Oils from Licensed Producers

Genki88

Just received the oil tuesday and i have only tried up to 2ml. I think that would be my limit for now. I am still new to edibles.

Genki88,

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Looks like Tweed just released a Hindu Kush Oil for $95 regular price ($76 at their compassionate price).

1700mg of THC for $95 has got to be the best deal on the market right now.

I think I'm going to have to order some to try it out. If they price all their $6 strain oils this way I would be quite pleased. It is still marked up quite a bit, but I have to say the quality of them is quite good. I just wish the concentrations could be greater.

mikek9,
Reactions: Genki88

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
Have you tried cooking with it yet or just straight up?

So far just squirting the dose directly into my mouth from the syringe and swallowing.

I want to bake with it and I have 80ml left, but I have to go out for dinner tonight and hang out afterwards and it would be perfect for that really as it wouldn't be convenient to vape during. And vaping before will only last until the meal arrives.

So I'm likely going to just use what I have without baking or mixing it with anything. I figured straight is probably the best way to get it digested quickly as there is nothing else competing to be broken down. Just a thought though.

I want to order some of the bakersteet oil because it's a killer deal at $76 for me. I will try baking with that one for sure. I'm still conflicted as to what's the most efficient way for it to be absorbed. With or without accompaniment of food? It seems just straight up would be the best but edibles have also always worked fine in the past too.

mikek9,

Genki88

I havent cooked with it yet either but have put it in tea and on ice cream, works and taste great. Ingesting more than 1ml of oil by itself gets a bit weird in my mouth IMO.

Genki88,

theCerberus

I'm curious if you guys notice a tolerance developing? I was into edibles a number of years ago when I could still digest food pretty well, and found my tolerance doubling, and quadrupling extremely fast. At first I would start with a quarter of an edible, then half, then whole, then I'd need 2 to feel the same effects. Mind you these were dispensary products and not entirely standardized, but I find my ABV edibles very similar, start off with a little, but pretty soon I need a lot to feel the same effects.

I think a lot of patients are in for a rude awakening when they realize they dont have enough oil in their next refill.
I've already heard some Tilray patients are not finding the oil effective, and drinking the whole bottle.

For vaporizing I find I do not build a tolerance for more than a day, my tolerance just resets when I fall asleep.

For edibles I build a tolerance and need to take a break (nearly a month) to lower it.

Last edited:
theCerberus,

HomeFree

I thought 10:1 was 10 grams of herb condensed to 1 gram of extract. At least they give you a dose in mg per mL. I guess it could if they are using fan leaf and not taking into account how it is diluted into the oil. I would think 1mL would be equal to 10 grams of herb for 10:1. But that would not be mathematically possible.

Use your edible and get a small snack with fat in you at the same time or within a half hour at the latest. I like to eat a couple of cookies 10-15 minutes after. It makes a big difference for me and stops the 'fun' of wondering when and if it will kick in as it usually kicks in real quick after eating a small fatty thing. Ice cream is really good as well, and I have had oil infused ice cream. Way overpriced and not very potent (I think they said 70 mg per pint but I would say maybe half that) but at least it was decent ice cream.

You could always get cheap flowers, extract and make your own edibles if these are too expensive. Making your own would only run you about $30-60 for what you got (from flower - I get ~12-14% return on $100 an oz material which is rich in terpenes - but they go away when decarbed with heat in any case). If you can find some trim in which case it should be even cheaper. There was a time when people would beg others to take their trim and fan leaf. Wish it was still like that. But concentrates took that away for sure.

HomeFree,
Top Bottom