1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

NewVape FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by natural farmer, Nov 17, 2016.

1. 710Coils

710Coils Manufacturer

I will be working on getting some full opaque inserts for the 25 and 30mm bangers I carry. If they could be used elsewhere, I would just need some specs to get them made :rockon:

Mainly the banger size and if you have any existing inserts that fit. If you did, I would just need the following
    Outer diameter of insert
    ideal wall thickness (This will determine the overall room inside the insert. Most inserts look to be 1mm thick walls as a reference)
    overall height of the insert
    slitted or non slitted top
    Thick bottom or regular thickness (around 1 to 2mm thick for normal and 3 to 5mm for fat bottom)

BigJr48, Hogni, Alexis and 6 others like this.
  2. lasvideo

lasvideo Active Member

I was given some Blackberry Kush Distillate Syringe | Lucid Oils 500mg | $40 89.28% THC by a buddy who suggested I give concentrates one more shot.

I have the VROD Rev. 3 Flowerpot bundle. What temperature should I set the coil controller to for light clouds from this distillate? (I find vaping flower works great at 600 degrees.)

Also, if the controller is set to 600, what is the ball park temperature of the coil assembly? Just curious.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    BigJr48 and graydeh1 like this.
  3. Stonocrates

Stonocrates Well-Known Member

I've been using quartz inserts with opaque bottoms I got from DHGate when I'm in the mood for getting out the torch. Not sure if mentioning specific stores is considered shilling, but it's not hard to find ones with lots of positive reviews. There's also sellers on IG that ship from the USA and do a bit more quality control, but I've never ordered from them.

BigJr48 and invertedisdead like this.
  4. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

What temps seem to be a good sweetspot for convection dabs? Going to give it a try.

BigJr48 likes this.
  5. VaporWare

VaporWare Well-Known Member

I don’t know if there’s a sweet spot, and I don’t do it too often, but when I do I just use the same temps I’d use for flower alone and maybe crank it up a bit at the end if I’m at a low temp.

I’m usually at 585 right now, and I believe that’s worked for me with flower topped with a small amount of CBD crystals or live resin. I don’t do large amounts of concentrates at once, so I wouldn’t be much help there.

BigJr48, Alexis, Vitolo and 2 others like this.
  6. lasvideo

lasvideo Active Member

Well, even the fine distillate got me only moderately high.
    SO, after exploring many options to increase my buzz and reduce my tolerance....
    ITS TIME FOR A T BREAK.
    See you folks in a week......

7. Danksta

Danksta Well-Known Member

Try looking for rosin. That distillate is far from full spectrum. THC level is not what you should be focusing on. I was that way myself when I got into oils. Old school heads assume higher THC is better. It's not IMO.

Look for rosin before you give up on concentrates. You will love the effects of rosin. Taste too. :D

dynospec, BigJr48, Alexis and 3 others like this.
  8. lasvideo

lasvideo Active Member

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I tried some highly touted Rosin as well a while back. Didnt do much to me. It was to expensive and a less then satisfactory buzz.

As stated above, the answer for me is a T break. And when I come back...weed only.

BigJr48, graydeh1 and wildything like this.
  9. Pyr0

Pyr0 Stoned Roses

Carb cap arrived today (thanks @VapeFiend.com) and I managed to ditch work after lunch :)

I was surprised how light it is after only owning the shower cap before.

Still experimenting with the vrod and flower, but using the cap seems MUCH better to achieve an even roast.

I seem to have settled at 550f (capped) on the auber controller for flower.

Has anyone been dabbing on the quartz dish? Any recommended temps?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  10. tb42091

tb42091 Well-Known Member

I think "sweet spot" is going to end up being personal preference. I have been enjoying convection dabs at 680 because I can kill a pretty good sized dab on top of a half bowl of flower in 5 or 6 full breath draws. 600 is tastier but takes more draws for me so I cranked it up a bit.

Mighty/crafty liquid pads also fit in the bowls and work for convection dabs as well.

dynospec, BigJr48, VaporWare and 3 others like this.
  11. invertedisdead

invertedisdead High Standards

@lasvideo what temperatures are you dabbing at?

BigJr48 and gunmetalshark like this.
  12. lasvideo

lasvideo Active Member

600 degrees. Lots of nice vapor. Was able to get around 10 hits off a drop of the distillate I mention earlier in the thread.

dynospec, BigJr48 and gunmetalshark like this.
  13. Danksta

10 hits from one dab?

14. lasvideo

lasvideo Active Member

The distillate is a thick oil. And when dropped on the VROD SIC dish at 600, it just releases vapors forever.

BigJr48 and gunmetalshark like this.
  15. Square4Life

Square4Life Well-Known Member

The VROD at 600, especially depending on the size of dab...I'm not that surprised tbh. I couldn't ever seem to make the vapor quit at those temps lol

16. Grifo

Grifo Well-Known Member

Im assuming its been concluded that the reverse vrod works just as good as the regular vrod?

BigJr48 likes this.
  17. invertedisdead

invertedisdead High Standards

Cool, is that how you normally hit flower too, or do you prefer more of a one hit slammer when vaping dry herb?

IMO it takes ~75-100 degrees higher than the SiC Halo on the VROD vs a flat coil for equivalent performance.

BigJr48, just_the_flu and Danksta like this.
  18. lasvideo

lasvideo Active Member

Yes, I prefer to sip on multiple gentle vapor hits more then one monster hit that makes me cough my lungs up. :)

19. Danksta

That could be your issue getting high. Just sipping vapor is kinda a tease to your receptors.

20. lasvideo

lasvideo Active Member

I dont think so. Ive vaped like this for years and had no issues getting high. Its only recently with the legalization and abundant availability that has resulted in this situation.

As I said several times....TIME FOR A T BREAK! ;)

BigJr48, graydeh1 and Danksta like this.
  21. NewVape710

NewVape710 Seeking Higher Ground Manufacturer

This vrod rev-c upgrade will be expiring 8-24-18

BigJr48, YaMon and graydeh1 like this.
  22. Pyr0

Pyr0 Stoned Roses

Dabbing on the vrod & quartz at the same temperature as flower (550) was a complete fail. It just kept going with wispy vapour and the number of hits hurt my throat and chest.
    650 was a little better but still wasted some with pooling.
    700 seems to work, but with less flavour.
    More testing needed.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be able to dab on top of flower though as dabbing temps are far too high for flower.

As a quick test I put a tiny amount of flower in and hit it quickly at 700 uncapped and the edges were practically black. I'm sure it would combust if it were capped.

Any tips or advice welcome

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    BigJr48 and graydeh1 like this.
  23. graydeh1

graydeh1 Double deckin'

I think to dab in the dish and do flower in the bowl you need a fast draw as to not burn the flower.
    What I do now is whats labelled a convection dab. Put a dab on top of your flower.
    Im at 585 f slow draw.
    I find it gives me 6 or more full, dense and satisfying pulls, With the strength I require.

BigJr48, Hogni and Pyr0 like this.
  24. Miyaca

Miyaca New Member

hey guys, ive my fp since today.
    perfect, perfect vape; i`m super stoned^^
    quick questions: i`ve just, before i red this post, 'vaporized' af 707 - caped.. but didn`t combust. was awesome in fact;)
    could you give me a quick temperatur overview? how far up do you go?

another question.. i think something went wrong with the spedition and they send me de uk cable instead of the eu one.. the cable that connects the enail with current. but it`s a pretty common cable and i can i use the one from my extreme q.. is that safe? i`m just asking because i was surprised by how much it overshoots the temperatures. i now it does that.. but more than 100f?
    is it use that you set one temperature and stay there for more than one hit?
    i find it a bit difficult to move upwards in temperatures as i`m used too, whenever i have an lcd in front of me..

Danksta and BigJr48 like this.
  25. graydeh1

graydeh1 Double deckin'

Hey @emmdeemo hows your rosin dabbing going?
    I have some rosin now and wondered with all your "testing" what temps u found best.

BigJr48 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors