1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

NewVape FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by natural farmer, Nov 17, 2016.

1. fatbiker

fatbiker Well-Known Member

That’s one aspect I really like about the FP. I forget to clean mine sometimes. Then when I have company over I quickly touch it up. Otherwise, it stays relatively clean.

YaMon likes this.
  2. Xclerk

Xclerk Mia..

Just ordered the 200. I think they seller is giving me an adapter w the coil so I think.it will work. Excited to play w this thing. I know I got some back reading to do . but what are good starting temps. And what not

VaporWare likes this.
  3. buddingglasshead

buddingglasshead Well-Known Member

Be very careful plugging in a coil that you don't know the pinout of. You could damage the PID or coil. If you want, PM me a picture of the coil wires by unscrewing the cover on the end of the coil. I can tell you what pinout it is and if it's safe to use with or without the adapter. Could post it here as well, just suggesting PMing to not clog up the thread with info not really pertaining directly to the FP.

YaMon, VaporWare and Xclerk like this.
  4. PandaLee

PandaLee Well-Known Member

I ended up getting the Mobius ion matrix 2 for $280 out the door. They wouldn't go lower than $450 on the Binary Matrix...and since it's cheaper elsewhere i may just get it at a later time or used.

The Binary Matrix water functioned great...not as smooth as ion2 and a slight tug at the start, but then all gravy. Almost felt like it pushed air into your throat. The ion2 was really smooth and effortless. So was a SOL sherlock with a lace perc, a little more drag and stood much taller...however i didn't feel as good about it's sunken 18mm joint and all the tiny holes in the perc. But it stacked bubbles the best.

That Ion2 (not me, that's for sure!) is one smooth operator!
    First live hit, uncapped @700f:
    Click to play YouTube Video

jupazo, Baron23, wildything and 7 others like this.
  5. VaporWare

VaporWare Well-Known Member

@Xclerk I’d start at like 555 and move up when you want to. Most people land between the high 500s and the mid 600s, but a lot of people move up and down in temps, and then there are the “high rollers” who use high 700s with a small load and faster draw to extract very quickly. I do that sometimes (777 with a medium draw ramping up to fast as vapor appears), but more often I’m at 600 or below.

If you got a carb cap, experiment with that too, but be very careful about capping or using a slow draw if you try the 700s or you might combust!

Xclerk, Summer, YaMon and 2 others like this.
  6. nodrog

nodrog Well-Known Member

That Ion2 looks awesome, wondered for some time how they compare to the Nuc or other matrix percs. Congratulations!

pxl_jockey and PandaLee like this.
  7. PandaLee

thanks for your insight...one of the reasons I went with the Ion2 since it had the simpler "mini" matrix perc. So that's the main difference, even though I haven't "live" tried the others. That and the way the joint is structured, outside/ontop of the belly. Feels more secure that way for enails like the Flowerpot. Even if you break it, seems like it's in a spot that can be fixed. Where the ones that are sunken into the tube scare me more.

I wasn't able to water test a Recurve or RDS recylcer, they didn't have any. But that Recurve, along with the Binary matrix, are on my radar for future purchase for when I have the funds and find a good deal.

nodrog, pxl_jockey and Shrike like this.
  8. started@52

started@52 Well-Known Member

The Last two weeks I have felt like a kid with a brand new train set! Can’t believe how enthusiastic I still am about this thing after two weeks! I have never picked up a new vape and used it exclusively for two weeks. Heck, I have never used the same vape exclusively for mor then a couple days ever. I know it won’t last for ever but for now...:love:

I call this the WEEDROD :lol:

Can you tell that I swap weedeater nut with Vrod often?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    ubardog, Easywider, emmdeemo and 11 others like this.
  9. Xclerk

Xclerk Mia..

Seems like the auber i got got will pair up fine. The coil is an auber one so i got lucky. Also included an adapter to swap to d-nail. Im not too familiar with pid setups. Super excited should be here weds. Think I maybe have to spend like 100 at newvape anyway on a stand avb tray and little scoop for my carb cap. So shower head w shower cap. Ti adjustabowl and glass one too. Thanks @VaporWare at least I have an idea where to start. Those newvape blunt molds look pretty cool anyone use one yet? Also anyone got some temporary stand ideas.

VaporWare likes this.
  10. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Well-Known Member

@Xclerk you can use a coffee mug as a super easy temporary solution. I guess it would work as a permanent one as well! :D But the NV stand is so good- looking, it’s well worth picking up when you make your next order. :peace:

invertedisdead, VaporWare and Xclerk like this.
  11. emmdeemo

emmdeemo Showing off because he's tired

Bootiful!

started@52 likes this.
  12. newvape918

newvape918 Company Rep

Wuuuuuuuuuuttt

13. started@52

Another “look at me” “look at my new shit” post. :lol:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. abracadaver

abracadaver aka mephisto

Good lookin' set up! I can see why you had to thin the herd to fund this project!!!!!!
    Show off!

YaMon, turk, Summer and 1 other person like this.
  15. started@52

Lol, got/getting rid of a few that just sat in a drawer for a couple that sits ON the chest of drawers :lol:
    Less and less is getting done around the house, lol.

YaMon, Summer and VaporWare like this.
  16. turk

turk turk

...clean that dcup dish!...lol

YaMon and started@52 like this.
  17. started@52

Lol, it’s not as dirty as the pic shows, it’s the Obsidian(yup, I had to go back to the website and look up the name again, lol) very reflective mirror finish that smudges.

turk likes this.
  18. turk

turk turk

..as I’ve said many times, love that obsidian dish, mine doesn’t look like that..:lol:

19. started@52

Hmmm, how do you clean yours? If it’s been covered multiple times I apologize. I have only qtipped mine dry then with a little distilled water on the other tip, all at the temp I just dabbed at.

turk likes this.
  20. turk

turk turk

.no worries man...2-3 qtips after hit..plus...a toss in the ultrasonic...and sometimes..(after real heavy sessions)...qtip with 91% iso....but that’s rare)....hope that helps brother...ultrasonic is after I’m all through...not after each hit...lol

Justpassedu and started@52 like this.
  21. started@52

Ok last one for the night. Vrod at work!
    [​IMG]

jupazo, fatbiker, newvape918 and 8 others like this.
  22. wildything

wildything Well-Known Member

I've been using some Ti screens, that happened to be the same size as the ones Newvape just listed, in my glass bowl over the honeycomb screen.

I actually think I will retract my last statement about being better without it since its working with enough airflow for me now and I don't mind a bit of restriction with the Vrod. But I may have a different opinion about airflow if I was still using my Showerhead.

Plus I just realized that the honeycomb screen looks like the Showerhead/Vrod/Weedeater holes:doh: So that's pretty cool!:D

newvape918 likes this.
  23. doodiebopper

doodiebopper Member

Im having trouble getting my 14 mm glass bowl clean, particularly the air holes and the spot just below the screen before the joint. Leaving it iso and salt for a couple hours and shaking the hell out of it seems to leave spots for me.
    Anybody have any tips on getting it spotless?

24. PandaLee

Other things you could try are soaking in 91%+ ISO for 12+ hours, or even in
    vinegar for 12+ hours (this helped get some stubborn film off an old bubbler of mine). I've heard of similar soaks in PBW (Powdered Brewery Wash) and I think Simple Green, but I haven't tried SG...did get some PBW, will try that soon. But I've been good with regular 91 iso maintenance.

SO...I'm starting to plan my D-Cup bundle...what's the consensus on the 30mm dishes: Sapphire, Obsidian and SiC? Obsidian the way to go? - it's currently sold out so I assume it's the most popular. Sapphire looks really nice, only $25 more than Obsidian, but how delicate is it? SiC I know I like, been using it for couple years already, so I could always fall back on that.

doodiebopper likes this.
  25. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

I would not want to vape with anything where simple green was applied, would rather put up with the residue

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors