Non -W9 wax dabbing options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrNick420

They have a new product every month and people seem to get treated lie beta testers. somt people cool with that, some areant.

i had a herc and just had problem after problem so im very hesitant to go back to w9 where they're not sure how they're getting all their products to wrok togethr.

What is a desktop vape for oil only? thats is set ia nd forget it?

obviousyl enail but.... lookin for other options here.

Is it enail or bust?

DrNick420,

Farid

I really dislike W9 for marketing their product as rebuildable. They are really impossible to rebuild, and the rebuild kit they sold me didn't have the same type of wire that they have in their attys.

I think the best option is to get a temp controlled E cig, an RDA, and to make some basic coils with wire and ceramic. Its a lot easier than it sounds, and since RDAs are designed to be rebuilt, changing out coils is as easy as removing some screws, compared to the W9 attys where you have to have the hands of an underage Chinese factory worker to get the thing together.

Farid,

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
They have a new product every month and people seem to get treated lie beta testers. somt people cool with that, some areant.

i had a herc and just had problem after problem so im very hesitant to go back to w9 where they're not sure how they're getting all their products to wrok togethr.

What is a desktop vape for oil only? thats is set ia nd forget it?

obviousyl enail but.... lookin for other options here.

Is it enail or bust?

If you are still looking for a portable option, try checking out the Divine Tribe atomizers that work on most Temp Controlled mod battery boxes.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/divine-tribe-attys.14455/

I used to own a Persei, and a bunch of cartridges or atomizers, but once I found Divine Tribe - it was checkmate for W9.

Matt knows what he is doing and is very good with customer service.

Last edited:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Enail with a Liger and SiC dish is #1, hands down at home. The Evo hit's nice for dabs but I wouldn't spend that much unless I wanted to vape flowers out of it.
If you want a portable solution, I second the Divine tribe atty with a VTC Mini 75w TC mod. I also use a 510 henail with the same battery that is a good alternative and gives bigger hits than the DT but less battery life. Some of the yocan stuff hit HARD if that's what you want, but I prefer the lower temps of the ceramic donut.

And if you want to be completely ridiculous like me you can have a complete travel enail setup with 110v power bank like in the last pic :rofl:

supreme home setup

37C94972-F402-4CE9-AB3D-4EA2CC43E719_zps3dhmt3m8.jpg

510 Henail on VTC
303BE1BD-9CF3-45DC-B538-7DBEFE382D52_zpsgbp8ezf2.jpg

DT on VTC
2BC25885-F15A-40E0-923B-433BA31E89BB_zpsaikllzpm.jpg

to-go -dab setup
01BAA6FF-1143-4070-B7E2-0870DE327D96_zpsmo5wslle.jpg

Heavy hitter pen Yocan NYX
D486B7DA-252D-4BFD-9D61-08BEA11FD140_zpsz2onxmho.jpg

Camping setup!!

F65474D7-9D68-44AB-80DE-54641FEA8556.jpg

DrNick420

@mrbonsai420

Im not quoting becaues you posted lots of pics.

But you seem to have my ideal setup figured.

I have a decent 510 mod.....

What do you think hits heaviest of all those? id rather have a heavy hitter than a smooth hiter/something glass built in.

I really dislike W9 for marketing their product as rebuildable. They are really impossible to rebuild, and the rebuild kit they sold me didn't have the same type of wire that they have in their attys.

I think the best option is to get a temp controlled E cig, an RDA, and to make some basic coils with wire and ceramic. Its a lot easier than it sounds, and since RDAs are designed to be rebuilt, changing out coils is as easy as removing some screws, compared to the W9 attys where you have to have the hands of an underage Chinese factory worker to get the thing together.

i couldnt have it said better bro.
Every rebuild ended worst than the last then required an RMA to start over...

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I've nothing but success with my W9 atty's........never rebuild them though, I simply toss them when they burn out.

What is that 510 Henail, and is it safe? That looks sick.....was looking into a "portable dab rig" setup, but I was a bit put off by the reports of the materials being unsafe on so many of the products.....just have never heard of it before, looks right up my alley!

I second an enail is the way to go for the best, but you are looking for a portable setup, so that isn't really in the options. That said, I'd like to try one of those SiC dishes........D-nail's been out of stock forever and I don't really need it quite yet, but that's the next thing on my list. The Sapphire insert on my TI head though is pretty damn heavenly and I need to use like droplets of dabs, much more efficient than my old rig, especially now that I have a proper carb cap for the Sapphire/TI combo.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I'd be willing to settle for anyting that's quartz.

You can get cheap Quartz dishes from China or for $100 from D-nail. If you're looking to use an enail set up.

They have Quartz atomizers for some pens but the ones I used personally wasn't a fan of.

A cheaper option would be to snag yourself a butane torch ($20-30) and then a Quartz banger from a local headshop or China or something. Bangers tend to not run that much, less you're getting that one brand....name escapes me but their bangers are like 100-150 easy.

I don't use my torch setup all that much but when I do I always go for the Quartz bangers and they are my favorite way to torch dab.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I've nothing but success with my W9 atty's........never rebuild them though, I simply toss them when they burn out.

What is that 510 Henail, and is it safe? That looks sick.....was looking into a "portable dab rig" setup, but I was a bit put off by the reports of the materials being unsafe on so many of the products.....just have never heard of it before, looks right up my alley!

I second an enail is the way to go for the best, but you are looking for a portable setup, so that isn't really in the options. That said, I'd like to try one of those SiC dishes........D-nail's been out of stock forever and I don't really need it quite yet, but that's the next thing on my list. The Sapphire insert on my TI head though is pretty damn heavenly and I need to use like droplets of dabs, much more efficient than my old rig, especially now that I have a proper carb cap for the Sapphire/TI combo.

The first gen Henails had PTFE that would melt if heated over and over. The newer versions have an all ceramic top and are 100% safe.Plus they have improved the glass, the first ones were hit or miss. The Henail has a quartz nail option too but it takes a little longer to heat. The new nails screw into the ceramic top and have Ti, Ceramic, and quartz options. The old ones were PTFE tops and were Ti only. I still have a couple of older PTFE Henails that have the built in battery and they work fine as long as you don't heat them 20 times in a row. I haven't melted any of my first gen ones and with the newer ones it's impossible.
The henails do hit harder than the DT attys but if I were going to pick one portable I would go with the DT 2.7 donut atty with the shallow cup and a TC mod.
That being said if you already have a mod BOTH are pretty cheap. I like to try everything and have multiple options on hand at all times. a DT donut is only $15 and a Henail is only around $45 I think.

And why wait for the D-nail stuff, the CCA Liger is better anyway IMO. I never even use my quartz halo when the Liger is available! it is awesome and the Sic inserts are in stock. And the Storm cell carb cap is so much better than the "hard to find" dnail one.

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
The first gen Henails had PTFE that would melt if heated over and over. The newer versions have an all ceramic top and are 100% safe.Plus they have improved the glass, the first ones were hit or miss. The Henail has a quartz nail option too but it takes a little longer to heat. The new nails screw into the ceramic top and have Ti, Ceramic, and quartz options. The old ones were PTFE tops and were Ti only. I still have a couple of older PTFE Henails that have the built in battery and they work fine as long as you don't heat them 20 times in a row. I haven't melted any of my first gen ones and with the newer ones it's impossible.
The henails do hit harder than the DT attys but if I were going to pick one portable I would go with the DT 2.7 donut atty with the shallow cup and a TC mod.
That being said if you already have a mod BOTH are pretty cheap. I like to try everything and have multiple options on hand at all times. a DT donut is only $15 and a Henail is only around $45 I think.

And why wait for the D-nail stuff, the CCA Liger is better anyway IMO. I never even use my quartz halo when the Liger is available! it is awesome and the Sic inserts are in stock. And the Storm cell carb cap is so much better than the "hard to find" dnail one.

Thank you for the info :) much appreciated and super helpful!

As for why I use D-nail, I have a cheap PID Chinese controller I use, that came with a flat coil, and it has a wonky pin setup, it's not XTAR, so really my only upgrade options available were other chinese nails (i was trying to avoid those) or the HALO series from D-nail, since they pair with a flat coil which fits in my wonky pin setup. I actually can't comment on the "hard to find" carb cap....I'm aware it was out of stock for awhile and a real PiTA to get, but guess I lucked out because it was in stock and super easy to buy once i got my setup :D It's fucking nice too lol it fully caps anything I have including my bangers

Don't get me wrong, I really want to try a Liger. But I need to upgrade to an Auber setup because they will have easy coils to pair with it......I've had a bitch of a time finding any other coils that have the same pin setup as mine....it's simply on my backburner tho since I do have a working enail setup. Trust me, I was really looking hard at the Ligers and was super miffed when I realized I couldn't really use them with the setup because I dig their inserts, at least in theory, because I've never tried one....sounds like they rock though :)

Appreciate the knowledge and insght! Think I may snag one of them Henails sometime soon.....I was highly looking at the Dr. Dabber boost with the ceramic top but was told that it really wasn't worth it from the guy selling me it, so I took that opinion really highly since it was no skin off his bones! Maybe some of them DT attys too....was looking over the site earlier and I really dig their setups, specifically their splash guard cap lol.....VAS is real!

Edit: By the way, you fuckers inspired me to bust out the enail :) had it packed away during a move, lets see how it goes!!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thank you for the info :) much appreciated and super helpful!

As for why I use D-nail, I have a cheap PID Chinese controller I use, that came with a flat coil, and it has a wonky pin setup, it's not XTAR, so really my only upgrade options available were other chinese nails (i was trying to avoid those) or the HALO series from D-nail, since they pair with a flat coil which fits in my wonky pin setup. I actually can't comment on the "hard to find" carb cap....I'm aware it was out of stock for awhile and a real PiTA to get, but guess I lucked out because it was in stock and super easy to buy once i got my setup :D It's fucking nice too lol it fully caps anything I have including my bangers

Don't get me wrong, I really want to try a Liger. But I need to upgrade to an Auber setup because they will have easy coils to pair with it......I've had a bitch of a time finding any other coils that have the same pin setup as mine....it's simply on my backburner tho since I do have a working enail setup. Trust me, I was really looking hard at the Ligers and was super miffed when I realized I couldn't really use them with the setup because I dig their inserts, at least in theory, because I've never tried one....sounds like they rock though :)

Appreciate the knowledge and insght! Think I may snag one of them Henails sometime soon.....I was highly looking at the Dr. Dabber boost with the ceramic top but was told that it really wasn't worth it from the guy selling me it, so I took that opinion really highly since it was no skin off his bones! Maybe some of them DT attys too....was looking over the site earlier and I really dig their setups, specifically their splash guard cap lol.....VAS is real!

Edit: By the way, you fuckers inspired me to bust out the enail :) had it packed away during a move, lets see how it goes!!

I have plenty of coils of every size, I bet I could re-wire one of my 16 or 20mm barrell coils to fit your PiD. Is your controller at least standard 5 pin? If so maybe I could hook you up and make you a working coil? Just some insider info, There will be a flat coil version of the Liger coming out in the next few months as well. But I LOVE my 20mm liger and couldn't live without it.
And if you ever decide to upgrade, My enails are from G9 (Greenlight) and are the same standard configuration as the Auber and others. If you get another one you can resell your old one on the classifieds I'm sure. I suggest the Omron E5cc PiD models if you decide to upgrade, they rival the D-nail controllers in heat up time and accuracy.

And if you want to upgrade your battery mod I decided on this one after a lot of research. All the guys on the Divine Tribe thread will point you to this one (VTC Mini VTwo 75w) or the Eleaf Pico. I prefer the upgraded features of the VTC for a few bucks more.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3032/10015540/4871200

And these batteries are a good mix of discharge rate vs. capacity with 3000mah at 20a discharge is solid for $6. Grab one to go in the VTC above and your all set!

http://www.illumn.com/batteries-cha...-18650g2-3000mah-high-discharge-flat-top.html

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I have plenty of coils of every size, I bet I could re-wire one of my 16 or 20mm barrell coils to fit your PiD. Is your controller at least standard 5 pin? If so maybe I could hook you up and make you a working coil? Just some insider info, There will be a flat coil version of the Liger coming out in the next few months as well. But I LOVE my 20mm liger and couldn't live without it.
And if you ever decide to upgrade, My enails are from G9 (Greenlight) and are the same standard configuration as the Auber and others. If you get another one you can resell your old one on the classifieds I'm sure. I suggest the Omron E5cc PiD models if you decide to upgrade, they rival the D-nail controllers in heat up time and accuracy.

And if you want to upgrade your battery mod I decided on this one after a lot of research. All the guys on the Divine Tribe thread will point you to this one (VTC Mini VTwo 75w) or the Eleaf Pico. I prefer the upgraded features of the VTC for a few bucks more.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3032/10015540/4871200

And these batteries are a good mix of discharge rate vs. capacity with 3000mah at 20a discharge is solid for $6. Grab one to go in the VTC above and your all set!

http://www.illumn.com/batteries-cha...-18650g2-3000mah-high-discharge-flat-top.html

Appreciate all the info! The G9 site is not working great for me right now though :( hard to check anything out other than the HEnails, which I think I'd prefer a 510nail + VTC

I appreciate the offer about the coil, but I think I'm SoL? It's a 5 pin, but I don't believe it's the standard?

I have a VapeCode enail and this is how the front of it looks:
rBVaHVVB4liAHeuUAAPf5fzBZTg865.jpg

Which, if what I've read is to believe, isn't really the standard......seems like the D-nail/Auber/etc use XLR pin setup?

Pin-Wire-02.jpg

HellsWindStaff,

DrNick420

Update: I did not realize this thread was still active. Glad to see it still is. since starting this thread I got a Divine Tribe 2.7 and eleaf 40w bundle and love it. Love love love it. Even my quave is seeing less use. I was hoping it would be nice for portable use but did not expect it to be as good as it was.

DrNick420,
Reactions: friedrich
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom