OLD MATE (formerly Medgrind)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
differentiation from marketing standpoint is the fidget spinner angle…

Sorry you had a poor experience, but that is not the differentiation, it is moreso a mere little bonus... Also as a member here I would think you would have seen the differences between the options laid out... I had no trouble determining the NTN served no purpose for me personally right away... If someone felt the biggest benefit was it being a fidget spinner, then I would have thought it clear what they should choose, before spending more money presuming it better? perhaps they would even choose their own different bearing from the after market as others have discussed here...

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks - correct, my mistake- buh bye

I mean I still think the situation with the magnet you could have gotten resolved as it did seem like a mistake in a sense... Could even be worth keeping the magnet as a standard ultimately I'm not sure how the option works now? But yeah I don't know otherwise could just be expectations and misunderstandings regarding the bearing

OMD

Accessory Maker
@Shit Snacks - correct, my mistake- buh bye
Hey mate,

I’m sorry if I didn’t catch that you were having a problem or there was a misunderstanding.

If you still have it I’m happy to exchange it for one with a coloured bearing and magnet. I will pay the shipping cost each way.

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Thanks and sorry!

MCwREN678

Yes I think so. They are the same size.
Although I have no Idea how you would remove the current and replace it with the new one.
I got the ntn one which spins greased and I love it.
Heya, so I’m trying to decide which bearing to go with… for some reason my instinct is the ntn, but I don’t know why! And I don’t have a fidget spinner, so… maybe the skateboard one? How well does the non spin? I wonder if Ben might sell me one with an extra bearing..?

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Heya, so I’m trying to decide which bearing to go with… for some reason my instinct is the ntn, but I don’t know why! And I don’t have a fidget spinner, so… maybe the skateboard one? How well does the non spin? I wonder if Ben might sell me one with an extra bearing..?

Well, it might be against your instinct but my instinct tells me you'll also enjoy the fidget feature of the grinder and Ben did say that the ntn doesn't spin as freely/long as the skateboard bearing so i'd say go for the skate bearing?

It's great there's the option and the ntn should be suited better for heavy usage if i understood correctly but i can't help but think that the extra durability is kinda overkill.
I can be wrong but compared to what they go thru on a skateboardwheel there's not really that much forces at play here so i reckon they should be quite sufficient?
In that case i prefer the extra spinning time over extra strength tbh.
It's really nice when it spins freely so choose wisely!
;)

Shit Snacks

If you see the previous page someone who got the NTN was extremely disappointed with it after buying it simply because it was more money than the other, when they specifically wanted this for the spinning

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Well, it might be against your instinct but my instinct tells me you'll also enjoy the fidget feature of the grinder and Ben did say that the ntn doesn't spin as freely/long as the skateboard bearing so i'd say go for the skate bearing?
Indeed the ntn stops after a couple spins. Maybe 1 to 2 sec. It still spins very nicely. I guess it is greased.
If you want maximum spin time, it would give you a couple spins more, if you remove the shielding and the thick grease, if present.
But then it is more prone to dirt and dust.

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
The ABEC rating doesn't really mean alot in this context. Lower rated could have better spin times.

I was arguing with myself wether to get a top magnet or not.
One of the thoughts was that the magnet might slow down the bearing.
Has anybody been able to try and compare?

I am too lazy to think and research about physics to get an explanation. Probably there is no effect. But maybe we could generate some electricity alongside:lol:

oldfool

Knewt

26s, 35 to 40s wow!
I mean I love the fidget aspect of the grinder and it is easily the most empty spun grinder of my collection,
but I love my ntn!
I don't have time to wait 30s and more for it to stop each time:lol:

This grinder makes grinding fun!
Mine is only spinning for 15 seconds, and the bearing has a slightly scratchy sound, but it is still an awesome toy, I mean grinder.

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
That was me. Does not seem to be the case.
Ah I see ,great minds think alike or something like that:tup:. But you were faster. I didn't see your message.

The ABEC rating doesn't really mean alot in this context.
The higher ABEC classes provide better precision, efficiency, and the possibility of greater speed capabilities
True in theory. But in my experience with spinning toys with little weight or force applied and relatively low speed. Cleanliness and lubricant used are more important. Some ABEC7's spin pretty bad.
Now when there is a car spinning around the bearing or a turbine or so, it is a different story of course.

Top Bottom