Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Justpassedu

I could do that now with all my tubing and heatshrink but shouldn't there be an appealing fix is it not an actual issue for others. I don't need it hemp wrapped just a real handle. If my Versa base didnt force me to take off the Lollicap it would be on the FP while its idle.

@NewVape710 I wouldn't mind an herb oriented design with the Lollicap built in and you just have to insert the dab end from the top to adjust available airflow. Suppose one could also use something like your disk cutter for applying their concentrates in this enclosed design.

EDIT:

Not to say I'm not going to implement your suggestion, I'd just appreciate an alternative end that isn't dabbing focused.
I don't think it is really a issue to be honest. I take my hit place the carb cap on and immediately after my hit i take the carb cap off. The only way it is going to get really hot is if you are keeping it on for a long time and i have never done that even before the flowerpot. It does get warm after a hit but not to the point i have burnt my hand or had any problems. Carb caps are not really meant to stay on , they are meant for capping when needed and than to be taken off. Try some tubing though , it should help greatly. I think you need something really thick , i'm not sure the hemp would help much in that area.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Just wanted to say thank you for this. So good.

I'm super jealous of your sapphire halo, I love my insert. Someday...

I'd love to hear about how the sapphire insert works with the new wrap-around when you've tried it out please. On my d-nail base I use that first with any new strains I get before using the rest with the sic halo. Sapphire is my favorite for taste, but I feel like I waste a bit more using it. Can't wait to get a sapphire halo someday.

Edit: D-nail has a great temperature chart that helped me figure out what temp I wanted to be/start at. It has sic and the sapphire insert on it, sorry if you've already see it:
http://www.d-nail.com/analysis/SiC.jpg

There is a Seinfeld moment for every situation you could come across ;)

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I don't think it is really a issue to be honest. I take my hit place the carb cap on and immediately after my hit i take the carb cap off. The only way it is going to get really hot is if you are keeping it on for a long time and i have never done that even before the flowerpot. It does get warm after a hit but not to the point i have burnt my hand or had any problems. Carb caps are not really meant to stay on , they are meant for capping when needed and than to be taken off. Try some tubing though , it should help greatly. I think you need something really thick , i'm not sure the hemp would help much in that area.
My thing is I'm only using with the cap. I'd never inhale unless it's capped already and my minimum inhale time is 20 seconds sometimes up to a minute.

My phrasing may have been a bit extreme I can't really can't say I've gotten any burns but I have huge issues trying to grab the cap and place it where I want. Too hot to hold for my usage this is an area where I see an easy improvement.

You may be using it more with concentrates up top. Its cool how many ways this vape can be used.

Justpassedu

My thing is I'm only using with the cap. I'd never inhale unless it's capped already and my minimum inhale time is 20 seconds sometimes up to a minute.

My phrasing may have been a bit extreme I can't really can't say I've gotten any burns but I have huge issues trying to grab the cap and place it where I want. Too hot to hold for my usage this is an area where I see an easy improvement.

You may be using it more with concentrates up top. Its cool how many ways this vape can be used.
I am more of a flower user and occasional concentrate user so i have more experience with flowers , i can see how it can get hot and mine has but only with more than 1 person using with me and taking back to back hits. When it's personal i take my hit and remove it and have no heat issues , i'd say i prob take a 10-20 second draw for the most part and usually try and cap right when i hit it with flowers. I also have been using newvapes longer dab tool that looks like this on my carb cap , kinda almost resembles a flat head screw driver at one end and is a bit longer than the boil point dab tool - https://www.newvape.com/dabber-scoop-2551

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I'd prefer a longer stem on the lollicap tbh, leave it on a bit too long and the heat creeps up the stem. I'd also find it easier to use in general with a slight longer stem. I've dropped it a couple of times already due to how short it is. I also love the tiny ball on the standard dabber/lollicap, so just a bit longer and itd be perfect.

Baron23

Edit: D-nail has a great temperature chart that helped me figure out what temp I wanted to be/start at. It has sic and the sapphire insert on it, sorry if you've already see it:
http://www.d-nail.com/analysis/SiC.jpg

Hi Stormy - be very careful of those charts. One, they are specific to D-nail devices as the thermal models for any of these devices is different. Also, I did recently get a D-nail SiC Halo and discovered that at least in the case of mine, their chart was off and I have a much bigger delta between set point and dab surface (of course, dab surface is cooler). They sent me a new flat coil after I presented them with some K-type TC temp measurements as we both speculated that the TC in my flat coil was perhaps sending out too high of a voltage (indicating higher temp than reality) but I haven't had a chance to fit it up and see if it fixed the really large delta I was experiencing.

I'm not at all sure that those charts will be at all helpful with a FP, D-nail SiC dish or not. Of course, I have been known to often be wrong! LOL

Yeah, we all have different heat tolerances...mine is kind of low also. Little bit of hot for others feels very hot to me.

Since you have heat shrink, if it was me I would just shrink an inch or so of it on the handle and charge forth. Maybe you can tie some hemp fiber around the handle, but I don't see any place to anchor the ends.

Cheers

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Since you have heat shrink, if it was me I would just shrink an inch or so of it on the handle and charge forth. Maybe you can tie some hemp fiber around the handle, but I don't see any place to anchor the ends.
I appreciate all the suggestions guys but I'm not going to be satisfied with a simple fix with my own materials in the long run, it fixes the current dabber I have. But I also don't really want to see it anymore I want something new.

I'd prefer to pay NewVape for a better handle/dabber and not have my setup look like I messed with it. Maybe NewVape has a suggestion on an existing dabber end that would help me out.

Last edited:

morvis

Here's what I've got for a scoop/dabber.
qBf6LpO.jpg

Perfect size for when I just want a scoop or 2.
vcrqSeb.jpg

(Yea, I know there's no screen in that. Just showing for size reference.)
(Aaaaand after going back there to fire it up, I have just discovered that my demonstration
setup was in fact - upside down, not just a missing screen. =) )

If I want a half or whole bowl, I'll just pour it in out of the pill bottle I finegrind into using my finish grinder.

This gets a real nice n fine.
https://vapesociety.com/product/mag...vZPRa38ACjr4mcrY_JHjpJ3opyx8l8lhoCpUYQAvD_BwE

7cde27da-72f2-4290-81f9-025f62ea1ea6_1.43952e6fe741e066475ef5990c53c203.jpeg

Gets a nice n fine grind

Iu43NW3.jpg

Last edited:

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
it's fun to see how things advance. My friends and I used to use the carb cap to temporarily help store any unfinished dabs. Eventually we learned that leaving it on the e-nail just cooks the concentrates into the nail surface whether it's titanium, quartz, or sic. When the quartz Bangers came on the scene 2-3 years ago the "q-tip quickly after each and every dab technique" became standard practice. I find if I apply this q-tip after EVERY LOW TEMP dabs the grade 2 titanium remains clean and is much better than I ever remember from the old coughing torch days. just my opinion

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Got my order sorted, they upgraded me to the wrap-around SiC combo from the regular SiC combo for free!!!!!

... major whoops on my part - I had intended to order the wrap around from the get-go lol.

Big thanks to @NewVape710 though!!!

I got pretty much immediate results by msging them here, after 48hrs of radio silence after making an order that ended in some weird error via the webstore.

Hoping to be enjoying some nice SiC dabs this weekend. If all goes right, I'll still have enough time to order the dnail SiC dish while it's on sale too... :D

edit: I had ordered the SiC combo before so it was only a $10 bump but still very nice of them. Especially because I would have been kicking myself if it arrived and wasn't the wrap-around... don't order when vaked folks! :myday::myday::myday:

Last edited:

Tommy10

Getting there in the comprehension once I hear back from a seller about Australian shipping I'll have a controller and coil sorted
Then I'll NEED

14mm body, a showerhead.... And what's all this centre post and nut stuff? Which of them do I NEED to run with a controller, coil, body and showerhead to vape flower ?

Likes2vape

Getting there in the comprehension once I hear back from a seller about Australian shipping I'll have a controller and coil sorted
Then I'll NEED

14mm body, a showerhead.... And what's all this centre post and nut stuff? Which of them do I NEED to run with a controller, coil, body and showerhead to vape flower ?
If you get one of the combo heads you don't need to worry about the center post as the combos come with the center post and and nut.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I suppose I could just post this in a generic concentrates/enail thread, but is it necessary to q-tip after each hit with the SiC nail? How do I go about cleaning it?

I'm also curious about which screens people are using in place of the stock brass one, for flowers.

I'm seeing a lot of people talking about using the D Nail sic dish. Is there some reason its better than the flower pot sic dish (especially for an extra $80)?

Also wondering how important buying the enail handle is, anyone else rig something up instead of paying $40 for just a handle?

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
I suppose I could just post this in a generic concentrates/enail thread, but is it necessary to q-tip after each hit with the SiC nail? How do I go about cleaning it?

I'm also curious about which screens people are using in place of the stock brass one, for flowers.

I dry qtip after ea dab in all dishes. please don't burn it clean by running the coil temp way up. this will reduce the life of the coil.

Likes2vape

Yes q-tip after every dab. I sometimes get 3-5 hits off a dab and than q-tip. To clean SiC I just leave my controller on 750 for a couple of hours and scrap out any crud. Some people like to turn it up to 900-950 but I find 750 for a couple hours is good. I use the SS screens from New Vape.

I'm seeing a lot of people talking about using the D Nail sic dish. Is there some reason its better than the flower pot sic dish (especially for an extra $80)?

Also wondering how important buying the enail handle is, anyone else rig something up instead of paying $40 for just a handle?

There was some lengthy discussion on this subject further back in the thread. I prefer the dnail dish for the larger dish area. A lot of people already have a Dnail SiC dish as well so it makes sense to offer products for it.

I don't find the handle necessary but the concentrate station is really nice put the $40 towards that!!

There was some lengthy discussion on this subject further back in the thread. I prefer the dnail dish for the larger dish area. A lot of people already have a Dnail SiC dish as well so it makes sense to offer products for it.
I don't find the handle necessary but the concentrate station is really nice put the $40 towards that!!
Thanks, sorry for not searching through the thread more, but didn't want to spend a long time reading and searching.

Anyone with the showerhead think its worth getting over the sic even with titanium dish?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I dry qtip after ea dab in all dishes. please don't burn it clean by running the coil temp way up. this will reduce the life of the coil.

Gladly. Any tips on how to increase longevity are appreciated and will be followed. I don't think I'll be going for huge dabs.

@Justpassedu DAMN that looks milky.

maybe I'm going to have a lot more fun with this than I thought...

Didn't add any SS screens to my order but hopefully I have something screens that fit somewhere...

Top Bottom