Omicron Light or O-PHOS vs Cera

Status
Not open for further replies.

badfishadi

Hi all,

I am a current pax by ploom owner and love it for loose leaf. I now want something for extracts, preferably discreet enough to take to a club/concert/etc. I've heard amazing things about the Cera and I can afford it but it doesn't look like its suitable for a stealthy rip, in fact it looks bigger than my pax (is it?).

Then the O-PHOS and Omicron light seem to be less advanced but stealthier options. I like the look of the O-PHOS better and I think the heat shield would be preferable (wouldn't it?) but I know the Omicron Light is the newer model so is there a significant difference? Why is the Omicron Light the newer/supposedly better version?

Thanks for your thoughts guys

badfishadi,
Reactions: Katysax

Katysax

I'm kind of hoping someone will answer this. I'm trying to figure out why one would get an Omicron light vs. an O-Phos

Katysax,

Katysax

Hi all,

Then the O-PHOS and Omicron light seem to be less advanced but stealthier options. I like the look of the O-PHOS better and I think the heat shield would be preferable (wouldn't it?) but I know the Omicron Light is the newer model so is there a significant difference? Why is the Omicron Light the newer/supposedly better version?

I asked about the O-Phos vs the Omicron LIght in the Omicron discussion. The answer I got was that the Omicron Light has updated electronics. The usefulness of the heat shield seems to be in question. The advice I got was that both the O-Phos and Omicron Light are good products.

FWIW I tend to prefer the Omicron to the Persei because of the form factor. I really like the Omicron a lot and the Cera isn't calling to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluepants

I asked about the O-Phos vs the Omicron LIght in the Omicron discussion. The answer I got was that the Omicron Light has updated electronics. The usefulness of the heat shield seems to be in question. The advice I got was that both the O-Phos and Omicron Light are good products.

FWIW I tend to prefer the Omicron to the Persei because of the form factor. I really like the Omicron a lot and the Cera isn't calling to me.

how is the omicron treating you? Do you usually fill it up all the way ( to 1g) or do you start off with .5? Any advice on how to prevent leaks? I ordered the omicron and am scheduled to get it tomorrow. Would like to get some information on it so i can start using it right away. Also do you need anything else to fill it other than the fill tool and a lighter?

Bluepants,

Katysax

The answer to your questions can be found in the Omicron forum.

Do I fill it all the way? No. Start with .5. Many people, my experience also, will ruin a cartridge or two in the initial learning process. Load your first couple of cartridges with something cheap. Don't put in more than .5 until you've got it going.

Preventing leaks can be an issue if the stuff is too runny. More liquid stuff will do better in a cartomizer.

A hairdryer helps with loading. It won't burn your material. You can get the cartridge warm with a hair dryer which will help to move the material through. I find that a hair dryer will melt wax, but at the very end of the process I still need to use a flame.

Katysax,

Bluepants

Oh, i dont know if a hair dryer will make it hot enough to melt. I filled mine with .5 of some pretty good CO2 wax, it was light yellow. How many puffs does .5 usually last you? So far i have taken about 55, 10 second hits. I try to only buy CO2 wax, I dont really want to vape regular BHO unless its really pure, like pure gold. Do you know if they sell single empty carts at delta 9 ( physical store ) ?

Bluepants,

Katysax

The Omicron loading tool will get very hot with a hair dryer. It will definitely melt wax. It also helps to warm the cartridge without damaging it which a flame can do. I tend to use a flame at the end to finish the loading, but the hair dryer unquestionably turns the wax to liquid.

Delta 9 is not a physical store - but they do have a showroom and will sell you carts. You can also order carts from dealers.

I usually use CO2 wax. I start with .5 and once it's working I'll add more. As far as the exact number of hits; I have no clue. It's highly variable; all I know is that it's a lot.

Katysax,

Bluepants

The Omicron loading tool will get very hot with a hair dryer. It will definitely melt wax. It also helps to warm the cartridge without damaging it which a flame can do. I tend to use a flame at the end to finish the loading, but the hair dryer unquestionably turns the wax to liquid.

Delta 9 is not a physical store - but they do have a showroom and will sell you carts. You can also order carts from dealers.

I usually use CO2 wax. I start with .5 and once it's working I'll add more. As far as the exact number of hits; I have no clue. It's highly variable; all I know is that it's a lot.
Is the showroom inside or outside the dispensary? I ask because i live close by and would like to buy an empty cartridge from them and dont really want to wait if its that close anyway. However i am 18 and it says the Delta 9 dispensary is 21+

Bluepants,

Katysax

It's not near the Delta 9 Dispensary - it's Delta 9 Vapes in Van Nuys. The address and phone number is on the web site. Call and check if it is OK - they told me to just come in. It's not a store. They do have a cabinet with a few items, and they will demo stuff to some extent (no they won't light up). I think I recall that Delta 9 Dispensary is in Sherman Oaks.

Katysax,

Katysax

Hi all,

I picked up the O-Phos from Delta 9 vapes. It does just fine with the 2.4 carts. I don't think it's all that stealthy though. Currently I'm camping, and while I hadn't thought about it, the O-Phos or Omicron Light is a better fit for this trip than the Omicron or Perseus. I can just recharge through my USB port on my computer. (OK so it's not that rustic of a camping trip if I have a computer and wifi). Seems that the Omicron offers more options and is more versatile, but if you just want to run the 2.4 ohm carts at 3.7 volts, then the Omicron Light or O-Phos will do the job. You lose the flexibility that comes from changing the batteries, but you get something simpler that can be recharged anywhere.

Katysax,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom