Gear NugSmasher vs Dabpress

buzzy funny

I think its more important to learn your process than it is the equipment that you use to achieve it.
Both are quality pieces of equipment.

Im a DP fan personally. But then again, I am lazy and not as efficient as I could/should be.
And this has absolutely ZERO of what I use for my squishes. I just committed to DP when I jumped.
Point well taken. Just looking to make an investment I won't regret.

buzzy funny,
Reactions: Okla68

buzzy funny

I think its more important to learn your process than it is the equipment that you use to achieve it.
Both are quality pieces of equipment.

Im a DP fan personally. But then again, I am lazy and not as efficient as I could/should be.
And this has absolutely ZERO of what I use for my squishes. I just committed to DP when I jumped.
Double post. Please delete.

Last edited:
buzzy funny,
Reactions: Okla68

ApparentlyStoned

When life gives you lemons, lemon tek
I’m also wondering about 4/20 deals.
I thinking I’ve settled on a Dabpress 6 Ton.
Should I just wait? Is there a better option than the 6 ton in that price range?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
fwiw, I believe that's on sale for ~$365 with their current website discount...has anyone ever bought one cheaper? Hopefully folks will chime in.
There was a great deal around black Friday for like $70 off on Amazon for the 4 ton dabpress.

Although today in dabpress's website they have a deep discount on refurbished ones:

Zow237

Love my dab press. Ive had 2 of them over the last 6 years. Great presses. Got rid of the first one because i wasnt pressing anymore. Then when I started growing my own this was a necessity

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
The Nugsmasher XP I have been using is a good machine, they replaced the one I was originally using with plates that kept falling out of place (it looked like a sideways V it was so out of balance) with a new machine which arrived a few weeks ago and I only got a chance to use it recently. Its amazing the difference when the plates are balanced and stable.

VapingYogi,
Reactions: LesPlenty

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
DP10-ton has been a powerhouse and without fail since acquisition in 2018. It is perfect for home use and leaves me wanting nothing more.

@VapingYogi I don't even know what you mean by describing plates as balanced and stable, can you explain? Are they not seated tightly to your machine and could you not simply wrench and tighten them down? Are they not outputting and maintaining your selected temperatures? Sounds like quality control issue.

The DP equipment just works, no fuss about it. It is nice to know NugSmasher has nice warranty support.
I would also expect top-of-class support from DP, though I admit I have never had to use them, outside of the support found in this forum.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
DP10-ton has been a powerhouse and without fail since acquisition in 2018. It is perfect for home use and leaves me wanting nothing more.

@VapingYogi I don't even know what you mean by describing plates as balanced and stable, can you explain? Are they not seated tightly to your machine and could you not simply wrench and tighten them down? Are they not outputting and maintaining your selected temperatures? Sounds like quality control issue.

The DP equipment just works, no fuss about it. It is nice to know NugSmasher has nice warranty support.
I would also expect top-of-class support from DP, though I admit I have never had to use them, outside of the support found in this forum.
the machine I had been using, the plates were loose, every time you would release the pressure there would be a loud noise and the plates would twist both in a circle horizontally and also the balance would go funny.

Madtater

I’m also wondering about 4/20 deals.
I thinking I’ve settled on a Dabpress 6 Ton.
Should I just wait? Is there a better option than the 6 ton in that price range?

Just got a brand new 6T dabpress. Did my very first press today.

Bit of s learning curve. Fucked up the first 1/4 i did (over cooked it) of strawberry banana lemon. Tastes burnt.

But did a 1/2 of grandaddy purp and a 1/2 of GMO Rootbeer….both of those came out fantastic.

I can see the appeal of the 10T with the separate hydraulic jack/dial combo. The learning curve probably isnt as steep as the 6T/no dial.

I am glad i got the 6T. Something satisfying about having to learn the feel of the press instead of watching a dial.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
the machine I had been using, the plates were loose, every time you would release the pressure there would be a loud noise and the plates would twist both in a circle horizontally and also the balance would go funny.

Ah, I see, thank you for explaining! I would also be bothered with that setup, a shame there was no way to manually adjust.

@Madtater you will get it down in no time! Congrats! I do check my gauge to know when I am at the limit but really don't reference it often during the squish. You will find the groove and timing, and gold will flow. FWIW- I stay away from banana flavor strains for what you describe. I don't really like banana, but find it very easily "burnt" even at temps that are fine with other concentrates.

Honsou

Not trying to hijack the thread but I didn't want to start something new when it's probably been asked before. I've ben I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join the rosin pressing club and I'm about to pull the trigger and get my first rosin press. I have been growing my own medicine for 14 years now so this won't be a passing fad and I would prefer to get a press and not want to upgrade in like 6 months (like I did with my 3d printers, airbrushes, etc.) so if I need to spend some cash I'm ok to do that (just only want to spend what is necessary but don't want to be left wanting either). The press I really wanted is the Dabpress 10 ton or 12 ton with the gauge but that's not available in Canada so I've fallen back to these three. I'm currently planning on pressing flower rosin but I'm thinking about trying to do some bubble or dry sift hash when I harvest later this year. I've also seen some thca isolations done and I'm very intrigued to say the least and I'm not sure how that would go without the gauge and would love to hear some opinions from more experienced people in this scene.

Nugsmasher XP
Pros - biggest plates can do 28g/press, biggest tonnage, a gauge & calculator to get accurate material psi & lifetime warranty
Cons - is like triple the price coming in at $1800 CAD, I've also heard they can be a bit difficult with the warranty.

Dabpress 6 Ton
Pros - decent sized plates, solid 6 tons of pressure, hard only great things about the company, easy to fix if you do get problems after warranty period
Cons - no gauge, only 1 year warranty, can't find a many tutorials out there as I can with others brands

Nugsmasher Mini
Pros - lifetime warranty, pretty portable, an lots of videos & good reviews
Cons - smallest plates by far they say only 3.5 g/press (but I've heard you can do 7 pretty well), only 2 ton jack and no gauge.

Super appreciative of anyone's advice, can't wait to become a more seasoned vet and actually be able to contribute in the future.

Cheers

LesPlenty

Company Rep
$1800 is a lot, CH type of money, these are the real posh presses,
But you have to spend a kidney to get their BVA (ducks guts in hydraulics) pump w/ gauge versions,

If I was going to get another press it would be another 10t Dabpress (or even a 12t now they have them)...worth the wait/hassle of chasing one down as I have pressed from a single nug up to 50g at once (2x25g bottle tech pucks)...10g bottle tech is my sweet spot for easy handling and no bag blow-outs.:tup:

Honsou

$1800 is a lot, CH type of money, these are the real posh presses,
But you have to spend a kidney to get their BVA (ducks guts in hydraulics) pump w/ gauge versions,

If I was going to get another press it would be another 10t Dabpress (or even a 12t now they have them)...worth the wait/hassle of chasing one down as I have pressed from a single nug up to 50g at once (2x25g bottle tech pucks)...10g bottle tech is my sweet spot for easy handling and no bag blow-outs.:tup:
Those look awesome but that's $1500 USD + $160 USD shipping + the inevitable border duty so were looking at $1660 USD + $75 - $150 at the border that's like $2375 - $2475 in my Canuck (🇨🇦) cash so those are above what I can spend & they don't take credit cards for rosin presses only wire transfers. Also if I'm spending in the upper levels of my budget I'd like a gauge... but thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately being in Canada can be limiting at times.

🍻

LesPlenty

Company Rep
unfortunately being in Canada can be limiting at times.
I am in Australia so understand your problem for sure...I was just looking and found Dabpress 10t are in stock,
Edit....US shipping only:mad:

Honsou

I am in Australia so understand your problem for sure...I was just looking and found Dabpress 10t are in stock,
Edit....US shipping only:mad:
I did that at first as well, then u emailed them to make sure ... super nice folks but they said it's a no go on Canada & I'm on an island so I can't just drive across and pick one up unfortunately

CANtalk

That could work but I'm not the most savvy when it comes to being a consumer so I'd prefer to purchase from someone directly... lord chance I screw things up lol
Sorry to hear that. I'm in Canada & have played the border game for years in many hobbies & ways (from reshippers to driving down, private sales, friends & so forth)... it's worth the effort & not very intensive. I've pursued all those options to get full access to the US goods market & it's saved huge money. Check it out & read up, Google US Canada reship & see all options, ins & outs. Like @LesPlenty linked, that type of reship option is pretty helpful, basic & hands off. You'll still be purchasing direct. If I may, don't let a line on a map impede you.

:peace: :leaf:

Honsou

Sorry to hear that. I'm in Canada & have played the border game for years in many hobbies & ways (from reshippers to driving down, private sales, friends & so forth)... it's worth the effort & not very intensive. I've pursued all those options to get full access to the US goods market & it's saved huge money. Check it out & read up, Google US Canada reship & see all options, ins & outs. Like @LesPlenty linked, that type of reship option is pretty helpful, basic & hands off. You'll still be purchasing direct. If I may, don't let a line on a map impede you.

:peace: :leaf:
That's really cool too hear, tbh I had never even heard of reshippers until this post... i'd drive down but being on Vancouver Island & $100 each way for a car on the ferry. I'll look at the reshipper again (let's be honest I'll ask my wife or one of my teenage kids lol) but if that doesn't work what is my better option, the 6 ton Dabpress @ $550ish CAD or the Nugsmasher XP at $1800 CAD keeping in mind I want to start pressing flower then give bubble hash a try later in the year when I harvest & maybe try doing THCA incorporate at some point? I'm leaning the Dabpress but my wife really likes seeing a lifetime warranty & knowing I won't want an upgrade (or be afraid to ask for one at least lol) if I just get the one with a gauge.

Just want to say a huge thank you to everyone for the assistance it's been amazing as no one I know has or had had a press before.

Honsou,
Reactions: CANtalk

LesPlenty

Company Rep
the 6 ton Dabpress @ $550ish CAD
I won't want an upgrade
I would get the 10t with the gauge and separate pump I posted above, buy once, cry once as the saying goes.:2c:

Top Bottom