next generation e-nails?

BoogerMan

Yeah from d-nail. Not sure if it fits the new-vape nail though. We would have to email d-nail and ask for the dimensions. I'm out of funds right now so I don't want to bother them, but I may get that sapphire insert in the future if it fits one of my e-nails :D

PoopMachine

I know thats cool and all but Im doing the same thing with a $15.00 adapter. Not saying I wouldnt like to have one, I just dont see how they can justify the price for it. I mean that adapter they sell for $40.00, a coil is about $50.00 so thats a pretty damn big upcharge for that top nail. Im hoping theres some crazy machining going on to justify the price. I hope you'll post some better pictures when it comes in.

That being said, I have made an interesting discovery. What Im doing only works with the Happy Daddy nail. I tried the HE knockoff that came with The Terpz unit last night and it didnt do ANYTHING to the herb. It was completely green when I took it out. My theory there is that the HD nail has a longer airpath and the sublimation chamber helps heat the air up.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I know thats cool and all but Im doing the same thing with a $15.00 adapter. Not saying I wouldnt like to have one, I just dont see how they can justify the price for it. I mean that adapter they sell for $40.00, a coil is about $50.00 so thats a pretty damn big upcharge for that top nail. Im hoping theres some crazy machining going on to justify the price. I hope you'll post some better pictures when it comes in.

That being said, I have made an interesting discovery. What Im doing only works with the Happy Daddy nail. I tried the HE knockoff that came with The Terpz unit last night and it didnt do ANYTHING to the herb. It was completely green when I took it out. My theory there is that the HD nail has a longer airpath and the sublimation chamber helps heat the air up.
It's in! That's my video.:nod: I can take some better pics. Of the Ti head. The holes are rifled. That's where the swirl comes from. 8 rifled holes and the air path is about 3/4" long. The nail is pretty much solid.
The coil is 200w. This may become my preferred method even without the dab option. The flavor from first hit to last is amazing, probably due to the constant stirring.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
It may even be two pieces pressed together. That would make machining easier. Here's top and bottom. Obviously not seasoned quite yet. Yes it was expensive, but I have no regrets. I will ride it hard and report positives AND negatives.
PFJUPm8.jpg

ogL2856.jpg

420time

so i got my items from newvapes and they threw in a free key chain dabber. very satisfied with their customer service and freebie. first dab and it feels so much better then the cheap one i have...

with the tight fitting nail, a tiny dab goes alot further then i initially started using the enail set up. now i wish i had bought one of those dabbers on their site since after a couple of hits with the cap on it gets pretty hot. gets pretty hot without a glass dropdown.

Last edited:

PoopMachine

So, @DieHard, is the base that fits into the glass adapter a standard size or some weird thing they came up with?

Like, can a male joint fit in that thing?

Im gonna post my $25.00 solution tonight in the form of a video. I just have to get the lovely Mrs P to assist.

Last edited:

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
@PoopMachine
The male on the nail top fits the same into an 18mm joint. A 18mm male drops all the way into the herb chamber. I'll have to find my caliper, but I'm thinkng 22mm. Don't most go from 18mm tapered to 22mm?

PoopMachine

That sounds right.. Id have to measure as well. I wonder if I could modify an 18 to 18 male adapter to work with that bowl.

I tried a few other nails last night and the only nail I have that will vape flower in any configuration is the Happy Daddy nail. I dont know if its the longer air path, the fact that it has to go through the sublimation chamber or what but none of the other nails I have will even brown the herb. Right now Im using a Happy Daddy Genesis set up in female configuration. I have an 18 to 18 male adapter that one end goes into the piece. The other end, I put the top of an ELB into with herb in it. Put the Happy Daddy nail on top in female config.. and it doesnt have anything that comes out of it to get the heat closer like the InfiniTI or any of those that use a threaded dowel as the center piece.. and it will cache the whole load out in 2 hits tops. Very even roasting as well.

After seeing this, its making me rethink my gadgetry Ive been rolling around in my head because I think its all going to have to use the HD head.

BoogerMan

That sounds right.. Id have to measure as well. I wonder if I could modify an 18 to 18 male adapter to work with that bowl.

I tried a few other nails last night and the only nail I have that will vape flower in any configuration is the Happy Daddy nail. I dont know if its the longer air path, the fact that it has to go through the sublimation chamber or what but none of the other nails I have will even brown the herb. Right now Im using a Happy Daddy Genesis set up in female configuration. I have an 18 to 18 male adapter that one end goes into the piece. The other end, I put the top of an ELB into with herb in it. Put the Happy Daddy nail on top in female config.. and it doesnt have anything that comes out of it to get the heat closer like the InfiniTI or any of those that use a threaded dowel as the center piece.. and it will cache the whole load out in 2 hits tops. Very even roasting as well.

After seeing this, its making me rethink my gadgetry Ive been rolling around in my head because I think its all going to have to use the HD head.

So given the price of the Happy Daddy nail it will be a similar price point.

I've been able to vape herb with my New-Vape male and female nails. Those are only $70 if you get the center post head and either the male or female body, so a little cheaper than happy daddy. I'm using a 20mm 100 watt gimido coil.

I've been able to successfully vape herb with my enail set to 650-700F depending on the nail body and adapter I use. The distance the herb is from the nail plays a huge roll. Preheat plays a huge roll too (if I take a hit right after my nail reaches temp it is much lighter than if I take a hit a minute or two after my nail reaches temp).

I have been able to vape herb with a female body and a 14mm M to 14mm M joint, a 18mm M to 18mm M joint. I've also been able to vape herb with a male body and a 14mm F to 14mm F and 18mm F to 18mm F and 18mm M to 14mm F.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
It's all good. I'm glad to help with the pics or whatever. Hell, I'll meet up and have a sesh.
I hope you can get even half the results I'm getting with the Herb Nail. I never even thought of trying this before seeing the ECS Herb Nail. Lucky enough to get a fat OT paycheck at the right time. Or I'd still be waiting, watching.

PoopMachine

I've been able to vape herb with my New-Vape male and female nails. Those are only $70 if you get the center post head and either the male or female body, so a little cheaper than happy daddy. I'm using a 20mm 100 watt gimido coil.

I've been able to successfully vape herb with my enail set to 650-700F depending on the nail body and adapter I use. The distance the herb is from the nail plays a huge roll. Preheat plays a huge roll too (if I take a hit right after my nail reaches temp it is much lighter than if I take a hit a minute or two after my nail reaches temp).

I have been able to vape herb with a female body and a 14mm M to 14mm M joint, a 18mm M to 18mm M joint. I've also been able to vape herb with a male body and a 14mm F to 14mm F and 18mm F to 18mm F and 18mm M to 14mm F.

I dont have a lot of nails to test with.. I have a real InfiniTI, a clone, the HDP Genesis and the nail that came with my Auber. None of those get the job done.. I dunno..

While I agree the price of the HDP nail brings the other setup into a more reasonable light, what do you do when you only want to dab oil? It still has to go through that adapter?

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I just tried it without the chamber on my claisen. It works well, but this nail is a bit more restricted than my other Errlectric nail. I am going to try use it this way for dabbing and use the chamber when I want it.
Rm9muMg.jpg

PoopMachine

Can anyone recommend an artist that might be able to make this herb adapter Im trying to get made? Ive contacted two and havent gotten a reply from either one. I really want to get this going.. Im open to any recommendations at this point.

PoopMachine,
Reactions: BoogerMan

420time

try talking to sites like newvapes and maybe ti titan, they should consider it if enough customers be into it.

420time,

PoopMachine

try talking to sites like newvapes and maybe ti titan, they should consider it if enough customers be into it.

Im not really interested in going that route. This is something for me and others if it works out for me. Ive found 99% of 420 companies suck to deal with. The only ones I can say Ive had exceptional dealings with is Happy Daddy Products and DNail. Ive already contacted HDP about this setup and didnt even get a response. Im going to ask Ken about it when I see him at the Cup.

PoopMachine,
Reactions: BoogerMan

BoogerMan

Im not really interested in going that route. This is something for me and others if it works out for me. Ive found 99% of 420 companies suck to deal with. The only ones I can say Ive had exceptional dealings with is Happy Daddy Products and DNail. Ive already contacted HDP about this setup and didnt even get a response. Im going to ask Ken about it when I see him at the Cup.

Give new-vape a shot. I told them I am a long time customer (I bough about 10 of their nails over the past year) and that I just got an e-nail with a 20mm coil. I told them I am a member of FC and that some other members had 20mm coils. I asked if they could make their nails for 20mm coils too (they only had 16mm at the time). He had D-nail send him a 20mm coil (they use d-nail coils to size their e-nail bodies) and about 2 weeks later I got pictures of the 20mm version :D

I emailed back and forth with Edwyn (I belive he is the owner but I'm not 100% positive). He is extremely nice and is not a young ignorant stoner running the company like most 420 sites you speak of. He's an older guy I believe and is very easy to communicate with and do business with. He even gave me a huge discount when I bought my e-nails and pax sandwich for being a long time customer and spreading the word about their products on FC. I believe his wife, Lori, even takes care of the shipping :)

Here's his email. Feel free to drop my real name or user name if you'd like. He might remember chatting with me if you mention the 20mm 16 hole enail :tup:

ed@ci-GLOBAL.COM

I'd be down to buy one for sure! Especially if it was made out of Titanium and was comparable with any male (or female) e-nail. I think it would work like the Sub if the adapter was titanium instead of glass like you guys were talking about before :rockon:

Last edited:
BoogerMan,

BoogerMan

Sorry for back to back posts. Couldn't edit.

Here we go!

Big thanks to @Cannabis Connoisseur for the ELB hookup. They work perfect :tup:

I filled the ELB about 1/4-1/3 of the way full with some Master OG :brow: it is not packed down at all.
CEBF1A50-FA90-48FF-92AE-6B7331D543A5_zps1hshnxta.jpg

I'm really high off this one hit :ko:

The hit could have been a little denser with a longer preheat. You can see there is still some to toast off :nod: it's a little lighter than I like it to be.
D784A84F-EF01-4A5F-A32A-4544C27F48D2_zpsuqw61zq7.jpg

21263375-63A5-4383-9B6C-F7A503161B96_zps7okgcajn.jpg

A few notes:
I wish ELBs were made in 14mm too. I think that might work even better since the female nail body would surround the 14mm ELB more and get it a little hotter.

However, letting the 18mm ELB preheat a little more would probably produce the same results as a 14mm ELB would. I'm just inpatient. As you can see in the video I couldn't even wait for me enail to reach 650F :rofl:

More testing after a dab. It's already hot right? Why not :tup:

EDIT:

Round 2. I put the vaped bud back in, tapped it down a little, and then added some fresh herb on top. Without patting that down it was about half full. Maybe 0.05g was added. About what I have been using in the e-nano.

I bumped it up to 678F and took a dab then put the ELB back in and let it preheat for about a minute.

Then for a nice big hit. Followed by 2 medium sized hits I didn't film. Sorry about my arm gettin in the way. I'm Vaked :smug:

A04EC96E-86D7-4A49-A67E-E797DEED03EA_zpshfapoqc5.jpg

Last edited:
BoogerMan,
Reactions: DieHard
Top Bottom