Noobie needing guidance - be gentle!

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
It has that 401F (smoke greater than or equal to vapour) = toxic on it.

The guide below seems to stop at 388F with then a huge gap with combustion @ 451F

The commonly used temps guide below that (assuming EEB = weed), is showing as low as 302F and everything well under 390F.

There is certainly a lot of mixed views regarding temps for sure, and as a noobie, it's a bit of a mine field and would also seem a question that upsets some people?

I guess it's a personal thing and each to their own, but it concerns me that all info I found so far seems to show 400F+ starts to release toxins, even if it isn't quite on fire yet?

Edit: Incidentally on a side note, do you know what part of the chemical compound treats Glaucoma, as it isn't shown on any list I have found.

Sorry to go Off Topic, but since it was brought up, I'd like to share the following...

List of Cannabinoids, Terpenes and Flavonoids, their Properties and Boiling points. *Note* Boiling Points are higher than Vaporization Points * (Which may be the confusion with temperatures regarding combustion)

Cannabis' Ant-Inflammatory properties in general are that of which that helps treat the symptoms related to Glaucoma.

Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) Boiling point: 157C / 315 degree Fahrenheit ( Merck 200C @0.02). Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD) Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN) Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC) Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

cannabigerol (CBG) Boiling point: MP52 Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

Delta 8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Delta -8-THC) Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Resembles Delta -9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties

ß-myrcene Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

ß-caryophyllene Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial

d-limonene Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

linalool Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

pulegone Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Memory booster, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

1,8-cineole (eucalyptol) Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive

a-pinene Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor

a-terpineol Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial

terpineol-4-ol Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic

p-cymene Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor

Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties

apigenin Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic

quercetin Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic

cannflavin A Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor

ß-sitosterol Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-a-reductase, inhibitor

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Thanks, appreciate all the feedback.

I used to smoke in the house, until the wife became pregnant, this is the main driving force for me giving up smoking and what has led me onto vaping.

I am not trying to hide anything from the wife, and if you have a good relationship, you don't need to ;-)

Plus, there is no disguising the smell of skunk! I actually took my Titan with me down the pool hall on Friday. When the missus came to pick me and my mate up, I had already turned it on and it was heating up in my pocket as we all got into the car.

Immediately my mate went 'WTH - that stinks' , which the missus confirmed. So anyone who thinks you can vape weed and be stealthy, forget it, to non-tokers, weed stinks before you even heat it up!

However, it seems vaping isn't polluting the atmosphere or contaminating my music room, but I am still concerned about 'passive vaping', is this a thing?

I want portable, not just so I can take it about on occasion, but because I want something that is discrete at home, easy to grab, use, put down again.

In the end I've opted for a DaVinci Ascent, as it gives me a glass pathway and temperature control, which are important to me.

Top Bottom