1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

NewVape FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by natural farmer, Nov 17, 2016.

1. RalphsBlend

RalphsBlend Active Member

One thing to try is bumping the temps up to the 725+ range while keeping a medium or faster draw speed uncapped with roughly .1 g loads. I found the flavor hit on high temps to be superior, but be warned that this does come with increased harshness (compared to lower temps). I don't do much if any pre-heating with those temps.

NewVape420, Danksta, Hogni and 3 others like this.
  2. Danksta

Danksta Well-Known Member

I've been stuck on 777 the past week. I just can't get myself to go any lower. The effects are so nice. Heavier than a dab at times. With the right draw the abv is pretty green and the flavor is wonderful. :D

Alexis, invertedisdead and NewVape420 like this.
  3. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

@paytonpenn I did not have such success with the SH for convection dabbing. However your video has me VERY interested in the wrap around now! WOW BUDDY!!!! :rockon::tup::clap::nod:

Click to play YouTube Video

Teedub, Alexis, latulipe999 and 3 others like this.
  4. Vapologist

Vapologist HamsterDAMAGED

Always Sunny is one of my standard post-FP shows...that one above is great. 'In 2013, Maureen had begun her transition to a cat...'

There's so many Illadeph sticker's posted up at Paddy's Pub...let's get a NV sticker in there?

mixchu69 and Danksta like this.
  5. LabPong

LabPong Well-Known Member

I got my glass unit setup so perfect now for the flowerpot........

[​IMG]
    drop down, carb hole, glass bowl with SS screen.....

[​IMG]

Draws are so smooth now....much less blow back on the bowl by adding the drop down
    and there is less splashing inside the chamber. The carb hole I drilled now has even better
    function by allowing a very precise release of the vapor on the end of the draw. This part is
    important to me. I usually follow up the vapor intake by going further just a second or two
    and get clean air on the back end of the draw. So if I take too big of a draw, (accidently of course)
    I can regulate the draw to smooth out that big ass burst into my throat and lungs.

[​IMG]

The glass "taste pod" bowl with SS screen. I can 1 hit, or get about 0.13 in it for multiple draws.

6. Shooby

Shooby Sappfire Globs!

Me too.. I bounce around between 743 and 790 depending on what im vaping and what bowl im using. And yes. its fucking heavy!

Alexis, invertedisdead, YaMon and 3 others like this.
  7. steama

steama Well-Known Member

It is good to see more people discovering the pleasure of higher temps, I am at 740f now. Higher temps also get me much more medicated.

When others go low, I go high...or get high - both.

:ko:

Alexis, invertedisdead, YaMon and 3 others like this.
  8. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

So last night I was in a little more pain than usual.. still experimenting with the FlowerPot, I grabbed my NV scoop and two of my best herb stashes... carefully leveling a scoop (0.05g) of the dryer herbs, I spread them out covering the screen of my PanHead bowl... then I measured another level scoop from the second container, the contents were pungent, much more sticky and carefully layered over the first scoop, like frosting on a cake.. Still on 760 F the glass milked out quickly, with the ShowerHead back on it's stand I pulled the goodness deep into my lungs and held it for a bit... a slow exhale through my nose and the terps were so strong it felt as though i had just laughed ginger beer into my nose.. instant high, exceptional, love this thing! two more glass fulls and still no popcorn taste until draw number four.. a quick stir and another draw set me straight and prime for a great nights sleep.

I do't have many other vapes that allow me to layer different herbs on top of one another.. . certainly they could be mixed, but in this scenario I knew there was a good balance of vapor from both varieties.. and I received the best of both in the process. With other vapes I certainly could mix the same amount of each, but not with this access to the bowl, fast extraction and this quantity.. at least I cannot think of anything. Time to rock this thing some more! #FlowerPower! Respect! -YaMon

9. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

Gotta love on demand vaporization @YaMon !

I been hitting my WA setup with lucky 7's, may be able to go higher, I am not coming close to charring my herb doing approx .07gr loads. Still gotta give her a stir, it may just be my lungs or my rig but my ears are ringing as I post this :whoa:

Likes2vape, YaMon and invertedisdead like this.
  10. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

#highrollers club #777

Easywider, Shooby, Likes2vape and 2 others like this.
  11. muunch

muunch hotboxing the cockpit

Are you just doing one-n-done and dumping that lighter ABV?

Curious bc I always feel guilty, and feel the need to squeeze every last bit of it before dumping... Help me see the light.

12. WAM90

WAM90 Well-Known Member

It all depends if and how you're going to use your ABV. I really enjoy my ABV coconut oil before bed. I always wake up well rested and chill for most of the next morning lol.
    So I usually leave my ABV pretty light brown and don't feel guilty for it.

Also depends on your budget. I do find you can go through a little bit more material this way. But yeah, I'm a snob for tasty clouds.

Danksta and Alexis like this.
  13. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

wow has the momentum quelled in this thread! Is ANYONE doing convection dabs? Anyone have any luck like in the video I posted above from @paytonpenn with the actual SH? Or is this an OG/WA thing due to the more direct heating channel? In that video above I think he uses an EQ basket screen (or VXL cap), and cut up a bunch of mesh screens to stick in there. Quite an impressive smoke show!

Alexis likes this.
  14. goodpunk6

goodpunk6 Well-Known Member

pure genius right here! I just want a different handle. Something other than hempwick for the coil

GreenHopper likes this.
  15. Larrytargeteye

Larrytargeteye Vapin' stevens

Recieved my showerhead kit today.can anyone tell me what the deal is with the carb cap.it seems to be made from two different metals amd also didnt come with a certificate like all of the other parts,im assuming it means my cap isnt made of the same titanium?

16. btka

btka Well-Known Member

I am not doing convection dabbs... but I am curious which temps you use...

will try today the 777 f... for long time my temp was 720 now I upped to 730...
    when using 777 do I have to inhale fast for not combusting... with 730 I was always regilating my fraw speed regarding the vapor building up in my bubbler... have the fear to combust with 777...

biohacker and psychonaut like this.
  17. Alexis

Alexis Peace keeper, fun maker and 3/4 time vaporist.

Do you have a link for that bubbler please? It looks like a mini FC186 with some differences. An easier pull I imagine- smaller therefore lighter to hold, and diff mouthpiece also angled straighter so you can see the vapor more easily.

Looks like 14mm though? Im thinking of my mum mainly, as a nice hand held rig but larger than the the Black Toro.
    Thanks for any response, and it has been good to watch your satisfaction with the Flowerpot so far.

18. Likes2vape

Likes2vape Well-Known Member

The showercap is made from the same grade 2 ti as the treat of NV stuff not sure why they didn’t include the certificate probably just an oversight. 2 different metals, please elaborate not quite understanding. Like 2 different metals in the cap itself?

19. VaporWare

VaporWare Well-Known Member

Did you possibly get the older style cap? It was not titanium, and rather than a thin stepped dome it was more of a solid thick disc with channels cut into the underside and writing on the top.

If you do have the older style and you bought it new, you might consider exchanging it unless you like design better.

20. WelshBrok

WelshBrok Enthusiast from the Signus 5 Expanse

The older showercap (the ones vapefiend still have) and lollicap had SS carb caps but ti dabber I believe.

edit: oh vaporware beat me too it!

NewVape420 likes this.
  21. Larrytargeteye

Larrytargeteye Vapin' stevens

Thanks for replying everyone.if its safe and supposed to be that way fair enough but ive just paid 50 english pounds for stainless steel and that seems steep AF

22. LabPong

LabPong Well-Known Member

It is not a mini version at all (about 29-30cm tall)....but the upper part off the main body is narrower than the original. I took my chance on this one because it was from a sort of unknown or low volume dhgate seller with a very low price.

But it actually draws with little resistance and slightly chuggy and I did not like using it much with my arizer air or vapcap. So it sat in the cupboard for months. Now that I have the flowerpot....it totally rocks with the vape. Adding the drop down made it draw so much smoother and allowed for less splashing. Also it helps pretty well with keeping most of the debris out of the main water unit for extended use with cleaner water and inner walls.

The picture shows normal sized mouth piece, but who knows if you would get the same as I have?
    Here is the link.

Hogni and Alexis like this.
  23. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

@biohacker the SH works awesome with convection concentrates.

Per our conversations, I just didn't have the temp high enough. Thought about some of the temps I use for herb and referenced the temp Payton used, realized I was too low and went up to 800 + threw on the showercap since that tends to direct heat to the center of the load and it worked great.

24. Alexis

Alexis Peace keeper, fun maker and 3/4 time vaporist.

Thanks very much for that useful info. That makes sense. I knew there were various models of it at diff heights, but yours spun me with the mouthpiece design, was a little harder to see the height.
    I dont like the taller 186 with the Omnivap either. Hard work. Omni goes very well with FC-UFO though.
    Thanks bro enjoy your weekend.:tup:

Hogni likes this.
  25. Shooby

Shooby Sappfire Globs!

When I put hash in the shower head, I crank up the temp to 825 ish.

When I put cake batter mixed with my flowers in the bowl, I'm at like 800.

Otherwise, I'm doing the lucky 7s

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors