Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Baron23

I'd like to hear more about this so called "smell"
Anyone else experience this? Is it annoying?
I read something about it on Reddit a while back as well.
If it has to do with cheap coils or something, I'd like to know if there's one that doesn't smell.

Edit: @squigger What controller are you using?
All I ever smell is hot metal when the coil is heating. Hot metal.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I've never used the wrap-around, so I could be wrong, but the performance doesn't appear to be much different. IMO the appeal of the showerhead is using it without a carb cap, but as you can see many members still prefer to use it carbed (not me)

Much more even heating around the entire bowl contents, much better airflow, ability to dial temps right down :)

@NewVape710 New bowl looks great!
I just wanted to thank you for this excellent and helpful information. Very good stuff for all FP enthusiasts.

Thank you @emmdeemo :nod:

:tup:

Thanks! I do actually feel like I made a breakthrough last night in getting clouds at 'lower' temp settings on the controller. I'm still pulling 430f through the bowl so it really isnt low temps at all, but my lungs are appreciating it way more than clouds up at 650f/700f, and can now kill pretty full bowls at 560f in one lung full! Works perfectly with micro loads too.

The flavour is OFF THE CHARTS :D

EDIT: I should say that the temp charts im going to post are now influenced by this pre-heating thing. The airflow temp readings are way too variable without pre-heating as cap and bowl are also heating up while drawing and making a difference to air temp. So any chart I post is going to be with everything pre-heated for more consistent results.

EDIT2: Killing micro loads at 555f in one inhale and fucking loving it :)

Last edited:

PoopMachine

The new Ti cap transfers the heat faster to the stem for sure. I'm using the short dabber from the lollicap which makes it heat up even faster I'd imagine. I haven't tried the longer showercap stem yet, as I like the smaller profile of the lollicap stem.

:peace:

Ive mentioned this a few times in this thread... a piece to put in between the dabber and the cap to dissipate heat would be great. A small piece, male on one end, female on the other and some holes drilled in it for dissipating the heat would have to help slow down the transfer.

Using the Dnail cap on the wraparound SIC dish is even worse. That thing is blazing hot before youre done with your dab.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Ive mentioned this a few times in this thread... a piece to put in between the dabber and the cap to dissipate heat would be great. A small piece, male on one end, female on the other and some holes drilled in it for dissipating the heat would have to help slow down the transfer.

Using the Dnail cap on the wraparound SIC dish is even worse. That thing is blazing hot before youre done with your dab.
What material to use without off gassing is the million dollar question.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
@invertedisdead I thought it might be more helpful to reply to you here?

OK, so... What I've just found here is - 500f with everything preheated is 350f to 380f internal bowl air flow temp while inhaling. Damn fine guess by you there. On paper, 500f controller temp/380f air temp is about a setting 6 on a volcano. Obviously there is gonna be variation tho, especially with how accurately this meter is reading 'air temp'.

The following is all obviously stated with reference my set up so there could be major variations, but heres what I found...

With the showerhead on its stand and fully heated, put the showercap on the head and leave it for a few minutes. The controller should dip in temps about 20 degrees or so, then come back up to temp. Then, with an empty bowl, put the capped showerhead on the bowl. That should cause a 5 to 10 degree drop, if starting from cold. Leave them there for 4 minutes, and the internal bowl temp should get up to about 270f/290f. Then put the head back on the stand, capped, and load your bowl and do ya usual. Leave the cap on the head thru the whole inhale process.

It takes about 2 minutes for the bowl to cool down so you have some time to fill the bowl and still benefit from the more consistent temps a pre-heated bowl and cap provide. Even after 4 minutes of leaving the bowl to cool down (in the glass), it can be as short as 1 min to get back up to temp once the head is back on the bowl. The reheat time for a recently heated bowl is pretty quick.

At these 'low' controller temps, the bowl handle shoudnt get hot at all, and the long showercap dabber should stay cool at the end if you want to take it off. I've now had my showercap on the head for the last hour or so and its still only just warm towards the end the long dabber.

During inhale, controller temp only drops a few degrees. Flavour is LOVELY.

Fine grind and I'm getting visible vapour and multiple flavourful hits with just a small amount covering the screen.

Lemme know what results you get pls :)

EDIT: 500f pre heated, flower only, first pulls, definitely reminds of a 5 or 6 on the Volcano -

Probably also worth noting how little water I have in the D020.

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Long dabber on the new cap is fine. The shorter one def gets hot as @Stu noted, even during a pretty small dab.

I like the dabber in vertical position more so far, contrary to my initial thoughts. It has fell a few times when I got careless trying to spin it. Oh well. SOOO light. Fits awesome on the wrap around too,much more secure. I put the other caps away. I like this one a lot more. Thanks very much NV!

Went back to the wraparound tonight bc doing a lot of concentrates :nod:

It is definitely a pretty big difference after using pretty much showerhead only for a while. Much bigger clouds/faster vaporization of this stuff than I was used to... (edit: referring to oils on the SiC over the Ti. sorry)

Last edited:

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Looks like I'll be flowerpotting this weekend after all :science:
DHL tracking shows my controller is with the delivery courier :D

It's heeeerrrreeee
Jun5Y1b.jpg

Last edited:

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Woah, that is nice Pyr0! Did you get both EU and UK power supply or only one of them? I have also ordered the NVFP-approved controller and I'm in need of EU power supply. :) I hope they will deliver!
Hi @juan
Yes, I received both leads but just chucked the EU one in a drawer as it's not needed.
The UK lead is a little short, but luckily I have plenty of them from building PCs and a nice long one already on my EVO.
Seems these controllers are universal voltage - AC100-240v/50~60Hz - model DB01M

btka

Woah, that is nice Pyr0! Did you get both EU and UK power supply or only one of them? I have also ordered the NVFP-approved controller and I'm in need of EU power supply. :) I hope they will deliver!

I can not believe it my fp arrived after one month... most of the time it was in the customs... will pick it up later at the post office...

@emmdeemo will check out the low temps with preheating and so on as you mentioned it.. thanks for the sience ;)

any other usage or gneral tips...

@juan I also got both plugs with my dhgate controller...

@Pyr0 I did not get the instruction which says calibrate the kit to your enviroment... can you please make a picture of it and post it here....

Square4Life

L
Looks like I'll be flowerpotting this weekend after all :science:
DHL tracking shows my controller is with the delivery courier :D

It's heeeerrrreeee
Jun5Y1b.jpg

WOW! Congrats man! On another note, didn't you just order on Tuesday?? That is crazy that you got it so fast, if so. I ordered mine Monday around noon, and I'm just a few states over and I *should* get mine today. Anyhow, just curious. Have to let us know what your first impressions are. :)

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
L

WOW! Congrats man! On another note, didn't you just order on Tuesday?? That is crazy that you got it so fast, if so. I ordered mine Monday around noon, and I'm just a few states over and I *should* get mine today. Anyhow, just curious. Have to let us know what your first impressions are. :)
Thanks @Square4Life, I ordered everything last Saturday, the flowerpot parts from Vapefiend and the controller from DHgate.
My fingers are crossed for you ;):tup:

dadan

Hello everyone, only 5 days with my new flowerpot and I am enthusiast about it. I would have liked to participate in this discussion, during these days, but I really cannot do it, i read with extreme fatigue, too high to be able to put two words together with a common sense, also because english is not my mother language. Really disconnected from reality. It’s my fantastic FP honeymoon…
I am not used to dispense a lot of praise but with all honesty I must do my
sincere congratulations to FP’s designers at @NewVape710. I finally found something that allows me to leave combustion. Up to now the Vapir, pax 1, the plenty, the firefly 2 have never let my mind (and my lungs) to be able to not desire combustion. It is so difficult to forget 33 years of combustion, well, at this moment with my FP, i spent 5 days without even think to combustion. And I have to stop to dedicate myself combustion because I am a chronic asthmatic from always. After 5 days of FP, instead smoking, I feel much much better. I can say that FP fills your mind and lungs up, completely.

i used FP only with flowers (Somango greenhouse and Orange Hill greenhouse, autoprod.). FP dries your material in a uniform manner without hotspots. I do a light stir if surface layer becomes slightly more brown/golden then greener below layer, It happens depending on temperatures. Taste and terpenes are soo easily distinguishable, if you keep acceptable temperatures. Having a FF2 this was a really important point, cause with FF2 fiirst draws have awsome flavour!
At the moment, for my liking, 535F (on the controller) is the temperature that allows me an excellent compromise between taste, strength and number of shots to be able to do.
Increasing temperature, material lasts less (obviously), at 600F I can finish half bowl in a single shot, a magnificent experience with dense vapor, but I prefer the bowl will last at least 3 or 4 shots. I have no showercup and currently I use my space case grinder cover to give a similar effect, considerably increasing the density of the vapor. Anyway, soon I will buy the new original showercup.

@squigger Relatively to smell at 1st use, when just received.. I noticed that after having cleaned every component with ISO and after bringing everything for 10 minutes at 950F I no longer had the oil’s smell. It was, very probably, the DHgate coil.
But I have to say that every day at the first use, I have to give a burn at 950F for a few minutes and doing so, i feel a particular scent, the same that do insects when end up on those blue lamps that burn them. I suppose it is ambient powder, or something organic, that deposits during the night on the showerhead. This night I tried to keep it covered but nothing has changed, remains the same smell if taken to 950F. But it’s not a big problem for me have to wait 5 minutes to clean FP every day it before using it. I'm also that guy that cleans his glass every night.
And no smell at all when in need to carry with you your FP parts, if you clean them with ISO before…

DHgate unit cames in a beautiful box (I think that also in NV they need to start to think to a beautiful box instead of that simply plastic bags, also if this is not good for environment). EU and UK cables are included both. At this moment works well even though I have noticed that, when unit turns on, temperature tends to rise much more than the set value and then get off after a few minutes. It is always better to wait until it is lowered to the value you indicate to have good results. If I start to use FP before the temperature reported is stabilized, there is risk of not having vapor production.

I decided that I absolutely want the showercap, it seems that plugging it to showerhead, at right moment, steam becomes more dense, even for those who are not dabbing.

I love the @emmdeemo work related to the measurement of the temperature inside the bowl, I think it is of great importance for those who use the FP but also for those who builds. It's a big help for me and I follow you with great pleasure and can’t wait to see your temperature’s table. Thanks a lot for your valuable data. I will starto to preheat in order to have best results.

Last edited:

Alexis

Hello everyone, only 5 days with my new flowerpot and I am enthusiastic about it. I would have liked to participate in this discussion, during these days, but I really cannot do it, i read with extreme fatigue, too high to be able to put two words together with a common sense, also because english is not my mother language. Really disconnected from reality. It’s my fantastic FP honeymoon…
I am not used to dispense a lot of praise but with all honesty I must do my
sincere congratulations to FP’s designers at NV. I finally found something that allows me to leave combustion. Up to now the Vapir, pax 1, the plenty, the firefly 2 have never let my mind (and my lungs) to be able to not desire combustion. It is so difficult to forget 33 years of combustion, well, at this moment with my FP, i spent 5 days without even think to combustion. I can say that FP fills your mind and lungs up, completely.

i used FP only with flowers (Somango greenhouse and Orange Hill greenhouse). FP dries your material in a uniform manner without hotspots (I do a small stir if the surface layer becomes slightly more brown / golden and immediatylu below it remains greener, the taste and terpenes are soo easily distinguishable, if you do not pass at very high temperatures. Having a FF2 this is a really important point! At the moment, for my liking, 535F (on the controller) is the temperature that allows me an excellent compromise between taste, strength and number of shots to be able to do.
Increasing temperature, material lasts less (obviously), at 600F I can finish half bowl in a single shot, a magnificent experience, but I prefer the bowl will last at least 3 or 4 shots. I have no showercup and currently I use my space case grinder cover to give a similar effect, considerably increasing the density of the steam. Anyway, soon I will buy the new showercup original.

@squigger
Relatively to smell at 1st use, when just received.. I noticed that after having cleaned every component with ISO and after bringing everything for 10 minutes at 950F I no longer had the oil’s smell. It was, very probably, the DHgate coil fault.

But I have to say that every day at the first use, I have to give a burn at 950F for a few minutes and doing so, i feel a particular scent, the same that do insects when end up on those blue lamps that burn them. I suppose it is ambient powder, or something organic, that deposits during the night on the showerhead. This night I tried to keep it covered but nothing has changed, remains the same smell if taken to 950F. But it’s not a big problem for me have to wait 5 minutes to clean FP every day it before using it. After this no smell at all.

And no smell at all when in need to carry with you your FP parts, if you clean them with ISO before…

DHgate unit cames in a beautiful box (I think that also in NV they need to start to think to a beautiful box instead of that simply plastic bags). EU and UK cables are included both. At this moment works well even though I have noticed that, when unit turns on, temperature tends to rise much more than the set value and then get off after a few minutes. It is always better to wait until it is lowered to the sett value to have good results. If I start to use FP before the temperature reported is stabilized, there is the risk of not having steam produced.

I decided that I absolutely want the showercap, it seems that plugging it to showerhead, at right moment, steam becomes more dense, even for those who are not dabbing.

I love the work @emmdeemo he is doing related to the measurement of the temperature inside the bowl, I think it is of great importance for those who use the FP but also for those who builds. I follow you with great pleasure and can’t wait to see your temperature’s table. Thanks a lot for your valuable data.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and totally honest impressions Dadan. You express yourself very clearly for us to easily understand. And you have shared some very useful feedback here for others to think about. I will soon join you in some experimenting and will hope to be of similar assistance to the thread.

It is an absolute certainty that I will be joining the other members here with my own Flowerpot with in the next few weeks.
It has been a very exciting period for me following this thread and learning about the device, while I have been going through the most difficult time treating my multiple infections.

I have just over a week to go and my homoeopathy is finished for the meantime, which will be such an enormous relief and I should be in remarkably better condition all round, once I have rested and recovered from the arduous process of healing and waging War against demonic microbes and Invaders.:argh::goon::huh::\:rant::goon::):clap::rockon:

For those of you who I'm sure have grown tired of my off topic ramblings, I truly apologize and I vow to become much more of an asset to the thread, and will do all that I can to support @NewVape710 and Edwyn in every way possible, offering help, guidance and perspective to all that I can.

My excitement for this new vaporizer coming my way, which is way above what I have felt before for a new vape, has to be tempered somewhat currently due to the suffering I am still enduring and the dark clouds hovering above, but also because there is always the possibility that my unusual allergy and sensitivities could prohibit me from using the Flowerpot comfortably, even though I have no doubt at all that it is as pure and healthy and smooth a vaporizer as one could wish for.

Hopefully that shan't be the case, but I will make the best of the situation in any eventuality and continue to support Edwyn and his products.:):tup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom