Official Goodnight Thread.........

Cappella Sistina

Life, sure is a trip sometimes. Here I am about two weeks away from wrapping up my financial aide to start back to school full time in the fall, and persue a whole new career path...and along comes an opportunity for a position, I have dreamed of for years. I just never could obtain it ( or even get an interview) because one of the first requirements is a minium of a BA in Marketing or Business.....neither of which I have.

Yet out of about 200 applicants, I am one of ten remaining who have made it on the final round of interviews(had 3 already). Not until today did I start getting really excited, or my hopes up...because I really didnt think i'd make it this far. Yet now, I am getting all the right "signs" from the hiring managers, and those interviewing me.

Also rediscovered some Vangelis this evening. Really amazing, chilled out soundscapes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pnwf2P5Ve0

Cappella Sistina,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Best of luck Capella. It's funny how fate steps in sometimes. I hope it works out for you. ;)

momofthegoons,

lwien

Sounds like the stars are aligning for ya, Capella. That, talent, knowledge and tenaciousness will get you just about everywhere. Wishing you the best.

lwien,

Cappella Sistina

Funny Lwien, "stars aligning" is the exact metaphor I used when talking about this to a good friend the other day. Just reallly weird, how this came along right as I was bored with my current path and looking for a change. While I LOVE business development and marketing...I just felt like I had hit a plateau with what I could accomplish, with out being able to take it to another level. Was going to take the easy route, and get it into nursing to build the "stability" im starting to look for.

What landed me this gig was; I had sent an e-mail to the V.P of national marketing. Who then CC'd me on an e-mail to the local GSM, requesting that I submit a resume. So I went out and bought a pair of plain white Nike skate shoes. I then had an artist air brush both shoes, with the company logo, and the FM Station #'s of the company owned radio stations in my market. On the tag I wrote "Just trying to get my foot in the door". I then had one shoe, with a copy of my resume sent to both hiring managers.

I was afraid the idea might come across as a lil corny, or over the top.......but looks like the risk paid off, and it helped me stand out. :D

Thanks for the well wish's everyone.

Cappella Sistina,

lwien

Cappella Sistina said:
What landed me this gig was; I had sent an e-mail to the V.P of national marketing. Who then CC'd me on an e-mail to the local GSM, requesting that I submit a resume. So I went out and bought a pair of plain white Nike skate shoes. I then had an artist air brush both shoes, with the company logo, and the FM Station #'s of the company owned radio stations in my market. On the tag I wrote "Just trying to get my foot in the door". I then had one shoe, with a copy of my resume sent to both hiring managers.

I was afraid the idea might come across as a lil corny, or over the top.......but looks like the risk paid off, and it helped me stand out. :D
Genius move. If they're looking for someone who's creative, you just bashed them over the head with a creativity hammer.

/salute

lwien,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
That's a crafty move, it's cheesy but it's that kind of gimmick that automatically makes you more recognized then the other dudes who just tossed their resumes in.

mattybass,

lwien

mattybass said:
That's a crafty move, it's cheesy but it's that kind of gimmick that automatically makes you more recognized then the other dudes who just tossed their resumes in.
Yup, depending upon the position, many companies consider it a windfall if they can hire someone who can think "outside the box".

lwien,

Cappella Sistina

Yeah, naturally I wouldn't have pulled something like if I were going for an accounting, or engineering position. Radio, and national level marketing positions by nature are "gimmicky", so I figured there was a good chance it wouldn't get rejected.

I think having the proper approach, in any situation is always key.

Cappella Sistina,
Top Bottom