next vape

Behaviorist

Hi,

I have an E-Nano and Lotus, but am interested in adding a third vape. I had previously had an Extreme Q, however I feel there were some things about it I questioned, so it was retired.

I'm looking for a plug in as I'm mostly home. I'm also looking for big clouds because at certain times I enjoy them. Im thinking its probably between an Ssv and Cloud Evo as they both have good oil options as well.

I recognize there differences completely. I like the both. The Ssv is cheaper. Any thoughts?

Behaviorist,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Personally, I have (and love) both of those vapes, and I think I've already made the decision on my next desktop vape - the LSV. Though in reality I think I'm going to experiment with more portable vapes and try to get away from desktops all together

Behaviorist

I thought that, but it looks to cumbersome. Literally like you would pull your neck looking at someone. It does solve my issues with the enano though (I have more lung that it can deliver and dry hits are to warm. Does the lsv have an oil option? Or is it more cotton :(

Behaviorist,

jim-bob

I've never tried an SSV (sorry, i just haven't ever seen one in real life) but I'm very very very very happy with my Evo for the big ol' hits. You might also want to check out the vriptech heat wand and their bowl/adapter - that thing hits like a truck and tastes great too.

jim-bob,

Behaviorist

I have been leaning toward the Ssv due to price, but would spend the extra if the difference was dramatic.

Behaviorist,

max

Out to lunch
I've used both, a lot. I prefer the EVO but I got it at a great price during the Indiegogo campaign. If $ is a factor, not sure I'd recommend it over the SSV, but it does depend on which features/factors are important to you. Since the EVO is designed to be used with glass, it's considerably smoother and much more predictable, hit wise, than the SSV (with standard connection, which I do recommend). The EVO also evens out the taste very well over the course of a bowl, I'd say better than any other vape I've used. Value wise, it's hard to beat the SSV if you stay 'plain jane' and don't go for the fancy stuff that can really drive the price up. I haven't turned on my SSV since buying the EVO though, and no other big hitter has tempted me, so I'd have to give a big thumbs up. The LSV is similar to the EVO since it uses glass, but the EVO is much less caring of how hard you hit it, while the LSV's heater, like the SSV, can be overcome with a really big hit, and drop your temp.

would spend the extra if the difference was dramatic.
The difference is dramatic in that EVO hits, with water, are always smoother and more predictable than the SSV. Unless you load big, hit big, and jack up the temp on the first hit with the EVO, the hits are always manageable for volume and heat, while SSV hits can sometimes sneak up on you and make your eyes water and your lungs quickly expel the vapor. If you want to save $ and still get predictable (but still large) hits, go for the DBV instead.

max,

lwien

LOVE my tasty cloud producing glass air and vapor path LSV mated to my bubbler.

The LSV is similar to the EVO since it uses glass, but the EVO is much less caring of how hard you hit it, while the LSV's heater, like the SSV, can be overcome with a really big hit, and drop your temp.

Man, I have NEVER had an issue of noticing a temp drop with my LSV. My lungs fill up with massive amounts of vapor causing my eyes to bug out of my head while never noticing any temp drop. Now that's not to say that there isn't a temp drop but with the totally unrestrictive air flow of the LSV, it's not something that has ever manifested itself where it became noticeable in the least.

It could become noticeable, I'd imagine, in quick back to back hits in a party situation.

Last edited:

Behaviorist

Thanks for the replies it helps a lot!

Max, how cumbersome is the Evo on small pieces like j hooks and a d020?

And for the Ssv you reccomend standard not ground any special reason? I've been back and fourth.

Considering I have efficiency from my two vapes. Which one requires less stirring and takes a chunky pack best?
Not that I don't appreciate efficiency, but pack, stir, repack, almost every hit is driving me nuts lately. More so with others.

Also, Ssv users how is the Ssv through water? I though my eq was better than the nano, although I'm sure a lot would disagree. I got monsters with 2 eq adaptors. Fired the pack down fast though.

Last edited:

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Thanks for the replies it helps a lot!

And for the Ssv you reccomend standard not ground any special reason? I've been back and fourth.

Considering I have efficiency from my two vapes. Which one requires less stirring and takes a chunky pack best?
Not that I don't appreciate efficiency, but pack, stir, repack, almost every hit is driving me nuts lately. More so with others.

Also, Ssv users how is the Ssv through water? I though my eq was better than the nano, although I'm sure a lot would disagree. I got monsters with 2 eq adaptors. Fired the pack down fast though.

Cant comment on the cloud but ssv defo likes to be stirred .. i enjoy it .. like a ritual. Ssv is great through water if you dont mind whip into bubbler scenario. However i havnt used an e nano but isnt it essentially very similar design to both ssv and lsv .. its just a soldering iron with a dimmer switch?

Dont get me wrong i love the ssv and the e nano surely is popular but i think these vapes are way overpriced for what thay are. The technology is super simple. I guess simpler is normally better!

Edit .. if you really dont want to stir then check the mighty out. Also overpriced imo but defo delivers

VapourHaze,

Behaviorist

I agree that the prices are outrageous, but there's not much way to get around it.

It does seem like the Evo has the latest technology as far as heater core goes.

I think what kills me with my vapes is that every now an then I'll get an "oh my" type hit, but then can never repeat it. If I could find a vape that hit that hard every time I would be happy.

Behaviorist,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Well all i can say is the most consistent heavy hitter i have is the mighty, it is a herb hog though! I know you wanted a desktop but mighty is consistent and needs no stirring. And you can take it anywhere? There are plenty of other great options out there, i personally wouldn't bother with ssv or lsv if you have a nano .. but ive only used an ssv .. not used a nano or lsv. My 2p

VapourHaze,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<

The standard has a much smaller output hole (smaller than the nanos), so it works like a nozzle. It will produce a thicker vapor/air ratio at lower heat settings, so the vapor is thicker yet less hot.

I'm a huge fan of the SSV's standard HC, it works with just about any whip/wand out there if needed. Because of the small output hole, you can direct the heat around the bowl and penetrate the load deeply. The SSV offers twice the wattage of the nano, so it has plenty of power to spare.

I recommend the SSV, or better yet the LSV + SSV HC, :evil:.

max

Out to lunch
I've used the 20, and although it's a little small for my taste, it works fine. I consider that one to be a better mate for a smaller vape with more of a restricted draw, just from the standpoint of water turbulence.
And for the Ssv you reccomend standard not ground any special reason?
I think the standard connection on the SSV makes it unique. The user determines the hit size, by how much you move/rotate the wand, exposing more of the herb in the bowl to the narrow stream of hot air. If you want glass on glass and more predictable hits, get the DBV. I don't know if you can beat the SSV, price wise, for hard hits, but it does depend on how much is loaded, how fresh the load is, what temp you're using, and how you move/rotate the wand on the heater cover. You're not always going to get the exact hit you're looking for, and sometimes those huge hits just end up being mostly wasted IMO, if you can't hold it long enough to process it.

Vapor King

I've used both, a lot. I prefer the EVO but I got it at a great price during the Indiegogo campaign. If $ is a factor, not sure I'd recommend it over the SSV, but it does depend on which features/factors are important to you. Since the EVO is designed to be used with glass, it's considerably smoother and much more predictable, hit wise, than the SSV (with standard connection, which I do recommend). The EVO also evens out the taste very well over the course of a bowl, I'd say better than any other vape I've used. Value wise, it's hard to beat the SSV if you stay 'plain jane' and don't go for the fancy stuff that can really drive the price up. I haven't turned on my SSV since buying the EVO though, and no other big hitter has tempted me, so I'd have to give a big thumbs up. The LSV is similar to the EVO since it uses glass, but the EVO is much less caring of how hard you hit it, while the LSV's heater, like the SSV, can be overcome with a really big hit, and drop your temp.

The difference is dramatic in that EVO hits, with water, are always smoother and more predictable than the SSV. Unless you load big, hit big, and jack up the temp on the first hit with the EVO, the hits are always manageable for volume and heat, while SSV hits can sometimes sneak up on you and make your eyes water and your lungs quickly expel the vapor. If you want to save $ and still get predictable (but still large) hits, go for the DBV instead.

Interesting comments.... I'm looking at an EVO but have a SSV and a DBV. I think the SSV is the cat's meow :clap: ( I would spend the extra $$ on the SSV over the DBV)

How do you compare the evo to the SSV via a water device?? I mainly use my SSV hooked up to water device and I'm thinking ( or afraid) that the EVO would perform close to the same....in the end wasting money that could be spent on different vape. :rockon:

UNBELIEVABLE!!! :ko:
I really can't imaging anything hitting harder than the SSV through water :hmm: ( but I' determined to find out.... :rofl:)

standard connection with hand free adapter all the way... I have both standard and ground glass.... once in awhile I put the ground glass on and quick change back once I realize the hits are better with the standard

Last edited:
Vapor King,
Reactions: steama

Vapor King

I haven't found anything yet, :D. With my SSV I can take rips so fat that I get dab sweats, only came that close once or twice with the Cloud+.

:rockon: YUP!!! It will buckle your knees at times.. There are many times I can't hit it and then walk across the room....gotta give it a sec :ko:

Have you seen my LSV/SSV mod and GonG?

Hmmmm....not sure??

LSV might be on the list instead of the Evo....7th floor has never let me down and it real short money

Vapor King,
Reactions: Tweak
Top Bottom