Newbie Health Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

misanthrope

I've been using an IO for about a week now and already feel healthier.

There is one thing at the back of my mind bothering me though. I'm not a scientist of any kind and do not fully understand the process but when I think of vapour I'm thinking H20, is there any risk of water on the lungs?

It's probably something you get asked fairly often but I can't seem to find any info elsewhere online beyond "Vapourizing is healthier because it is". I would be especially interested to hear from any medical people or scientists out there.

I've heard of people getting water on the lungs from a conventional bong but can that happen from vaping?

One last query, I read somewhere that burning releases "anti tumour properties" of cannabis which vaping does not - please tell me this guy is talking bollocks - surely?

Thanks in advance for answering. :)

misanthrope,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i'm not a scientist either, i'm an engineer ... but there is (virtually) no water (H20) in the vapor, simply because the water is all evaporated (100C) before the vaporizer reaches the temperature needed (200C) to vaporize THC and the other cannabinoids in marijuana. That is, "vapor" does not imply water -- it is simply a state change of a substance. For example, a CO2 laser can vaporize wood.

also, it is my opinion that it is the cannabinoids released by vaporizing that has the beneficial medical effects on the body, not the tars and smoke that are produced from burning the herb. But you might want to keep searching for a more informed opinion or facts.

Hippie Dickie,

misanthrope

Thanks Hippie Dickie,

That was the info I needed. Much appreciated, I will pass that info on to all the vapour skeptics. :) :peace:

misanthrope,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom