Newbie Question - What else *should* I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulgarsnaps

I've been trolling this forum for some time now, trying to figure out whichvape to buy. I think I am convinced now to get the PD, regardless if there's a wait. (Efficiency and cost are my big choosers, I'm cheap on all levels)

However; I'm not used to the vape concept and my local head shops only carry super pricey stuff vape wise and frankly I don't know wtf I am talking about so replacement parts concern me.

So; I was wondering if anyone who owns a PD could clue me in to what common items I could buy a few of just in case *I* do something stupid.

Extra tubes is the only thing I am thinking of thus far.

Thanks for any advice.

Vulgarsnaps,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Extra tubes is all you need bro. :lol: The PD is f'n durable. Breaking a tube, or the PD itself would be pretty tough.

SpiralArchitect,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
theres realy nothing on the pd to break, the only thing id suggest is a couple extra tubes in case you lose them, but the pd is built like a tank

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Vulgarsnaps

Awesome, thanks for the re-assurance.

As a long term daily smoker (16 years), will I notice an immense difference in feel?

Vulgarsnaps,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
the difference in the high doesnt translate into words very well, but prepared to be constantly astounded at how much the pd will squeeze out of such little material, ive had mine for 5 months and im stil constantly amazed with its efficiency

your respiratory system will thank you ;)

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Ben

Vulgarsnaps said:
Awesome, thanks for the re-assurance.

As a long term daily smoker (16 years), will I notice an immense difference in feel?
but in fact, for me, there was a diffference on numerous aspects of an everydaylife; not only talking about lungs. Like being a "newborn" MJ user.

let your metabolism understand the change ...this will take only a few days ( a weeek) and you will feel unexpected things. Good things, of course. ;)

au revoir :cool:

Ben,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
In terms of replacement items for the PD, the only thing I can think of is the power supply. It's the only thing that's not made by Tom and is certainly the least reliable part of the PD "system". An advantage of having a spare power supply, as others have pointed out elsewhere, is that you can have one in another room so that you can easily move your PD.

Aside from that I don't think you'd need anything else. Even the extra tubes aren't really that necessary as you're unlikely to break one, although they could get lost I guess.

hazy,

max

Out to lunch
hazy said:
In terms of replacement items for the PD, the only thing I can think of is the power supply.
:tup:
Not only is an extra AC adapter a good backup, but having an extra (or more) makes moving the PD from one room to another easier. Instead of untangling the adapter cord, unplugging it and relocating it, just pull the cord on your PD and reconnect it to the adapter in your bedroom or whatever. '$10 with any kit' is as cheap as you can get this unit. I recently bought three of them (for extras) from the manufacturer (Jameco) and the total with shipping was slightly over $30.

Buzz-Butter is also a nice extra. The sample you get with the unit will last a very long time, but you have any other small, unfinished wood products you'd like to protect and shine up, it's a great product.

The Billy Bowls are also great. They're handcrafted works of functional art just like the PD, and you save $10 on the price when you buy with a PD. One of the PD tricks is to use a Billy Bowl to dry your herb. Put a little in the bowl and turn the PD upside down on the bowl. The PD heat will dry your herb faster. We have a maple and a redwood, and I can attest to the craftsmanship of these beautiful bowls.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom