NOVA, Noisy Cricket, DC-Elev8r (Poll)

Which of the 3 is best through a water pipe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Finessseee

Anyone own any of these? I know the DC-Elev8r is most popular of the three. All require butane, all similarly priced. Anyone have experience and can give me a rundown between the three? I’ll solely be using this connected to a bong!

Finessseee,

coolbreeze

Not sure if you've decided yet, but I have the torch elev8r and the Noisy Cricket. The torch elev8r is awesome and I recommend it highly--unless it's your only piece. It can serve for daily use, but it shines as a heavy, it's a bit more breakable, and it requires a big torch. Still, you don't inhale fumes with it (if that's a concern), and the flavor is about as good as you're gonna get. Also, it hits hard.

The Noisy Cricket is a wonderful piece that just works so nicely. Its technique is straightforward, the bowl is large, it roasts evenly, good taste and huge clouds, you can sip or roast. You can use it as a hand pipe with a stem he includes.. Best of all, it's shorter than most other torch vapes so it's usually closer to your line-of-sight and thus easier to torch on smaller glass pieces.

I happily recommend both but go with the cricket if it's going to be your one and only. It might be more versatile with less technique, more durable. It's also an art piece. If you plan on expanding or you need a heavy, the elev8r punches so far above its weight class it ain't funny.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Noisy cricket my only torch vape (I use ih on DV) and I love it. Not my most used but always smile when I break it out so pretty and small with a massive hit!

Chicken No Name,
Reactions: coolbreeze

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The “Sapphire Supreme” aka SCVW is where it’s at. You can build your own for about $30 bugs.

coolbreeze

The “Sapphire Supreme” aka SCVW is where it’s at. You can build your own for about $30 bugs.

Oooh. Looking into that!

coolbreeze

Ok, so I was a little high at the time, but reading through this all I could see was a little wooden artisan stand for this where you lay it in a trough with wheels at one end that will slowly turn it while an alcohol lamp slowly heats the other end. You could attach a magnifying mirror behind the flame end (or a magnifying glass in front of the flame end) so you can see from a distance that the rubies have darkened.

Top Bottom