Old Head Dab-Ready and Terp Hammer

Vapeaction

Brian does good videos
Instructional and clear
honest in regards to group use
Thank you for the link to the video, looking forward to July! My Dab Ready just arrived today and I'm trying to get it dialed in... I'm using a DAB Rite to check temps and have noticed there is about a 100 degree difference, anyone else notice this? Not a big deal, usually go in at 520 so 620 is still far below Brians Max temp of 680.

onesixty2

I’m just leaving my unit at 540 and whenever I turn it on and soak the banger for 5-10 minutes, it delivers good results. Probably passing on the hammer for now, curious to know what everyone thinks of it though! It definitely still has my curiosity.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
It would be cool if the coil was a detachable part and you could just pop in the size you want... 30, 25, 20, 16mm... special formed or extra deep ones for slurpers etc. Seems like a missed opportunity to make it more cu$tomizable...

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
My Jekyll and Hyde reaction to Terp Hammer:

Dangit Brian, just when I thought I had slayed VAS for good you change the game again. Shut up and take my money.

Although…does anyone find it ironic (yeah I really do think) that the high power convector that finally frees us from the chord…requires you to buy another new PID? Does anyone know if Brian has plans to sell the Hammer solo?

ChooChooCharlie

My Jekyll and Hyde reaction to Terp Hammer:

Dangit Brian, just when I thought I had slayed VAS for good you change the game again. Shut up and take my money.

Although…does anyone find it ironic (yeah I really do think) that the high power convector that finally frees us from the chord…requires you to buy another new PID? Does anyone know if Brian has plans to sell the Hammer solo?

Yes, you can buy just the Hammer, for $200, if you already own a Dab-Ready

It's a bit hidden on the site, second page of "Parts & Accessories"

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I did manage to find that eventually…but I don‘t have a Dab Ready so…oh look he has limited edition gold spoons?!? And a reasonably priced auto-spinner? And Dab Caddy is on sale? Sigh. Guess who just lost his morning bagel and is on ramen lunch for the next month? Yep, this guy.

Oil420FL

Don’t see a recent mention of offset: set at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, the top of the coil is 350 and the banger is about 260-270 on the outside after 15 minutes heat soak. Using a thick 25mm banger from another source. Is this what other people are seeing?

Oil420FL,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Don’t see a recent mention of offset: set at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, the top of the coil is 350 and the banger is about 260-270 on the outside after 15 minutes heat soak. Using a thick 25mm banger from another source. Is this what other people are seeing?
I have a thick banger and run it at 590 :tup:

Custom Flower Hardware,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
When you set it to 400F, what is the interior surface temp of the bottom of the banger?

Bologna,

Oil420FL

When you set it to 400F, what is the interior surface temp of the bottom of the banger?
I switched to the stock banger and there’s less offset even though it rocks a bit since the bottom doesn’t sit flush with the coil. And there’s less of a gap than the other banger at the sides, though they’re both 25mm. At 400 it reads 350 interior bottom of banger. At 680 (max settling) it ranges from 650 at one side of bottom (interior) to 699 at other side above coil end).

Oil420FL,
Reactions: Bologna

StinKing

Got my Terp Hammer today and I already love it! Build quality is nice!

I had a old 25mm bucket coil from an old dab rig that I don't use anymore and the Hammer fit into it perfectly!

I got the 65$ stand from Old Head as well and I've found that it also works well as a stand for heating my Hammer. I place the Hammer into the stand and then slap the bucket head coil on top while it heats up and it works great! Also have a glass ash tray that I have next to it to place the coil on while I'm taking my rip. Really convenient and cool set up.

Over all, I am very pleased with the device.

Don't forget to do burn-off! I set my coil to F 800 and left the Hammer in there for about 10+ and 5 mins in I could smell some funky odors coming out of the Hammer. I let it sit until the smell was gone, but just a heads up for others.

ErikNephron

Got my Terp Hammer today and I already love it! Build quality is nice!

I had a old 25mm bucket coil from an old dab rig that I don't use anymore and the Hammer fit into it perfectly!

I got the 65$ stand from Old Head as well and I've found that it also works well as a stand for heating my Hammer. I place the Hammer into the stand and then slap the bucket head coil on top while it heats up and it works great! Also have a glass ash tray that I have next to it to place the coil on while I'm taking my rip. Really convenient and cool set up.

Over all, I am very pleased with the device.

Don't forget to do burn-off! I set my coil to F 800 and left the Hammer in there for about 10+ and 5 mins in I could smell some funky odors coming out of the Hammer. I let it sit until the smell was gone, but just a heads up for others.
That’s awesome.

ErikNephron,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

Just a little fyi... Brian specifically says not to go above 680f:

Edit: Which leads me to ask why they didn't build that limit into the UI...?

Last edited:
Top Bottom