Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Justpassedu

oh so im little higher than that..guess ill try lower..whats highest youve been?? temp wise..haha
I tried 710 , it was a bit to high for me and than for some reason at a point settled with 674f I'm not sure how I got to that # lol. Now I mess around a bit between 650-675. I want to try lower temps but not sure how much I'll like it , I know taste will be better but will the high? I like that real Stoney effect. It's really dependent on what you like , I'm always trying to find the perfect temp. I have some buddies that strictly stay below 600f.

grokit

well-worn member
Temps for the d-nail sic dish... I'm trying to get used to using just the one 20mm barrel coil with my fp. I am running at 800f on the dial and still getting some pooling in the dish, and I have to cap it forever to finish it with still lots on the q-tip when I clean it afterwords. These dishes are designed for flat coils, using barrel coils leaves ~50% of the dish uncontacted by the coil so I really think this has something to do with it. When I was using both coils I was getting unbelievable extraction above and below. Now I see that you guys are into low-temp dabs but what about the high-intensity, double-decker, one-hitter quitters? I was able to get milk that made my eyes cross with two coils, how do I do it with just the one I would love to know.

:science:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I hate double deckers. Oil belongs down below, I don't get the appeal of conduction dabs. So wasteful.

That's interesting, I've always found convection concentrate use wasteful and unsatisfying compared to doing a proper dab. You really prefer the flavor off a SS pad over quartz or SiC? Is it because of the barrel coil? Have you ever dabbed off a flat coil eNail?

subway13029

I hate double deckers. Oil belongs down below, I don't get the appeal of conduction dabs. So wasteful.

Also hate cleaning after a dab just to do another dab..
so how do you do dabs if not in te dish? would dabbing off a banger be conduction too? i was under belief that even though it touches hot surface that it creates a leiderhosen effect or some weird term.lol.just curious if yall think its better to use an oil pad in herb chamber.i dont seem get as high off these smaller more spaced out hits

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
so how do you do dabs if not in te dish? would dabbing off a banger be conduction too? i was under belief that even though it touches hot surface that it creates a leiderhosen effect or some weird term.lol.just curious if yall think its better to use an oil pad in herb chamber.i dont seem get as high off these smaller more spaced out hits

The term you are probably thinking of is sublimation but you would have to dab incredibly hot to be truly sublimating as far as I understand.

Yes a dab off a banger ( or any nail) is conduction, but keep in mind as soon as you carb it a convective environment is created.

Likes2vape

I keep my controller set to 730 with a 16mm coil. I have found you have to be sure the dish is all the way down to get best performance. I have no issues with being able to milk any piece when doing double deckers which is still my favorite way to use it. I haven't tried doing a barrel and flat coil hit so maybe I just think I'm milking my piece!!! :rockon:

Justpassedu

Temps for the d-nail sic dish... I'm trying to get used to using just the one 20mm barrel coil with my fp. I am running at 800f on the dial and still getting some pooling in the dish, and I have to cap it forever to finish it with still lots on the q-tip when I clean it afterwords. These dishes are designed for flat coils, using barrel coils leaves ~50% of the dish uncontacted by the coil so I really think this has something to do with it. When I was using both coils I was getting unbelievable extraction above and below. Now I see that you guys are into low-temp dabs but what about the high-intensity, double-decker, one-hitter quitters? I was able to get milk that made my eyes cross with two coils, how do I do it with just the one I would love to know.

I have yet to experiment with the dnail Sic halo but will shortly , 1 thing you can try with the 20mm barrel coil is bending the actual coil gently a drop , I spread the coils out so the top coil is touching my Sic halo dish and the bottom coil is touching the bottom perfectly , you also want to pre heat the actual head and nut a bit also , been doing a preheat of around 5-10 minutes before hitting. I'll report back though tomorrow after I use the dnail Sic halo a bit . It is true that these type of dishes are designed for a flat coil but they do work with the barrel coil quite well. Now your double coil method is seeet something I'd like to try but I just don't want to be tied up managing two coils at once .

grokit

well-worn member
I have yet to experiment with the dnail Sic halo but will shortly , 1 thing you can try with the 20mm barrel coil is bending the actual coil gently a drop , I spread the coils out so the top coil is touching my Sic halo dish and the bottom coil is touching the bottom perfectly , you also want to pre heat the actual head and nut a bit also , been doing a preheat of around 5-10 minutes before hitting. I'll report back though tomorrow after I use the dnail Sic halo a bit . It is true that these type of dishes are designed for a flat coil but they do work with the barrel coil quite well. Now your double coil method is seeet something I'd like to try but I just don't want to be tied up managing two coils at once .
I'm not seeing how to apply your advice to my setup...

As you can see the dish is pushed up so it's not sitting on the base, it's actually sitting on the coil or to be more accurate the dish is sitting on half of the top of the coil. I preheat so it's fully soaked, but with that air under the dish and the fact that it's only ~50% in contact with top of the barrel coil I think it makes it hard for the dish to hold the heat evenly. I'm committed to maxing out this thing so I'll be going to back to the double coil setup, but with a 16mm barrel coil along with a flat coil, and with a dual controller box.

piuu11K.jpg

Last edited:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
That's interesting, I've always found convection concentrate use wasteful and unsatisfying compared to doing a proper dab. You really prefer the flavor off a SS pad over quartz or SiC? Is it because of the barrel coil? Have you ever dabbed off a flat coil eNail?
Sadly never used a flat coil.

I use fine micron screen meshes if I'm using metal.. SS pads have awful flavor but I more often than not use rayon. I've tried a lot of pads and wools and not a single hasn't tasted like garbage also they are hard to clean and I don't want to have to inhale for 8+ hits to clear through some rancid reclaim.

I always found having material to clean up, wasteful with cotton/rayon I can just feel the fibers and its either bone dry or a little sticky and moist.

Here is a video I posted a while back but I can understand where some may not have correlated I used concentrates and didn't reload the bowl. As a person with a huge inhale time I find I can actually breathe past most dabs until its tapered off but it still leaks vapor for like 10 minutes if I don't clean it off. With convection there is no excess and I don't feel as bad for wanting to take a couple breaths before going back in.

VisiblyVaped

a liquid pad in the flower pot bowl and vape it in the same fashion as flowers :)
This intrigues me.

As you can see the dish is pushed up so it's not sitting on the base, it's actually sitting on the coil or to be more accurate the dish is sitting on half of the top of the coil. I preheat so it's fully soaked, but with that air under the dish and the fact that it's only ~50% in contact with top of the barrel coil I think it makes it hard for the dish to hold the heat evenly. I'm committed to maxing out this thing so I'll be going to back to the double coil setup, but with a 16mm barrel coil along with a flat coil, and with a dual controller box.

piuu11K.jpg

I can not figure out how your coil fits so much different than mine? A part of mine touches the dish but nothing touches the flowerpot body......not even close.
It's 20mm. Sic dish from NV

VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: grokit

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Sadly never used a flat coil.

I use fine micron screen meshes if I'm using metal.. SS pads have awful flavor but I more often than not use rayon. I've tried a lot of pads and wools and not a single hasn't tasted like garbage also they are hard to clean and I don't want to have to inhale for 8+ hits to clear through some rancid reclaim.

I always found having material to clean up, wasteful with cotton/rayon I can just feel the fibers and its either bone dry or a little sticky and moist.

Here is a video I posted a while back but I can understand where some may not have correlated I used concentrates and didn't reload the bowl. As a person with a huge inhale time I find I can actually breathe past most dabs until its tapered off but it still leaks vapor for like 10 minutes if I don't clean it off. With convection there is no excess and I don't feel as bad for wanting to take a couple breaths before going back in.

Interesting. I'm with ya.

I have often added rosin to the flower in my vapes, looks like that trend will continue.

Flower hits, with extra rosin/keif/bho/whatever mixed in to the flower, last forever and the vapour is thick as a large brick.

Grifo

Long time lurker! I've been eyeing the vapexhale for some time but once I stumbled upon this thread I completely changed my mind. I ordered most of what i think is needed to use the flowerpot yesterday. However I forgot the screens. Do I need screens to use the flowerpot?

Grifo,
Reactions: Joaon

Justpassedu

piuu11K.jpg

So this is how I have my 20mm coil set up now , I spread apart the coils a bit so they are making contact with the Sic halo and the bottom coil is touching the base , I than gently squeezed them together so they are actually hugging the center post tight , it's not perfect like a flat coil would be but pretty darn close , my 16mm has no problems at all but I will be using and testing the 20mm now - https://imgur.com/a/FeNps .

@Grifo no worries the flower pot comes with 2 or 3 screens to get you started .

grokit

well-worn member
So this is how I have my 20mm coil set up now , I spread apart the coils a bit so they are making contact with the Sic halo and the bottom coil is touching the base , I than gently squeezed them together so they are actually hugging the center post tight , it's not perfect like a flat coil would be but pretty darn close , my 16mm has no problems at all but I will be using and testing the 20mm now - https://imgur.com/a/FeNps .
The other side of the coil is the one with potential issues.
Mine looks okay from the same angle you're showing.
I can get rid of the space under the dish by unscrewing it a bt so that's a simple adjustment.
But there's no way to make a barrel coil contact the bottom of the dish all the way around.

so it seems the more wraps the coil has the better it fits against the bottom of the dish. I do like the way @Justpassedu has modified the coil wraps.

flowerpot_dnail_sic-3.jpg
I'd also love to see these coils from the other side :tup:

:sherlock:

Last edited:

subway13029

The term you are probably thinking of is sublimation but you would have to dab incredibly hot to be truly sublimating as far as I understand.

Yes a dab off a banger ( or any nail) is conduction, but keep in mind as soon as you carb it a convective environment is created.
no not sublimation its called leidenfrost effect or something. its where the temp usso hot the when the oil touches the banger or nail its actually creates a type of vaporization instead of actual combustion which should happen at high temps but im super leery of using oil pad.

subway13029,
Reactions: grokit

Justpassedu

The other side of the coil is the one with potential issues.
Mine looks okay from the same angle you're showing.
I can get rid of the space under the dish by unscrewing it a bt so that's a simple adjustment.
But there's no way to make a barrel coil contact the bottom of the dish all the way around.

I'd also love to see these coils from the other side :tup:

:sherlock:

It's not going to be a perfectly even spread all the way around but I got them close enough that they are heating the top and bottom with a good 5-10 minute heat soak . Try to spread them out carefully like I did with pliers and a flat head screw driver to make better contact , I have the bottom screwed in all the way and the bit on top down as much as I can to make contact . It took me some time but worked out , also noticed some brands of coils are easier to bend a bit , the 20mm I am using is from Hex-Nail and I believe they made the coil themselves and sell them seeperate now , my 16mm coils are harder to spread and are not made by them but they line up pretty well to the point I do not need to bend them. I guess all coils are not created equallly. I'll make a video this week to show how they are working when I have some time .

PoopMachine

Long time lurker! I've been eyeing the vapexhale for some time but once I stumbled upon this thread I completely changed my mind. I ordered most of what i think is needed to use the flowerpot yesterday. However I forgot the screens. Do I need screens to use the flowerpot?

Screens are included.

PoopMachine,
Reactions: Grifo
Top Bottom