Old Head Dab-Ready and Terp Hammer

StinKing

Wonder how a Terp Hammer works with a Terp Hammer?
image_62e6f832-43c4-4f00-80b9-06453ffecfe6_1024x1024@2x.heic
That thing is gorgeous! Does it take 14mm? Where might I be able to find one?

StinKing,

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
That thing is gorgeous! Does it take 14mm? Where might I be able to find one?
It's a Bear Mountain Studios (@bearmountainstudios and @th3ydidit on IG) recycling terp hammer - his stuff is somewhat difficult to get - but he does Sunday Sales some times and you will get advance notice if you get his newsletter. I think they go for around 500 in clear (10mm and 14mm) with accents or full color versions costing more.

coolbreeze

It's a Bear Mountain Studios (@bearmountainstudios and @th3ydidit on IG) recycling terp hammer - his stuff is somewhat difficult to get - but he does Sunday Sales some times and you will get advance notice if you get his newsletter. I think they go for around 500 in clear (10mm and 14mm) with accents or full color versions costing more.
I have to mention that it is a lot easier to get one of his pieces than supposed. My first attempt i had carted a wonderful piece and would have bought it, but I hesitated and let it go. The second and third attempts were easy and I got what I came for. Sign up for the drop emails and show up on time and you should be successful.

My Terp Hammer is a clear, non-recycler for $260 and while it's not cheap, it's well worth the price, imho. I will go back again someday for a recycling version, perhaps even colored, but I wanted to start with something simple with broad application. Couldn't be happier with it. Wonderful for small vapes for sure, but also great for ball-vapes in flavor mode.

IMG-4817.jpg

EDIT: I could actually be happier with it: unfortunately the Lotus's stirstick won't clear the can and using en extender puts the plate too high to see well. It is perfect otherwise, and it's a mere quibble given how nice it is with other vapes.

If I had a Terp Hammer, I'd pair it with my Terp Hammer.

Last edited:

onesixty2

My factory seconds dab ready dock arrived. If you were like me and on the fence, hope you bit with the recent 7/10 sale, because mine came out in excellent condition with some very minor scuffs around the base.

e: photo attached.. this is great, it looks awesome and it just BARELY still fits on my desk /under my PC's second monitor for out of the way storing still. Soooo glad I decided to gamble on the factory second. Minor wood polish and cleaning and this thing will be flawless.

Last edited:

onesixty2

Nope, it’s only there back in the corner when cooled off, “out of the way storing.” Is a perfect height for it to be stashed back there but reality is I’ll probably be using it more daily than every other or so now that I ordered a second quartz banger. Will be using your velco idea, definitely expected it to be a tad snug or secured inside the slot.

ChooChooCharlie

Comic-Con has an impact on local signage this week:

Thor-hammer-with-Terp-Hammer.jpg

For new Hammer users, from cold, after PID overshoots and settles down, wait an additional 2 min, or you will get weak sauce. Still under ten minutes from cold, like in the 6-8 minute range. Also, when I vape near open window, I need to increase temp 5-10 degrees to compensate for breeze rushing past ... again, weak sauce if I don't

Troy and Jerry Thinkdank youtube Dab-Ready with Terp Hammer video released yesterday, but it's age restricted, so can't post link here without it showing as blank

They flash a discount code half way through -- 10% off using code "TROYTIME" on oldheadtc site

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I'm a long time cannabis consumer, that has just recently gotten into concentrates. Supply and price had precluded me before. That has recently changed. I'm using an OG Peak, which is the only way I've ever dabbed. I like it, but feel like there are better ways. Plus the $40 atomizers every month or two are going to add up very quickly I'm finding out.

All that said, I'm very interested in this Dab Ready Terp Hammer set. It seems like an end-game type set-up. I've never used a ball vape before, but with this system, plus a log vape, I think my needs would be met for many years to come.

Does anyone know what the warranty would be on these? I can't find that info anywhere. 3 year coverage would make the price easier to absorb.

Can anyone confirm the Dab Ready hits harder/more efficient than a Peak? I'm assuming it does, but would love a quick comparison from someone with experience using both.

How does the Terp Hammer stack up against other ball vapes? Is the experience just as good? For budget sake, I'd probably get the Dab Ready first, then the Terp Hammer later down the road. But for $200, is it a comparable extraction experience compared to a "stand-alone" (lack of a better word) ball vape?

Last question. Could you safely leave the Dab Ready on for a few days? Just out of curiosity. My usage would probably be 12-16/hrs. a day with the unit on.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
The dab ready experience is up there for as good of concentrate experience you can have. The only thing better is likely to be a torch run slurper.

Terp Hammer is unique among ballers, it has plenty of power for solo use but will start to lag behind if you’re trying to run a group sesh with it.

If you’re just looking solo use they will be plenty; and I’ve kept it on with the Terp Hammer for 12+ hours with no issues.

quasars25

i so wanted to hold off on getting a terp hammer until they came out with a version that does similar to the new CH heads, but alas, VAS won again. The hammer comes tomorrow. now to go sell a few things....

excited to get that stand delivered.Bummed that it doesnt look like it has a dedicated place for the hammer. How are y'all handling that?
May I ask where you got the stand?

quasars25,
Reactions: Bologna

StinKing

@hweezi what bowl are you using? looking to find one that needs a screen instead of the fixed glass screen. Thanks in advance
You can find injector bowls for a decent price from Vgoodiez. Glass or metal screen options

If you want to ball out, you can get Ed's tnt wooden bowls there too. I've got one and it's one of my favorite bowls

ChooChooCharlie

Why such long draws?

Is he trying to impress viewers with clouds?
Says he just received it day before, maybe needs to try shorter draws?
Perhaps he was trying to show how Hammer won't lose heat over long draw?
Maybe attempting a one-and-done, but too much weed, and temp too low?

I've settled upon 615 because in draft from open window, let it warmup from cold for 10 min

Four second firm draw, pull Hammer, finish draw to clear
Repeat
Then stir, final draw

Ball vapes allow us shorter draws -- Yay!
(combusting opponents of dry herb vaping have always been critical of draw duration and control required for decent convection vape cloudage, and they weren't wrong)

quasars25

Can someone recommend a bubbler (not too expensive - $$) that will go well with a ball vape?

quasars25,

ChooChooCharlie

If I had a hammer
I'd hammer in the morning
I'd hammer in the evening... sorry, Pete

Freedom! (from the cord)

Terp-Hammer-with-CC-Vertex-and-TAG-DD.jpg

if you like straws, this ain't bad
or, use this with a whip like old days
or, use the CC stock MP

BTW the dropdown is TAG 18-18, 2nd quality, cheap
it clears both the CC Vertex and my Roor

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
After scouring the internets and devouring every piece of media I could find related to the Terp Ready System, I finally pulled the trigger. Ordered Monday, shipped Tuesday, arrives Thursday.

But, I can't find the info for a proper burn-off? Anyone have any tips? 650f for 10 min? Or an hour?

Also, does anyone know the length of the power cord? I might need an extension if shorter than 5ft.

ChooChooCharlie

@Magic9 - Yes, 650 for 10 minutes will be fine. With both Freight Trains, I got some visible burnoff fumes. Not so with the Terp Ready coil, in fact I skipped burnoff on my second unit

The cord is 6ft, and it's the "standard" detachable 3 prong PC style plug, so can get cheap longer ones if needed

I prefer a minute soak after pid overshoots and stabilizes from cold start. After pulling Hammer, the pid will drop, as the Hammer head is an insulator for the coil. But, after your hit and you replace Hammer, you don't need to wait for the temp to rise back to set -- the Hammer head retains heat better than the coil. Let it sit between hits for you to clear rig, exhale, as little as 10 sec racked is sufficient IME

ChooChooCharlie

Terp-Ready-in-basket.jpg

Trying to keep things out of sight, but easy to use.
Rig sits on 4.5 ft dresser, basket on side table near window.
Stand and hit, exhale out window.
Cord snakes through bottom corner of basket.
Weed and grinders in drawer.
Plugged into wall timer plug so don't need to reach into basket.
Don't think this would work well with a corded injector.
But must remember to leave basket open until cool:lol:

Mndeadhead

If I had a hammer
I'd hammer in the morning
I'd hammer in the evening... sorry, Pete

Freedom! (from the cord)

Terp-Hammer-with-CC-Vertex-and-TAG-DD.jpg

if you like straws, this ain't bad
or, use this with a whip like old days
or, use the CC stock MP

BTW the dropdown is TAG 18-18, 2nd quality, cheap
it clears both the CC Vertex and my Roor