Newbie here - Just got a Da buddha and have never Vaped. i have ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Hello All,
Hello i am a noob, just got my Da Buddha 5 days ago and that when i started vaping. i have been testing it out trying to get some of the results i have been reading about here. some people say they get 5 - 7 hits from a lightly packed wand and others say more. i have read all the temp settings on here as well... all vary as i would expect. i pack my wand and i set the temp to anywhere between 12 and 3 and with a lightly packed wand of some good stuff get 4 pulls even after stirring. i'm not a "vaccuum" puller more like an easy deep breath puller. and i do get "effects"
so i am what you call an "experimenter" so what i wanted to see is what it would take to achieve "combustion"?? i know it is bad to do that but i wanted to know what not to do and what setting will do it. i have tried turning the temp to full power and tried both pulling lightly and pulling like a "vaccuum" and still no combustion on a small amout of bud in my da buddha... am i doing it wrong or is it possible that my buddha is broken?? so how does it work???

high temp + hard pull = higher temps or is it
high temp and light pull = higher temps??

and what about low temp settings??? will a hard or soft pull achive higher temps at a low temp setting on the dial??

maybe i am way off but like i said... i am a noob

thanks
Mike

mmenzie,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
high temp and light pull = higher temps?? <-- this one

Basically a softer pull will always result in higher temp. Less air moving slower over the heater will increase the temperature. The faster you pull the higher the heater will have to be dialed in to get the same temp.

In any event I don't recommend you try achieving this for 2 reasons. 1- It'll fuck up the taste of your wand which you will have to clean with alcohol and you will have to change your tubing since you'll never get the tar smell/taste out of that. 2- combusting in a vape is the most god awful taste there is and it'll make you cough like a motherfucker.

Skunkypete,

max

Out to lunch
Skunkypete said it well, but I'll put in my :2c: too.

First of all, it's a mistake to count hits. There are too many variables, including the big question- how big is a hit? What you consider to be a big hit is a small one for someone else, and vice versa.

Think about temp and draw speed like this. If you're using the heater in your car, and turn the fan speed up, your air temp goes down, because at a faster speed, the air isn't exposed to the heating coils as long and doesn't get as hot. At the low fan speed, you're not moving as much air, but the heater has more time to heat the incoming air, so it's hotter when it hits your legs. A direct draw vape works the same way.

The DBV heater is supposed to easily go high enough to combust, but I wouldn't try it. You don't want flame and smoke in your vape. If you can turn your herb black then it'll get plenty hot enough. I'd leave it at that.

max,

Psymon

I found that packing more then a small amount = more significant vapor. The first week was disappointing.. Vaping definitly takes a little adjustment.

Psymon,

Qbit

cannabanana
Psymon said:
I found that packing more then a small amount = more significant vapor. The first week was disappointing.. Vaping definitly takes a little adjustment.
Yes indeed, packing more weed into each load is one clever trick for producing thicker hits. ;)

Qbit,

WesWeed

Something I've found with my DBV is that I constantly fool myself into vaping at higher temps than I need to. When I started using it, I'd have the dial at 1:30-2:30.

Now, a few weeks in, I barely turn it past 12 (vertical). not saying your position will be exactly the same, but the point is: vape on the lowest temperature you can get away with. Inhale as slowly as you possibly can.

Thicker vapor will come from slower hits. It's easier if you pack the wand full, but I can pack barely enough to cover the screen and still get 4-7 (quality dependent) full, milky hits out of my bong and a few lighter ones before and after those.

If you actively want to combust, turn it to 3 and inhale very very slowly. If that doesn't work, turn it to 4, wait a minute, repeat...

WesWeed,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom