Newbie - What vape do you recommend? [Europe]

DoxxGeFoxx

Hey Guys,

I am new to the vaping scene.
I smoked for almost 10 years (Cigs / MJ) recently about 7 months ago I stopped smoking tobacco.
I stopped smoking MJ 4 years ago.
I stopped smoking in general because I wanted to stop smoking and damaging my lungs. ( even tho I enjoyed smoking )

Now I want to get into vaping (only MJ and some other herbs).
8 Years ago I tried a vape (dont know the name nor the brand) it was not mine.
Plastic smell, plastic taste just not nice.

Now I am searching for like 4 weeks and found some which I might like.
My favorite was the Lobo (design wise and also from reviews I watched seemed to be the perfect fit - unfortunate not available in the EU) - only similar devices like wolkenkraft, healthy rips... all without replaceable batteries.

Tinymight 2 is also on my watch, but I don't wanna pay 300€ for a vape when I dont know if I even like it to that extend.
Also I am a bit afraid, that this might be too hard hitting one for me idk.

Also very interested in the Tetra P80s they look beautiful but I also think they are maybe a little bit too much for a newbie and hard to get hands on.

Angus also looked neat, but some ppl had problems with wet batteries??

So what I want:
- portable ( I prefer it to be portable )
- good tasting
- I don't care about getting blazed in one hit, it can take some time
- On Demand would be cool so I can take a hit and do smth else without worrying about wasting
- TC ( I think if I want to vape other herbs too it would maybe be good to have exact TC?)
- a clean pathway for the vape - no plastic - no other weird materials - prefer glass, wood or ceramic?
- something easy to use
- convection ( I looked some videos about conduction vs convection and it seems to fit my needs better but maybe I am wrong on that??)
- budget is around 150€ - 250€

Thanks in advance I hope you guys can help me :)!

(sorry for typos or grammatical mistakes - english is not my mother tongue!)

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
So what I want:
Sounds like the Roffu should be on your list as it ticks all the boxes you listed. Available at just below your budget too,

DoxxGeFoxx

Thanks man, I had seen this too!
But I didn't like the mouthpiece, so I ordered the Wolkenkraft Äris Ultra.
It's almost the same like the lobo sadly no swappable batteries but it is what it is!

DoxxGeFoxx,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
But I didn't like the mouthpiece
For future reference, you can get a glass mouthpiece for the Roffu or V3Pro,
002.jpg

XMAXV3ProGlassMouthpiece.jpg

My all glass oven/wpa/j-hook Roffu, you can buy a proper WPA but mine was cheap!
1665118620076-jpg.40698

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks man, I had seen this too!
But I didn't like the mouthpiece, so I ordered the Wolkenkraft Äris Ultra.
It's almost the same like the lobo sadly no swappable batteries but it is what it is!

I guess you'll see how you like it, they have come a long way, but it's still a plastic session vape, not going to have the vapor quality as good as something like TM (which is totally capable of going slow and low btw) though it hopefully will be better than what you remember trying in the past, unless you get a defective unit or something lol Don't forget to clean it etc before first use... And remember you want power, it's not going to be too powerful for you, it has settings to control, whatever you get, why limit yourself is my perspective when you're trying to replicate effects from combustion etc

DoxxGeFoxx

I guess you'll see how you like it, they have come a long way, but it's still a plastic session vape, not going to have the vapor quality as good as something like TM (which is totally capable of going slow and low btw) though it hopefully will be better than what you remember trying in the past, unless you get a defective unit or something lol Don't forget to clean it etc before first use... And remember you want power, it's not going to be too powerful for you, it has settings to control, whatever you get, why limit yourself is my perspective when you're trying to replicate effects from combustion etc
Hey thx for your reply.
But 300€ was just too much for testing smth I dont even know I will like to do in the future :)
I liked the clean airpath from the Äris and the Titan Chamber.
It's not really plastic from what I have seen?
Now u made a little bit unsure :/

How do you clean your vapes?

For future reference, you can get a glass mouthpiece for the Roffu or V3Pro,
002.jpg

XMAXV3ProGlassMouthpiece.jpg

My all glass oven/wpa/j-hook Roffu, you can buy a proper WPA but mine was cheap!
1665118620076-jpg.40698
This looks good didn't know this was possible.
Didn't found any "custom" mouthpieces for this device online.

dude_de

Lobo (design wise and also from reviews I watched seemed to be the perfect fit - unfortunate not available in the EU)
They Do ship to EU for a reasonable price, but sales will be added, 19% in Germany e.g.
sadly no swappable batteries
But it does have the awesome easy to clean air path.
Now u made a little bit unsure :/
Don't be. The Äris (Ultra) is a nice device and the one I go to for huge clouds through a bong. It can also go low and slow.

DoxxGeFoxx

Thanks man!
They Do ship to EU for a reasonable price, but sales will be added, 19% in Germany e.g.

But it does have the awesome easy to clean air path.

Don't be. The Äris (Ultra) is a nice device and the one I go to for huge clouds through a bong. It can also go low and slow.
the air path was why I bought it!

DoxxGeFoxx,

Shit Snacks

I liked the clean airpath from the Äris and the Titan Chamber.
It's not really plastic from what I have seen?

Cool Yeah I am not that familiar with the device but as I understand it they are rebrands from weecke? Like the Healthy Rips and POTV, so they have metal chamber encased in metal and plastic, plastic mouthpieces with inner pathways, but there could be silicone? I just don't consider them a clean experience personally with all the extra materials the way they are designed though they are easy to use...

How do you clean your vapes?

90+ percent iso alcohol, organic cotton bamboo q-tip swabs, for the metal and glass, scrub and soak... Other materials can be more complex, ceramic can be hard to keep perfectly clean depending on the finish, silicone is not all created equal just like plastic so yeah I find it much more involved to do with these chambers but it's not a big deal (glass stem as chamber and pathway is such an ideal for me)

Didn't found any "custom" mouthpieces for this device online

I'm not sure where you are looking, but JoDa AKA vaped and confused here makes and sells custom WPA, you reach out to him to order, I'm sure he can make a stem as well, but Roffu stock WPA has the ability to be used as a glass stem mouthpiece (with the custom stem it will be your chamber and mouthpiece is the difference all one piece)

Any device you want to research you should look up the thread here, then you would see all the possible accessories, although it can be a lot of reading and skimming... And not every device like the rebrands that you ended up going with have dedicated threads here

Durbandream

Considering your price range the only one I can really think of is the Roffu, but if you're looking at the TM2 you might consider just buying it since once you use it for a while it actually feels like a bargain. As a smoker one thing that's hard to break from is the immediacy of it, and the TM2 is an almost immediately ready (~5sec). Also, it's really easy to control your dosage with it, and it's so efficient that you can fully extract a small amount and still get high.

It's not the most portable vape because it's somewhat delicate but plenty of people do take it out. I got a carrying case for mine and take it in a shoulder bag sometimes which is convenient because I can prepare everything in the bag and just pop it out quickly to hit it. Flavor is great on the first hit and declines quickly with the stock stem, I can't speak for the other stems. I don't think it's great as a sipping vape anyway since the battery dies pretty quickly when you run it continuously and the convection nature involves more long work than other vapes that actually let you sip at them and still get meaningful vapor. But you can set the TM up for a 2 hit session and just get a huge, flavorful hit every time.

Greenleaf88

Tm 2 is the best bet for what u want. But the lob o is a great option if u wanna save some money even with shipping.

Greenleaf88,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

DoxxGeFoxx

Cool Yeah I am not that familiar with the device but as I understand it they are rebrands from weecke? Like the Healthy Rips and POTV, so they have metal chamber encased in metal and plastic, plastic mouthpieces with inner pathways, but there could be silicone? I just don't consider them a clean experience personally with all the extra materials the way they are designed though they are easy to use...
Got the Äris ultra today cant test it till 31.12. sadly.
But it's a titanium chamber inside of "plastic" and the air pathway is fully metal.
Mouthpiece is glass and I also got a bubbler for it.

If I like it I may go for the Angus or TM2 in some months I will see :)
Thank u all!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Got the Äris ultra today cant test it till 31.12. sadly.
But it's a titanium chamber inside of "plastic" and the air pathway is fully metal.
Mouthpiece is glass and I also got a bubbler for it.

If I like it I may go for the Angus or TM2 in some months I will see :)
Thank u all!
Hey ! I think there is a 14 days return period for all products bought remotely within the EU. So if you happen to not like it ,return it and reinvest ,rather than keep something as paperweight :) ! Good luck with your journey !

Abysmal Vapor,

DoxxGeFoxx

Hey ! I think there is a 14 days return period for all products bought remotely within the EU. So if you happen to not like it ,return it and reinvest ,rather than keep something as paperweight :) ! Good luck with your journey !

90+ percent iso alcohol, organic cotton bamboo q-tip swabs, for the metal and glass, scrub and soak... Other materials can be more complex, ceramic can be hard to keep perfectly clean depending on the finish, silicone is not all created equal just like plastic so yeah I find it much more involved to do with these chambers but it's not a big deal (glass stem as chamber and pathway is such an ideal for me)
Sad news... :(
I just contacted the customer support where I bought it.
I did clean it with alcohol and burn cycle 10 times through it without any herb, sadly it smells like plastic to me.
I wont inhale this sh**.
I hope they take it back as I did not use it.

Now I am considering the Angus OR TM2.
But in the EU I don't think you can get the latest 100W ruby version or do you know where I can get it?

Shit Snacks

I did clean it with alcohol and burn cycle 10 times through it without any herb, sadly it smells like plastic to me.
I wont inhale this sh**.

But in the EU I don't think you can get the latest 100W ruby version or do you know where I can get it?

I wouldn't fuck with the Angus, sure a lot of people like it but I thought it had awful flavor and vapor quality... Sure it might be better than the wolfenkraft (by the way did you keep the cap on when you did the burn off? It wouldn't work in that case, it would need to air out, people suggest leaving these things in the sun so the silicone can continue to cure properly etc Also could have been something with the cleaning It's a tricky thing but a lot of variables, already ruined maybe lol) but yeah also be advised how different the TM is being pure convection on demand and not a hybrid session device, but that is what helps it be so pure along with the materials, glass stem as your chamber and pathway is awesome, and it has a large steel heating element within glass...

DoxxGeFoxx

I wouldn't fuck with the Angus, sure a lot of people like it but I thought it had awful flavor and vapor quality... Sure it might be better than the wolfenkraft (by the way did you keep the cap on when you did the burn off? It wouldn't work in that case, it would need to air out, people suggest leaving these things in the sun so the silicone can continue to cure properly etc Also could have been something with the cleaning It's a tricky thing but a lot of variables, already ruined maybe lol) but yeah also be advised how different the TM is being pure convection on demand and not a hybrid session device, but that is what helps it be so pure along with the materials, glass stem as your chamber and pathway is awesome, and it has a large steel heating element within glass...
Yeah I am also super critical on the Angus but most seem to love it.
I did it with cap off and on didn't matter it smells like plastic.
And I quit smoking too keep my lungs clean.
So TM2 it will be I guess but it's so expensive I hope I will like vaping.

Shit Snacks

Yeah I am also super critical on the Angus but most seem to love it.

Right, I mean I don't like the session style, loading a fixed chamber in the device like that... I also hate the stock mouthpiece path and the stock WPA too frankly lol not a fan of the lowest temp setting, or the style, size shape etc. It certainly is a heavy hitter at least though

I did it with cap off and on didn't matter it smells like plastic.
And I quit smoking too keep my lungs clean.

Yep don't do it with the cap on in general if you are burning off, makes no sense, also it's not going to instantly neutralize, it can take a lot of time, like I said leaving it out for days, in the sun etc. You'll see a lot of different strategies in different threads for these type of mass-produced, typically China, session hybrid conduction devices, lot of silicone and plastics and who knows the quality exactly for most...

So TM2 it will be I guess but it's so expensive I hope I will like vaping.

I mean there are other options, it limits you in Europe I suppose, but that is by far my favorite product, without sacrifice, I don't use it with stock setup though, WPA through a hook or aftermarket cooling stem are ideal, something with bends and minimal obstruction, easier cleaning too... Even the stock setup though is better than most in my experience and you do get what you pay for, I like to take one hit at each setting starting really low on the dial, turning it up tiny bit by tiny bit for each hit, finishing only about midway or so, you have a full temperance dial which is really nice and removable stem chamber pathway is such an ideal as well as the full power present here with pure materials, very versatile though unique (you fully create the vapor by inhaling the hot air through the bud so you let go of the button to keep going and clear the vapor and heat fully each time, extremely efficient but a bit of manual technique involved so could be a learning curve)

DoxxGeFoxx

Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it!
As I said I hope they will take the vape back.
I am almost sure that they wont.

Shit Snacks

Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it!
As I said I hope they will take the vape back.
I am almost sure that they wont.

Yeah unfortunately I think the whole burn off and cleaning would count to them as being used... Some in America might take care of you but you can at least try to resell it as is??

Durbandream

I wont inhale this sh**.

The thing about the TM2 is you're going to put it off and get cheaper vapes until you finally decide to pull the plug, and you'll wish you'd just bought it first. Once you start using it the price actually seems low because it's so effective.

Maschine

The thing about the TM2 is you're going to put it off and get cheaper vapes until you finally decide to pull the plug, and you'll wish you'd just bought it first.
This is exactly what happened to me :)

Maybe my two cents as a daily Angus and TM2 user can help you even a bit more @DoxxGeFoxx .
I would always go for the TM2 first mostly because of the used materials / build quality with 10 years warranty, the fast heat up and less mess /cleaning. But to be honest IMO you have to spent even more money for a wpa and bubbler or at least a 3D XL stem to really enjoy the TM2.
I have a 50 Watt Angus and use it either as a sipper on low temps or to clear a bowl fast at max temp without stirring but it already was defect once and the bulb wont last forever. So although I use the Angus a bit more often around home I would always buy the TM2 first.

Top Bottom