Old bong pipe - tincture - can i make it?

Sdxxxx

I found cleaning my wardrobe an old bong pipe. I guess it's like 2 years old. I only vape so it has a fair amount of oil in it with no combustion leftovers. Actually I feel like wasting of material if I throw it out.

Technically if I'd flush it with 96% alcohol it should kill all nasty stuff right? Should be ok to make tincture, or should I better throw it out due to possible mold etc risk?

Sdxxxx,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I found cleaning my wardrobe an old bong pipe. I guess it's like 2 years old. I only vape so it has a fair amount of oil in it with no combustion leftovers. Actually I feel like wasting of material if I throw it out.

Technically if I'd flush it with 96% alcohol it should kill all nasty stuff right? Should be ok to make tincture, or should I better throw it out due to possible mold etc risk?
Some types of mold produce dangerous mycotoxins, you cannot kill that with alcohol,compounds just gets dissolved into it. Since vaping is all about safety,i would dispose of that garbage.
Btw I change water after every session and clean with iso and salt every 2-3 days and i dont vape a lot. Some might consider that an overkill,but it is better safe than sorry,legionela/bacterial pneumonia is not a joke,especially if you have compromised health.

Last edited:

Sdxxxx

Some types of mold produce dangerous mycotoxins, you cannot kill that with alcohol,compounds just gets dissolved into it. Since vaping is all about safety,i would dispose of that garbage.
Btw I change water after every session and clean with iso and salt every 2-3 days and i dont vape a lot. Some might consider that an overkill,but it is better safe than sorry,legionela/bacterial pneumonia is not a joke,especially if you have compromised health.
Got it! Good stuff mate.

In trash this goes then

Top Bottom