenders like TM, IO, Mi etc ?

And i don't want a convection-based vape per sé, i like the smooth conduction vapor, but i understand there aren't a lot of premium conduction vapes out there; So thanks for the option, i'll sure look into it!
Shame realy, because i tend to get higher temps with conduction going on; when i get to the same temps with a convection vape (native) i always get irritated throat/lungs (yes, water filtration helps, and best with hot water; but i can't do that always :) *sneaky* )

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I have TM and a TUBOx (Now Tetrax, check also TetraP80 if you like all in one package) .
Both are great heaters. I prefer the performance of the TUBO tech but TM beats it for portability and hits almost as hard and precise.
In other terms if you are after best performance - lamart.ch . If you are after size tinymightvape.com :)) Cant go wrong with both.
@LesPlenty I think Xmax Ace is pure conduction, Xmax FOG is their hybrid model,which i must say for the price is great performer and has a replaceable battery, curious to see v2 .)

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I own and have tried only the TM from your list, which I totally love and recommend (easy to clean & use, great performance & battery life, yadda yadda), but if you are really into that conduction signature, I think the Firewoods are the way to go when it comes to artisanal vapes.

I'm sure @Shit Snacks will chime in soon, I believe he does own all the devices you have listed.

Ah, the MiniVap. Great vape too... :-)

Last edited:

justcametomind

I own a minivap and a Tinymight, but I don't understand what comparison you would like. MV is a session vape, has really nice flavor, it's very sturdy. It's quite big.
TM is both session/on demand. My opinion is that even if it's small, it's not adviceable to throw it in a bag for outdoor use, unless you get a padded case and are careful. TM has internal and external glass parts and the risk is to be vapeless with just one unlucky drop. TM customer service seems improving but has been plain bad for the last months. Company reps are not active in here and it’s pretty hard to get a response if you ever get a problem unit or develop issues after use.
MV battery lasts ages in terms of sessions and in terms of durability. IIRC I got mine in 2014, shortly after, I got another battery module and they both still work decently.
If you are curious about Firewood7, just get it, or else you'll probably regret it and buy it anyway.
Something more about TM/MV comparison:
I use both as desktop devices. TM is capable of heating in just a few seconds but I find that taking a hit and quit right away is not as I expected. The stem is quite heavy and imho once hot is responsible for cooking your load regardless if you hit it or not. So for me it’s now a session vape and I always use it with the Wpa despite getting 2 cooling units, all the available types of compatible capsules.

justcametomind,
Reactions: lisifi

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Semi-OT:
The stem is quite heavy and imho once hot is responsible for cooking your load regardless if you hit it or not.
Take the stem, hold it in hot water for a while, then check how long it retains the heat. Then recombine your data.

Spoiler: glass does not retain heat for very long. It doesn't cook the herb at all. Take a look at the Elev8r to see what it takes to use glass as a heat source. Bit more than just some hot air.

I also think that while the TM, like most vapes, is not free of achilles heels, it is actually a very sturdy device. Totally capable of outdoor use.

Vaporware

I went with the Firewood 7 out of those, and especially since you prefer conduction vapor I would recommend that. It’s not as easy to load as the stem-loaded convection stuff, but it’s not that hard and there’s a lot to like about it, especially as a portable.

The Hopper should be the easiest and safest to carry around, but that comes at a cost...you already know how the OG feels, and if you don’t love hitting it straight it’s not the ideal portable it might look like.

The Mi3 may be worth picking up if it’s something you really want since it may not be available in the future, but I’m not sure there’s any support for it right now, and the TM and Hopper both have issues on that front too. Comparing the three though, I’d actually expect better CS from TM. They don’t always respond quickly, but they take care of people when they get through.

I want to see Hopper do well too, but last time I looked at the thread there were still a lot of issues...

Tweakz

Hi FC'ers,
it's that time of year again;
Time to throw some money around and be happy :)

Now, what would it be if you had to choose from:
- Firewood 7
- Hopper IO
- Milaana 3
- TinyMight

All these vapes are strong contenders, with comparable prices & performance (IMHO); The portability/form-factor of these vapes is different;
I'm tempted to pick the Firewood 7, why? Other heater;

I prefer the warm, fat & full vape signature from a conduction vaporizer, so i think the FW7 would fit best in that shoes;
but then again, i have a OG Grasshopper, and that little thing keeps up with my Cloud EVO (ofc, not in endurance runs :) ) So i've always been impressed with GH, so i guess a Hopper IO would just be in line of the expectations like a OG GH would be;
The last contender would be the Mi3, ... sigh ... never used a Milaana, but i hear lots of peepz who swear by it ... maby a steep learning curve, but hey, this vape shouldn't be your first vape :) But i'm afraid of the uneven heating with Milaana's ...
And to close the list ... the newest of the bunch ... TinyMight ... what keeps me on my toes with this one, is the overall QC ... (never tried one)

So, in short, can you guys give me an idea about:

1. Which of these vapes has the most even ABV? (especially when you compare a Milaana to a TinyMight; are they both uneven?)
2. Which of these vapes is the most reliable? (in terms of build quality)
3. Which vape has the hottest output (i mean, are they all 4 usable native? I know the IO could be used native, ... but it's not a good idea :) )
4. Which of these vapes is the bitchiest to clean? (if i remember well, my OG GH was the easiest to clean!)
5. Which of these vapes is the most difficult (finicky) to load?

Optional questions (for bonus points!)

1. Anyone can compare some (or all) these vapes to a MiniVap? (i can get a good deal on one, but i'm not really familiar with the product)
2. Any special grinders recommended for these on-demand electric vapes? Chuncky grind or fine grind? Tamp or loose?
3. Anyone can compare some (or all) these vapes to a P80? (but i don't like the formfactor on that one, whaddabrick :( )

Thanks for your ideas and feedback in advance guys :)

edit: Optional Q n°3
I have tinymight . for 10 months now, this is my favorite and main daily device.

but I also ordered minivap and I myself have a great desire to compare the quality , taste and density of steam.

so when it comes. I'll write my own comparison

lisifi

Ok, thanks for feedback, so this is what i get from it:

1. I'll have a look @ VLeaf GO & Xmax ACE to get that conduction going on;
2. On the shootout department, the general consensus is TinyMight,
BUT the Firewood7 is the only one in the list with conduction going on (but isn't the easiest to load on the go)
3. Milaana is worth picking up because it might not be around forever;
4. IO remains king of inconspicuous vaping
5. Don't count on customer support in the future for most of these vapes

I own a minivap and a Tinymight, but I don't understand what comparison you would like. MV is a session vape, has really nice flavor, it's very sturdy. It's quite big.
> well, the TM and Minivap are both capable of clearing a bowl in one big pull; but i haven't found anyone that owns a MV to realy hear about it (how easy it's in use, if it's realy THAT big, is it *worth* it?)
And i don't think i'm the only one, because I C that Tweakz here ordered a MV too ... after buying a TM ... Why?

I have tinymight . for 10 months now, this is my favorite and main daily device.

but I also ordered minivap and I myself have a great desire to compare the quality , taste and density of steam.
> so the TM was not delivering enough? Or how do see it?

But thanks so far guys, nice to have your views on these topics :)

lisifi,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

BUT the Firewood7 is the only one in the list with conduction going on (but isn't the easiest to load on the go)

> well, the TM and Minivap are both capable of clearing a bowl in one big pull; but i haven't found anyone that owns a MV to realy hear about it (how easy it's in use, if it's realy THAT big, is it *worth* it?)
And i don't think i'm the only one, because I C that Tweakz here ordered a MV too ... after buying a TM ... Why?

Vleafgo is convection...

You didn't really get a shootout from someone who owns them all lol

If you want some conduction, if you want consistent customer support, if you want good portability and power with versatile load size, go with FW7.

I think you would be very happy with it, and you will probably want to get one of these others in the future as well...

Read through recent pages of the dedicated product threads if you haven't been, that should help confirm your decision!

SixStringToker

Naked member
well, the TM and Minivap are both capable of clearing a bowl in one big pull; but i haven't found anyone that owns a MV to realy hear about it (how easy it's in use, if it's realy THAT big, is it *worth* it?)
I cycle several hours a week and have decent lung capacity as a result. I can't imagine clearing a full bowl in either the TinyMight or the MiniVAP while still being conscious at the end.
They're just different creatures. While the MiniVAP is technically portable, it's HUGE and heavy with the battery. I use mine exclusively plugged in w/o that big beast of a battery attached; I find it to be much more manageable without the extra bulk and weight, even with the cord attached.

The Tiny Might can hit harder (tho the MiniVAP is no slouch) but for me, the MiniVAP yields more flavorful hits, even with the cones. Like some others do, I use my MiniVAP lidless and with a "naked" basket, basically treating it as a log vape for pure convection. You can see the setup with the naked basket in the background here:

50754475633_0abb703c6d_o.jpg

I use a 10mm to 14mm adaptor for the cone and flattened out several of the standard non-MiniVAP baskets to use as lids so that I can treat the baskets as pre-loaded capsules (a trick I saw somewhere here on FC):

50756340857_802d46b8b4_o.jpg

lisifi

You didn't really get a shootout from someone who owns them all lol
Much obliged for your answer, dear Snacks;

FW7 is currently in limbo (customs) but should be arriving anywhere between tomorrow - two weeks;
i do think that'll be the best fitting (i forgot to mention that my IQ is my vape of preference ... i know, i know, to each his own)

But i can get my hands on a TM too, and also on a MiniVap, for a very reasonable price;
The TM i'm not to sure about the build quality and to be honest, the MiniVap wasn't even on my radar, untill i got an offer i have trouble refusing ...
Hence the MV in the mix for comparison; IMHO, i can't find a reason to add the MV to my collection ... maby FC could enlighten me?

But i was thinking, if i were to add another vape to the collection ... what are my options @ that pricepoint;
that's where the IO and Milaana came in ... all convection options, but which one will get me baked fastest and which one will be the tastiest?
(between Hopper IO <> Milaana3 <> TinyMight <> MiniVap)
That's how this thread came to be ...

I cycle several hours a week and have decent lung capacity as a result. I can't imagine clearing a full bowl in either the TinyMight or the MiniVAP while still being conscious at the end.
> now this is what i wanted to hear; the MV does hold up i see, and it can "milk a glass" for the cloud-chasers (especially the non-vaping, combusting kind). But i already have a Cloud EVO ... is the MV an upgrade or more of a lateral movement? (Yes i am quite fond of my EVO and no, i don't think i'll replace it with the MV, but still ... your opinions?)
> so the MV is your go-to vape for TASTE signature?
> Kudos for the loading/flattened_baskets tips! Nice!

SixStringToker

Naked member
@lisifi, I've used a Cloud EVO in the past, but it's been quite a while, so I can't really compare the MiniVAP to it. There are at least a couple people on FC who have both, tho. Maybe one of them will chime in.

As far as vapes-that-can-technically-be-considered-portable, the MiniVAP is definitely my current favorite for flavor. As far as all-out flavor goes, I have to hand that to the big boys; the desktop vapes. The Flowerpot and Herborizer are the reigning champs for flavor at my home.

lisifi

As far as vapes-that-can-technically-be-considered-portable, the MiniVAP is definitely my current favorite for flavor. As far as all-out flavor goes, I have to hand that to the big boys; the desktop vapes. The Flowerpot and Herborizer are the reigning champs for flavor at my home.
> So if chasing flavor, the MV would indeed be unnecessary, IF desktops are added in the mix (enter EVO)
Thanks for that advice; makes me wonder ... since i'm EU ent, Herbi would be the better option i guess; but we're talking different numbers then :)
(my price i get on the used MV versus a new Herborizer, oki, different, but still, maby i keep that budget in my wallet and rethink my options)

> Handheld remains; your opinion on TinyMight <> Milaana <> Hopper IO ?
Seeing that only the TM is in your "active" list, i presume the TM would be your choice of those three?
And is Milaana still viable compared to TM?
(edit: don't care about battery life, just want to know which one of the three hits hardest, for solo use)

lisifi,

Shit Snacks

Was going to mention this in the tafee thread, but nice use of the ceramic toothbrush holder, I got a few of those recently, thinking I would use one for vape pens! (have not been using pens in quarantine though staying at home)

Much obliged for your answer, dear Snacks;

FW7 is currently in limbo (customs) but should be arriving anywhere between tomorrow - two weeks;
i do think that'll be the best fitting (i forgot to mention that my IQ is my vape of preference ... i know, i know, to each his own)

But i can get my hands on a TM too, and also on a MiniVap, for a very reasonable price;
The TM i'm not to sure about the build quality and to be honest, the MiniVap wasn't even on my radar, untill i got an offer i have trouble refusing ...
Hence the MV in the mix for comparison; IMHO, i can't find a reason to add the MV to my collection ... maby FC could enlighten me?

But i was thinking, if i were to add another vape to the collection ... what are my options @ that pricepoint;
that's where the IO and Milaana came in ... all convection options, but which one will get me baked fastest and which one will be the tastiest?
(between Hopper IO <> Milaana3 <> TinyMight <> MiniVap)
That's how this thread came to be ...

> now this is what i wanted to hear; the MV does hold up i see, and it can "milk a glass" for the cloud-chasers (especially the non-vaping, combusting kind). But i already have a Cloud EVO ... is the MV an upgrade or more of a lateral movement? (Yes i am quite fond of my EVO and no, i don't think i'll replace it with the MV, but still ... your opinions?)
> so the MV is your go-to vape for TASTE signature?
> Kudos for the loading/flattened_baskets tips! Nice!

Ah I see, cool, so I would say grab that tinymight for now then too, it is basically like a Grasshopper meets Milaana, seems worth adding to your collection... (keep your eye on Milaana too though, something special there to me, but I beta tested the original soo)

Oh Milaana probably bests TM for flavor, but TM still good! FW7 also top tier flavor of course... Maybe check out tafee bowle too?

SixStringToker

Naked member
Was going to mention this in the tafee thread, but nice use of the ceramic toothbrush holder, I got a few of those recently, thinking I would use one for vape pens! (have not been using pens in quarantine though staying at home)
They're awesome. I snagged a 12 pack of them for around $15 USD from Amazon. I use them for tons of different things; doob tubes, slides, adaptors, cotton swabs, pens (both vape AND ink), etc...

justcametomind

It depends on flower, but TM takes 1 or more frequently 2/3 big hits to clear a bowl ime, usually I use the smallest possible bowl given by the rounded screen on the Wpa adapter.
MV is more of a sipper. Glass core, which I currently have, boosted the power a bit over the Teflon but it’s still a few more hits than 1 imho. There is some draw restriction on both, maybe clouds are bigger on the TM but MV bowls have the power to medicate very well even without clouds.
Minivap is big and you can put it in a backpack, not in your pockets at all. It’s like a Red Bull can (and then some if you add the battery). Is it worth it? I wouldn’t think it could last this many years as a unit and as a company.
A couple of things I appreciate on MV: no stirring required, it’s unable to scorch your load under any condition, doesn’t require a lot of maintenance. It takes a bit more to heat up than newer devices.
It depends on what you are after.
I also think that the industry has been quite a bit stagnant over the last few years, especially big companies which make it this side of the ocean (EU). I bought a TM for the lack of any available on demand portables after the Grasshopper and later Fury2. Now also older devices are getting “second wave” popularity because of the lack of new competitors and/or word of mouth, a few happy and vocal customers that keep the thread floating in the first pages of the forum, idk. This could be the case of minivap and also Vapbong more recently.
Every money is better spent on desktop than portables. Imho Supreme vaporizer is the best heavy hitter if you are after that sort of one hitter thing. lacentralevapeur in France should get a few more units of that in January if you are interested. Vapbong probably comes really close but also Verdamper or Elev8r I’ve been said are pretty strong.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Oh for what it's worth I don't stir in the Tinymight, or even Milaana so much either, depends on your technique and needs... I do stir vapbong every hit though and used to stir my RBT vape stems more... Usually pure convection on demand does benefit from stirring though some you get away without!

Last edited:

SixStringToker

Naked member
That's funny. I hadn't thought about it, but I'm doing much less stirring these days, too. I used to stir after almost every hit in the TM, but with my latest setup, I get near perfect ABV w/o stirring. I always stir my Splinter Z, but that's more out of ritual than actual need and I haven't actually been using it much lately. The only thing that I still stir regularly is the flowerpot and that really doesn't need it, but as with the Splinter, it's just part of my ritual; like clapping your hands and barking like a dog at the beginning of a new bowl... everybody does that, right? :D

hinglemccringleberry

Ive only used the Milaana 3 from your list, but it killed my VAS. My Dynavap was my daily for years, but ever since I got the M3 the Dyna collects dust. And no the Milaana is not difficult to use. Ppl make it sound like an unregulated vape is this big risky proposition, no, it's not. It's just like the Dynavap. Apply some common sense and it's super intuitive and very satisfying.

This comparison is like comparing high end sports cars, you can't go wrong with any and it comes down to aesthetics and personal preference for how the different units perform and are operated.

I was on a reddit thread about the TM and Milaana the other day and someone posted this:
"I have a tinymight and it’s definitely nice but the vapor from the Milaana is nicer. The TM does work well however."

But in vapefeinds TM vs Mi comparison video, he said that the Mi vapor is scratchier and the TM vapor is smoother. This surely has something to do with the fact that he was using the stock Milaana stem that doesn't have any stem filter, while the TM has that very robust metal housing inside the stem... I would say don't go too crazy with these comparison reviews. Just get your hands on whichever one you can find.

Last edited:
Top Bottom