Nicotine in vaporized tobacco

Piruz

So first of all I know I've been going on about this for a while now but I've had one experience which might have discouraged me from ditching combustion (tobacco) in favor of vaporization (my only serious hope of quitting smoking!). I tried a friend's vaporization device (IQOS) where the nicotine was barely felt. The funny thing is that most people I know here say that vaporizing tobacco is a lot more potent than smoking it (nicotine wise), so I'm a bit confused. This is despite the fact that IQOS produces more vapor than loose leaf devices seeing as the tobacco is soaked in VG and PG.

How many of you have both smoked and vaporized tobacco and found that vaporizing the same leaf produced more of the active substance (nicotine) than combusting did despite the amount of vapor being significantly less when vaporized?

Piruz,

Farid

IQOS is not regular cigarette tobacco. It's a heavily engineered tobacco based matrix designed specifically for vaporization in their specific device.

For this reason the nicotine content is not equivalent to what is present in regular cigarette tobacco.

If you're worried about the nicotine content being too low you can try using something strong like Virginia pipe tobacco or maybe a shag tobacco like Bali Shag or Peter Stokkbye's Amsterdam Shag.

Farid,

Piruz

Hey Farid!

Yeah I need to try vaporizing these shags in loose vaporization devices. You've both smoked and vaporized these shags (or any other tobacco) and found that vaporizing is more potent nicotine wise? I remember you say you've smoked and vaporized Dokha and that smoking it was less intense than vaporizing it!

Piruz,

Farid

Dokha is different because it doesn't vaporize easily.

But cigarette or pipe tobacco does.

If you compare a single hit, the nicotine is stronger in vapor. But it's still vapor - smoke may feel more "satisfying". This is because it's what you're familiar with and because it makes your lungs feel more "full" since smoke is more saturated with particles.

Farid,

Piruz

I see your point. I'll definitely look into the stronger, bolder pipe tobacco blends as I use to be a pipe smoker (still indulge the habit every now and then) so I know a lot about strong pipe blends (unfortunatly, they are not easy to pack and need lots of preperation). I'm new to roll ups (trying to quit Dokha) so I don't know what to look for in terms of nicotine strength although I understand that shags are super easy to pack.

Are Bali Shag and Peter Stokkbye's Amsterdam Shag the strongest shags/rolling tobaccos out there? What about American Spirit?

Piruz,

Farid

AS black is really strong. But I don't love the quality of their RYO compared with other brands.

Farid,

Farid

Sorry, I meant American Spirit black. Forgot Amsterdam shag has the same abbreviation

Farid,

Piruz

So would you say Bali Shag and Peter Stokkbye's Amsterdam Shag are stronger than drug store RYOs like Amber Leaf and Marlboro Gold?

Piruz,

Farid

I haven't tried those. Honestly your beat bet is to just try vaping a variety. Some will suck. Some you may enjoy.

Farid,
Reactions: Piruz

Piruz

Finally had the courage to order a DynaVap B. Should be here tomorrow. Getting ready to hang myself if this doesn't work 😭

Piruz,
Top Bottom