Nutella Mini Canna-Brownies

DaProfessor

Nutella Mini Canna-Brownies
Great recipe. Few ingredients and great taste for the small amount of work involved.

Prep Time: 25 minutes if extract is already prepared

Servings: 12 mini cupcakes

Equipment:
Mixing bowls and spoons
Measuring cups and spoons
12 mini cupcake pan
Mini cupcake liners
Mini ice cream scoop (optional)

Ingredients:
1/2c. Nutella
6Tbs. Flour
1 Large egg
1/4c. max Ethanol, fat, water etc. based extract - unknown concentration (see note at end)

Instructions:
If possible, bring egg to room temperature before starting. Pre-heat oven to 320F. Add the Nutella to a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix the egg and extract in a separate bowl, then add to the Nutella and mix thoroughly. A hand blender or mixer can be used if needed. Add flour 1 tablespoon at a time and thoroughly mix before adding the next. Once all the flour has been incorporated, scoop the mixture into the lined cupcake pan. Fill to approximately 1/8 inch below the top of the liner. Place in the center of the middle rack and bake for approximately 15 minutes. The brownies should be done when the tops begin to crack and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out slightly wet with crumbs. Cool. Will keep at room temperature for ~4 days. Freezes for at least 4 months.

Dose:
For the brownies I usually make, it takes 1/2 to get you where you want to be and a whole to blast off. Read the note about my extract concentration below.

Notes on extract:
In short, I use about 4 oz. by volume (1/2 cup) of ABV and 1-1.5g of fresh herb per batch.

I've made these 3 times so far, but have always been in a rush and never recorded all the info. My extract usually consist of ~4 oz. (1/2 cup) of ABV by volume and 1-1.5 grams of decarboxylated fresh herb. This gets added to 8 oz. of food grade 95% ethanol. I put it in a jar and let it steep for 4+ hours, shaking often. Protect from strong light, active compounds are light sensitive. Longer steeping is ok, but leads to a stronger taste/aroma. Then I filter the extract. I use an aeropress coffee maker, but use whatever you want. Place the extract in a shallow dish and evaporate until there is 1/4c. or less of liquid. I use my dehydrator, but you can also use your oven if it has a low heat setting (<140F). Alternatively, you could place the uncovered jar in a pot of simmering water to evaporate the excess alcohol. Do not let the jar touch the bottom of the pan. You can place it on a small rack or an inverted dish/plate. You may need to use a bit of alcohol to rinse and scrape out the resins that sometimes form.

Troubleshooting:
A common problem is that the brownies come out either too wet/too dry. Adjust the amount of flour to compensate. Too wet, add 1/2Tbsp during the next batch. Too dry, use 1/2Tbsp less. This assumes that the same volume of extract is added each time.

DaProfessor,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Thanks for this new recipe! I'm a Nutella lover and am looking forward to trying this.

momofthegoons,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Oh my!! This one sounds like a MUST TRY ;) Thanks!!

I buy a powdered 'egg replacer' from health food store for lower cholesterol stuff and I always have nutella on hand. This recipe is great as I think I'd have the ingredients on hand 24/7 :D

Can't wait to try it!

Lo,

stinkmeaner

Now I know the secret to women "Nutella" I find it ironic that this thread has attracted all of our regular female posters.

stinkmeaner,
Top Bottom