Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Baron23

I want to thank you guys, this forum rules. Here's my concept glass cap that spins the beads. Also big thanks to @invertedisdead for pointing out @LabPong 's post about how to safely drill glass.

I hope my link works. Lemme know whatcha guys think!

https://imgur.com/a/38gMHCF
VERY cool to show the bead spinning in there. Very cool. Made from a glass concentrate bottle??

By the by, ImgBB.com supports 3rd party hosting (or at least they haven't caught on yet) and works for posting embedded images. Haven't tried vids, but images work fine.

ChurroForSure-O

Yep! Just your average concentrate ebottle. I did a dab in it last night and it worked so perfect! I can give filming it a try, but I had a hard time just getting that first video to not come out all shaky haha!

The only thing my cap is missing is a post or handle cuz that bitch gets hot!

Last edited by a moderator:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

LabPong

We totally need a glass carb cap and ball set we can order from NV for the Vrod, that would be amazing! :brow:

Does anyone own the Micro 20 or any other rosin press? If so, what's your experience been with yields and would you buy it again?

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
We totally need a glass carb cap and ball set we can order from NV for the Vrod, that would be amazing! :brow:

Does anyone own the Micro 20 or any other rosin press? If so, what's your experience been with yields and would you buy it again?

I dont own an NV press but I use NV press plates in a 20 ton standard shop press. Highly recommended plates. Yields are dependent on a ton of other factors (ton pun intended).

Baron23

I own a Micro 20 but its new to me (very slightly used when I bought it) and I have only three squishes under my belt so too earlier to make comments about performance, squishing tech, etc.

However, its built like a T-72 tank. I couldn't ask for higher quality or better design. Its rock solid.

Its probably a lot more press than I need for home use, but the price was irresistible.

If you have not yet, might want to check out this thread...or at least the last 20 pages of it. LOL

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/rosin-technique-easy-diy-solventless.17470/

Vaporware

I want to thank you guys, this forum rules. Here's my concept glass cap that spins the beads. Also big thanks to @invertedisdead for pointing out @LabPong 's post about how to safely drill glass.

I hope my link works. Lemme know whatcha guys think!

https://imgur.com/a/38gMHCF

Nice job, action-wise it looks great! I agree it could use a handle though, and if you have a hot enough torch or access to one, I think it would be a good idea to torch those holes and make sure you don’t have tiny loose pieces of glass in the hole. Probably not a huge concern, but I’d do it for my own peace of mind.

I hope to see something similar available for sale to all of us before too long! :)

A couple of people in here have them and have posted positive reviews, so if you use the search tool they should be easy enough yo find.

Otherwise maybe they’ll see this and post, but it’s an expensive piece of equipment and not too many of us have them yet.

I think at least one well known vape reviewer has one too...Vape Critic maybe?

Edit; Hah, and of course one of them posts literally seconds before I post this...

ChurroForSure-O

Nice job, action-wise it looks great! I agree it could use a handle though, and if you have a hot enough torch or access to one, I think it would be a good idea to torch those holes and make sure you don’t have tiny loose pieces of glass in the hole. Probably not a huge concern, but I’d do it for my own peace of mind.

I hope to see something similar available for sale to all of us before too long! :)

A couple of people in here have them and have posted positive reviews, so if you use the search tool they should be easy enough yo find.

Otherwise maybe they’ll see this and post, but it’s an expensive piece of equipment and not too many of us have them yet.

I think at least one well known vape reviewer has one too...Vape Critic maybe?

Edit; Hah, and of course one of them posts literally seconds before I post this...

I sincerely thank you for your safety concerns. I did give both holes a steam cleaning, but will give them a torch for an extra measure of safety and a hopefully a finished glossy look as opposed to frosted.

Much appreciated!

ChurroForSure-O,
Reactions: Vaporware

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

I don't have a Micro 20 but those look badass, it's kind of like the Elysian in design. I have a Dabpress and average ~15-25% yields. Flower quality means everything. Overall I think its worth it as the price of solventless extracts is typically at a premium in my state. TBH if you're in a legal state and have tons of options it may or may not be more expensive than just buying a gram of extract (not necessarily rosin though)

I think for somebody that grows their own material it's an absolute no brainer. If your in a gray state and don't have access to quality concentrates it's also a no brainer. If your in a legal state and your dispensary is selling small ass popcorn buds as "top shelf" that can get kinda frustrating trying to press lol.

Baron23

I don't have a Micro 20 but those look badass, it's kind of like the Elysian in design. I have a Dabpress and average ~15-25% yields. Flower quality means everything. Overall I think its worth it as the price of solventless extracts is typically at a premium in my state. TBH if you're in a legal state and have tons of options it may or may not be more expensive than just buying a gram of extract (not necessarily rosin though)

I think for somebody that grows their own material it's an absolute no brainer. If your in a gray state and don't have access to quality concentrates it's also a no brainer. If your in a legal state and your dispensary is selling small ass popcorn buds as "top shelf" that can get kinda frustrating trying to press lol.
I agree with much of what you said, however, I live in a now med legal state and while I can buy some very good quality concentrates every day of the week, I like fresh rosin the best. Its a concentrated flower effect rather than a concentrate effect and to me there is a difference.

Not sure I would have bought the press on the basis of its economics, but rather because I want the product and rosin is not available here and when it becomes available I expect it to cost a lot.

Cheers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I agree with much of what you said, however, I live in a now med legal state and while I can buy some very good quality concentrates every day of the week, I like fresh rosin the best. Its a concentrated flower effect rather than a concentrate effect and to me there is a difference.

Not sure I would have bought the press on the basis of its economics, but rather because I want the product and rosin is not available here and when it becomes available I expect it to cost a lot.

Cheers

For sure I also prefer it to other concentrates, it tends to feel more full spectrum. I just pressed another half ounce of flower today :D Flower rosin has largely disappeared on a retail level here so its basically all hash rosin now and priced as an even more premium product. I definitely enjoy being able to make my own solventless! :nod:

Muzz

Hey everyone! Very excited, I'm ordering myself a SH tonight :D Going to go with the stubby 14mm bowl and use it with a 18mm to 14mm adaptor and a stainless keck clip. Hoping that the extra glass layer between bowl and piece helps prevent sticking by adding more thermal mass, will have to see... Also thinking I might be able to add a small stainless handle to the keck clip when it arrives depending on its design.

I've read a bit over half of the thread here and am pretty sure it's not possible, but I wanted to double check: Does the double weave Ti screen fit the 14mm male stubby bowl? If not what size screens does it take, and has anyone found a double weave Ti screen that does fit?

I though I would share an Idea I have that might be interesting for those with the OG handle bowl in 18mm or the 14/18mm bowl without handle. I wonder if a split locking collar with 16mm ID would fit around the stem of the bowl? If so it could be made to work just like the adjustabowls in that it would provide a ledge that would rest on the top of the ground joint, preventing the bowl from being pushed down into the joint by the weight of the FP, also allowing the user to adjust the bowl in the joint so that there is there is some room for expansion using the sticky tape method, and also it would add a significant chunk of thermal mass between the bowl and joint, meaning less heat transfer from the bowl to the joint surface, causing less expansion.

One like this - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hig...rch0104.8.78.55945958l8e4Gb&priceBeautifyAB=0

Could use a dremel tool to expand the internal diameter if it is too tight, or remove some material from the slits if it is too loose. I would try this for sure considering the small cost of the clamp, but it makes more sense for me to get a 14mm bowl, and neither 14mm options look like they have the space to accomodate a 12mm collar.

Another question, does anyone have recommendations for glass blowers that do custom pieces? I'm after a simple straight tube that is either 5mm thick with 40mm diameter, or 7mm thick with 45mm diameter, no ice pinches, no logos, super clean, sleek and slender!

Last edited by a moderator:

MinnBobber

Another question, does anyone have recommendations for glass blowers that do custom pieces? I'm after a simple straight tube that is either 5mm thick with 40mm diameter, or 7mm thick with 45mm diameter, no ice pinches, no logos, super clean, sleek and slender!
Muzz, @Oregonglassblower / Oregon Glass Blower , is the guy for quality glass pieces. He does custom pieces too so
look at his website.
https://oregonglassblower.com/

Highly recommend his work!
Picture of some of his pieces attached:
Bn4fPin.jpg

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Hey everyone! Very excited, I'm ordering myself a SH tonight :D Going to go with the stubby 14mm bowl and use it with a 18mm to 14mm adaptor and a stainless keck clip. Hoping that the extra glass layer between bowl and piece helps prevent sticking by adding more thermal mass, will have to see... Also thinking I might be able to add a small stainless handle to the keck clip when it arrives depending on its design.

Congrats on the upcoming order, you're going to love the SH!

When you mention you're trying to avoid sticking, I don't know if anyone has ever reported sticking issues between the bowl and your glass piece. I think most people tend to remove the the SH from the bowl between hits.

When people talk about the Vrod sticking, it's the Vrod sticking to the heating post on the stand.

I'm not sure what size screen fits the stubby bowl, is it even for sale in their site anymore? I don't see it, but I could easily be overlooking it.

Is there a reason you're wanting the stubby over the Panhead or Shovelhead? You can always use a 14mm post on either of those bowls. And then you'd be able to use the double weave screens without issue. I really do like the double weave and think they're worth it.

Either way, hard to go wrong with NewVape!

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Some new bits arrived today :)
15ysm8g.jpg

Unfortunately one of the VF packers forgot my carb cap, so that will be here tomorrow.

Also, still waiting for SIC dishes, so just went with quartz for now.

Really surprised and pleased with the speed of despatch/shipping from Auber. Ordered Last week and if it wasn't for the weekend, I probably would have had it 3 days later

Last edited:

Muzz

Hey Roth! Thanks for your response :)
Maybe I'm a bit confused.. From this thread I have gotten the impression that some FP owners have experienced problems with the older bowls sticking in the joint after a hit (due to thermal expansion) and the new adjustabowls are the solution to this problem. This is the only sticking I am referring to. I read that a number of people are needing to wait for the bowl to cool a little before it unsticks and they can take it out to empty and reload.

Question for all FP owners - is this only a problem when the flowerpot is left sitting on the bowl for a while? I can only see myself sitting the FP on the bowl for 10 seconds max as I draw and straight off again. Is there no issue of the bowl expanding and sticking in the glass joint when used in this manner? Could use some clarity.

I would prefer to go with a pan or shovelhead, but I can't really justify the extra price of it at this time, it's pretty expensive, especially when you convert to AU dollars! I will probably upgrade 6 months down the track when I am expecting to be swimming in money lol... But even then, only if I see that upgrading will enhance my experience of using this miracle tool :) From what I see the benefits are that they don't stick in the glass joint, they have a handle which is quite useful, and they look sweet. Let me know if there is other benefits though!!! What do you guys love about you pan/shovel heads over the older bowls? I'm not placing my order for another 4hrs so there is time to convince me that I should get one, or even one of the OG handled bowls instead of the 14mm stubby bowls. I can afford it if I really want it enough lol!!

:)

Btw, thanks MinnBobber. Will get in contact with them!

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I've read a bit over half of the thread here and am pretty sure it's not possible, but I wanted to double check: Does the double weave Ti screen fit the 14mm male stubby bowl? If not what size screens does it take, and has anyone found a double weave Ti screen that does fit?
Hi @Muzz
I'm not sure if the stubby bowl is exactly the same, but the errlectric double weave screens fit my older 14 and 18mm bowls perfectly
https://www.errlectric.com/index.ph...ng/product/53-errlectric-titanium-mesh-screen

I use my 14mm (non-adjustable) bowl with a 18-14mm reducer to prevent sticking in glass joints

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Hey Roth! Thanks for your response :)
Maybe I'm a bit confused.. From this thread I have gotten the impression that some FP owners have experienced problems with the older bowls sticking in the joint after a hit (due to thermal expansion) and the new adjustabowls are the solution to this problem. This is the only sticking I am referring to. I read that a number of people are needing to wait for the bowl to cool a little before it unsticks and they can take it out to empty and reload.

Question for all FP owners - is this only a problem when the flowerpot is left sitting on the bowl for a while? I can only see myself sitting the FP on the bowl for 10 seconds max as I draw and straight off again. Is there no issue of the bowl expanding and sticking in the glass joint when used in this manner? Could use some clarity.

I would prefer to go with a pan or shovelhead, but I can't really justify the extra price of it at this time, it's pretty expensive, especially when you convert to AU dollars! I will probably upgrade 6 months down the track when I am expecting to be swimming in money lol... But even then, only if I see that upgrading will enhance my experience of using this miracle tool :) From what I see the benefits are that they don't stick in the glass joint, they have a handle which is quite useful, and they look sweet. Let me know if there is other benefits though!!! What do you guys love about you pan/shovel heads over the older bowls? I'm not placing my order for another 4hrs so there is time to convince me that I should get one, or even one of the OG handled bowls instead of the 14mm stubby bowls. I can afford it if I really want it enough lol!!

:)

Btw, thanks MinnBobber. Will get in contact with them!

Ah, I see what you're saying, I misunderstood. I first got my SH when the Shovel/Panhead bowls were already out, so never used the OG stubby bowls. Haven't seen many talk about he stubby's in a long time!

And yes, the main benefit of the Shovel/Pan bowls is the adjustable nature of them. One of my pieces has a much deeper joint than the other, so it's nice to have the option to extend the post of the bowl. It's very simple and a great design imo.

Not having handle on the stubby bowl looks like it would be very annoying to me, but it might not bother some. If I'm taking a few back to back hits, the bowl can get fairly hot. Way too hot for me to just pick up without the handle. Not sure how long you'd have to wait before the stubby would be cool enough to remove.

And just to make sure, you're aware of some coupons to use on your order with NewVape? There are several 10% coupon codes floating around. I believe "welcomeback" is one. I forget what the others are, maybe something with "twax"?.

If you weren't aware of the coupon, maybe that 10% savings will be enough to get you a Shovel/Panhead bowl!

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Maybe I've having a mental lapse, hopefully someone can help me out.

Around the time the Vrod came out, I seem to remember something about using coils that were 100W and under. Was that the max the NV controller can handle? Or was that the wattage of the NV coils?

Edit: Just found out where I remembered it from. It's in the enail battery description. It says it can power coils 100W or less, and that NV started shipping 100W coils on 4/20/2018.

So there would be no issue with me running a 150W coil on my NV controller, correct? Not using the battery, plugged into main power.

Is the only difference between a 100W and 150W coil the heat up time?

Muzz

@Pyr0 would love to know how hot does your OG 14mm bowl get after say 3 decent pulls.
Is the bowl to hot to handle and would you need to wait to let it cool before reloading if yours didn't have the handle?

Congratulations on the new arrival btw :)

Top Bottom