Obama opens off shore oil drilling

reprobate

vaporer
Obama to Open Offshore Areas to Oil Drilling for First Time

The proposal a compromise that will please oil companies and domestic drilling advocates but anger some residents of affected states and many environmental organizations would end a longstanding moratorium on oil exploration along the East Coast from the northern tip of Delaware to the central coast of Florida, covering 167 million acres of ocean.
A lot of people don't like the idea - what do you think?

reprobate,

wthanna

I think we need to be drilling and using it.. while at the same time going full speed ahead with new energy options. We are way too dependent on foreign oil produced by people that hate us, in unstable parts of the world.

wthanna,

lwien

wthanna said:
I think we need to be drilling and using it.. while at the same time going full speed ahead with new energy options. We are way too dependent on foreign oil produced by people that hate us, in unstable parts of the world.
Totally agree, but we need to do this while being totally environmentally conscious. The two concepts do not need to be mutually exclusive.

lwien,

Flyer

exploring north or south dakota, would by my stake, enviroment worshiped. my mind says easier cheaper, may not piss off as many folks.

Flyer,
Top Bottom