New Vapor Study.......

quomist

Rock the Casbah
Thanks for sharing that article. I'm glad more research is being done.

Ever since I started vaping, I can't smoke anymore. Smoking has too much of a negative impact on me. My lungs hurt and my cardio goes to shit.

quomist,

hereatlast

Nice find lwien, I haven't had the time recently to stay up on vapor studies; one thing is for sure, more must be done.

I see they were using a VaperBros, kinda nice to see a study like this w/o a Volcano. I have nothing against the Cano (wouldn't ever buy one myself) its just that I've seen quite a few studies utilizing the unit, it seems to me scientific studies shouldn't standardize a particular vape as much as standardize the vapor itself.

hereatlast,

Budz Bunny

Its a great start!

Some interesting points in the study:

"Grams per day dropped marginally from pre- (M= 1.75, SD = 0.90) to post- (M= 1.46, SD = 0.71) intervention, t(18) = 1.34, p = 0.10."

"These preliminary results suggest that the vaporizer might improve pulmonary function in cannabis users who experience respiratory symptoms. Following 1 month of vaporizer use, the sample showed changes comparable to those in long-term tobacco cessation (Anthonisen et al., 2002)."

"These data suggest a randomized controlled trial is warranted. One approach may be random assignment to vaporizer use vs. smoked cannabis with a pre-, middle-, and post-assessment period
over 612 months."

"Participants were then debriefed, informed they could keep the vaporizer and paid US $40."
-admit it - you know you were wondering.

Budz Bunny,

sLug215

Budz, that did stand out to me. Sounds like a good deal, make $40 and get a free vape.

This study, although a step in the right direction, is still too small. Its near impossible to do large scale, unbiased, and realistic studies of marijuana the way it is. Please explain why cannabis is a schedule 1 narcotic, anyone? I understand the lack of S1 drugs, but for something that has large approval on a state level...can't we fix this?

sLug215,

steiner666

Serial vapist
"These preliminary results suggest that the vaporizer might improve pulmonary function in cannabis users who experience respiratory symptoms. Following 1 month of vaporizer use, the sample showed changes comparable to those in long-term tobacco cessation (Anthonisen et al., 2002)."

I can def attest to this. I quit smoking and my lungs cleared up a bit and so did my nightly/morning coughing/hacking, but i continued to smoke herb for another year and then switched to vape only and the difference this made was at least as big as the difference quitting cigarettes made (although TBH i only every smoked 4-6 a day, unless i was drinking) and it hasnt even been a year yet.

I also think that the long slow draws that i like to take w/ lower temp settings has helped train my lungs and improve lung capacity and such because i can hold my breath much longer now days.

steiner666,
Top Bottom