Newbie, have a couple of questions?

Oregonnewbie

I bought a Flowermate VS.05, but my questions will probably work for my questions. I am new to smoking marijuana, and I am 2 days new to using a vaporizer. Is the smell of vapor kinda crappy? I have never used one before so I can't tell if the smell is not so great smelling. Also I am not sure if I should try and take a big hit, or just small hits. If i use my pipe I can take a hit and i am almost faded. but when I use my vape I hit 3 or 4 and I was good, but not even close to the pipe. Thanks for any info. I am just trying to get most out of the vaporizer.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The smell might be the plastic smell from a new vaporizer. I would leave the unit on at high heat and do a couple of burn offs, without using it. You could clean the unit off inside with a qtip and some ISO after the unit cools off. The new vaporizer smell should disappear after you use it a couple times with some cannabis.

We are "vaporizing" not smoking - I know a hard habit to break from saying.

The smell of vaporizing is different than the smell of smoking, it will smell better and of coarse taste better. You will want a smell proof container to hold your cannabis. Cannabis has that very distinctive aroma. The area where you are vaporizing will have a little smell but will go away quickly, unlike smoking cannabis.

I don't have a Flowermate but I would start off low heat and work my way up. Just take a few draws and wait 15 minutes to see if you think you need more. You don't need to hold the draw in any more than 3 or 4 seconds.

It may help to read through the Flowermate thread about 25 pages back, maybe the first few pages too. I'm sure you will find some useful tips.

Good luck and welcome to Fuckcombustion.

Last edited:

Oregonnewbie

The smell is a lot better. Thanks for the suggestions. In general will vaping take more hits then i pipe. I only ask because I am getting high, but it just is different. I don't seem to get as high. I take about 4 hits and im good, but its kinda hard to get high. I know my tolerance is low, but should I just smoke 6 hits or so..Thanks for the newbie info :)

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
The smell is a lot better. Thanks for the suggestions. In general will vaping take more hits then i pipe. I only ask because I am getting high, but it just is different. I don't seem to get as high. I take about 4 hits and im good, but its kinda hard to get high. I know my tolerance is low, but should I just smoke 6 hits or so..Thanks for the newbie info :)

It is different. You will get used to it....since some of the chemicals released during combustion can have an additional, more physical effect (IME), the absence of those chemicals in vapor changes the nature of the high. It's also helpful to quit smoking completely during your transition. Give your body a chance to "learn" the vapor high.

And yes, it generally takes more vapor hits to fully extract the good stuff vs just lighting it on fire. That is certainly the fastest way to use up material....but definitely not the best. ;)

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
What will make your vaporizing experience better would be to stop combusting altogether. If you stop combusting for a couple weeks you will notice a big difference in your ability to feel the medicine in a more potent way.

Fuck that combustion - put that smoking pipe away.:leaf::peace:
:)

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Having smoked for 35+ years and 25+ the good stuff ;)

Yet only vaped for a couple of weeks...

My observations are thus so far...

1. Vaporisers stink when first removed from the packaging, just like that new car smell, or freshly 'dry cleaned' tuxedo, whether you buy cheap Chinese or expensive quality mainstream. You need to do some dry run 'burn-offs', to help remove manufacturing artifacts. Even then, it takes a while to 'break in' a new vape, and truly enjoy the fresh baked taste of your chosen product.

2. Vaporisers stink... especially if you use Mary Jane and even more especially if it's skunk, but hey, burning the bud stinks, so WTH! - I had a few hits the other night before popping down the Fish and Chip shop for supper, I was gone about 45 minutes. When I came home, the second I opened the front door, I was knocked over by the stench, I even commented to the missus, wow that stinks, her reply was , "I know, I keep telling you!" - but hey she doesn't / never has smoked, so she should know!

However, this does dissipates, and there is no horrible lingering smell or fog floating like indoor clouds the next morning or even a few hours later, the missus is well chuffed, and I get it less in the neck for stinky smokiness ;)

3. The hit is different, the smell is different, the taste is different. A lot of this is down to the product used and the temp vaped.

As has already been mentioned, some of the old hit / taste / smell is because it was on fire! This created new chemicals, odors etc., these are no longer present in the vapour, so it won't taste the same, it will taste better, cleaner, purer (once you break your vape in and get used to the new found flavours).

The affect is also temp related due to what 'boiling point' certain compounds are released at, once you get used to it, you can enjoy controlling how the vapour will affect you based on your mood or desired action. It seems the lower temps give you an upbeat, happy, head buzz, that lets you crack on with things. Whereas the higher the temp the more sedative and oldschool the affect, getting you rather baked at times.

Remember vaping is not a smoking replacement, it's an alternative (a healthier, better alternative), like Tea and Coffee, one is not a replacement for the other, it's an alternative, but both contain the compound you are after!

Keep with it, and welcome to the FC community, I'm a noob myself and I have been made to feel very welcome, been given great advice, and look forward to many years of vaping ahead of me.

Edit - I forgot point 4...

4. ABV smells weird, not sure if it's good or bad, it's simply unusual and nothing like pre-vaped product! - I guess it's just something else to get used to in the wonderful world of vaping :)
This aside, how awesome is it you get to use your product twice, this is going to save me a fortune, first I get to enjoy tasty hits, then we all (even the missus) get to enjoy tasty cookies, though I can see my waste-line isn't going to thank me!

Last edited:
Top Bottom