New vape help - Firewood 9

abcd5432

Hey everyone. I want a new vape in case my current one breaks and I like to have a backup. My new vape controller is being replaced, and all I have is my tiny might, and if that broke, I'd have nothing. Scary!

I saw @Shit Snacks has the firewood 9 and I normally just buy whatever they have lol. The other two they have are drops, and I am just too tired to deal with that.

Is the firewood 9 a good addition to having a tiny might? I couldn't find YouTube on it sadly. Reddit was kind of helpful.

I was gonna get another tiny might as I have an og, but, people keep saying it's fragile, while researching this vs firewood, which made me now want the firewood 9 instead, as I don't like things breaking haha.

Any help/assuage my current money spending splurge.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey everyone. I want a new vape in case my current one breaks and I like to have a backup. My new vape controller is being replaced, and all I have is my tiny might, and if that broke, I'd have nothing. Scary!

I saw @Shit Snacks has the firewood 9 and I normally just buy whatever they have lol. The other two they have are drops, and I am just too tired to deal with that.

Is the firewood 9 a good addition to having a tiny might? I couldn't find YouTube on it sadly. Reddit was kind of helpful.

I was gonna get another tiny might as I have an og, but, people keep saying it's fragile, while researching this vs firewood, which made me now want the firewood 9 instead, as I don't like things breaking haha.

Any help/assuage my current money spending splurge.

Hey! Highly recommend, check the FW thread and skim backwards from the end, it is a very smart effective design with a different signature from the ceramic and conduction (with full temp range, on demand heating, glass pathways and removable 18650 batteries, plus wood body too)

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I just mentioned the same thing a few days ago. I have a TM2 and am looking at the FW9 also. It's because the FW9 is mostly conduction while the TM2 is convection. Different experiences to mix it up a bit. I'll wait until 420 to see if he offers a sale.

BTW @Shit Snacks, I picked up one of these little do-dads to pair with it from RWW. Pretty cheap, and they have a good bend in it for cooling, I hope. Ever try one? I figure I'll also pick up one of the FW9 wpas.

@abcd5432, I don't think the TM2 is fragile. Mine bounded down the cellar stairs once and survived, no problem. It's because they had an inner glass sleeve that can break if the unit gets slammed pretty hard. However, my understanding is the new units replaced the inner glass sleeve with metal. I forget if it's SS or Ti. It's a prized vape so it stays home anyway. I wouldn't want to take it camping.

Shit Snacks

BTW @Shit Snacks, I picked up one of these little do-dads to pair with it from RWW. Pretty cheap, and they have a good bend in it for cooling, I hope. Ever try one? I figure I'll also pick up one of the FW9 wpas.

Oh those are common from China yeah, I have an amber 18 and an 18 male in lake green from Lamart (different manufacturer probably but the same) it is actually what first got me on hooks originally with TM!

abcd5432

Hey! Highly recommend, check the FW thread and skim backwards from the end, it is a very smart effective design with a different signature from the ceramic and conduction (with full temp range, on demand heating, glass pathways and removable 18650 batteries, plus wood body too)
I started doing that. I figured I'd start a thread since it's been a minute, and there's so much going on. It's part of your collection, so I figure I'll like it. You have good taste in vapes.
I just mentioned the same thing a few days ago. I have a TM2 and am looking at the FW9 also. It's because the FW9 is mostly conduction while the TM2 is convection. Different experiences to mix it up a bit. I'll wait until 420 to see if he offers a sale.

@abcd5432, I don't think the TM2 is fragile. Mine bounded down the cellar stairs once and survived, no problem. It's because they had an inner glass sleeve that can break if the unit gets slammed pretty hard. However, my understanding is the new units replaced the inner glass sleeve with metal. I forget if it's SS or Ti. It's a prized vape so it stays home anyway. I wouldn't want to take it camping.

Then I'd need to buy the new one, since I have the old one. I might not go camping, but I'm just dumb and break things, so durability matters. Maybe if i

That's a good point the fw9 is different, so it does mix it up.

I guess I should wait til 4/20 to see if there will be any deals and order what's on sale. That's a good point. Otherwise, I'll just bite the bullet. I just spend so much, and I never buy stuff, so feels bad lol.

BabyFacedFinster

I started doing that. I figured I'd start a thread since it's been a minute, and there's so much going on. It's part of your collection, so I figure I'll like it. You have good taste in vapes.

Then I'd need to buy the new one, since I have the old one. I might not go camping, but I'm just dumb and break things, so durability matters. Maybe if i

That's a good point the fw9 is different, so it does mix it up.

I guess I should wait til 4/20 to see if there will be any deals and order what's on sale. That's a good point. Otherwise, I'll just bite the bullet. I just spend so much, and I never buy stuff, so feels bad lol.
I didn't know if you were aware of the trade up offer that TM has available. If you send in your old model, then for a discounted price they will send you a new TM2. If you search the thread or email them, you can find out the details if you go that route. Have fun!

abcd5432

I didn't know if you were aware of the trade up offer that TM has available. If you send in your old model, then for a discounted price they will send you a new TM2. If you search the thread or email them, you can find out the details if you go that route. Have fun!
Ya Im aware, but this is more of a two is one one is none situation. But I just saw a video of the firewood. Not the function, but just the assembly. Maybe I'm a little too hype, but that thing looked way better than the tiny might from a usability standpoint. Not that the tiny might is even bad... They just did a good job.... Am I crazy or that's really just take my money? I think I'm dead set on that one now as the next order. The wpa says they are back in stock on Friday. I "need" this 😭

Shit Snacks

Ya Im aware, but this is more of a two is one one is none situation. But I just saw a video of the firewood. Not the function, but just the assembly. Maybe I'm a little too hype, but that thing looked way better than the tiny might from a usability standpoint. Not that the tiny might is even bad... They just did a good job.... Am I crazy or that's really just take my money? I think I'm dead set on that one now as the next order. The wpa says they are back in stock on Friday. I "need" this 😭

Haha yeah try to control your hype, it's not perfect, like anything it has its quirks and takes getting used to, some people it fits right away, others have to fit to it a bit first... The TM2 build is very impressive actually, fit and finish, very polished upgrade from the TM1... FW9 is a bit more handmade feeling? But it is a very impressive smart design indeed! I wouldn't worry about the WPA, there are alternatives, it's just a dyna stem with taper (I'd prefer a right angle bend stem that would keep FW upright personally)

BabyFacedFinster

I've never tried a FW9 yet, but it wouldn't be a replacement for my TM2, just another friend in the wheelhouse. Who knows how I'll take to using it, but I'm hoping to enjoy the conduction experience it provides. I hear it really shines in this regard, and the wood is beautiful.

It is looking like a bit of a pain to clean out and reload. I'm talking the bowl version because I ain't dealing with swapping out hot capsules. Still, I haven't tried it so don't know how easy it is to dump out the abv and dust it out. I'm hoping to use a small brush to clean out the chamber between sessions. There is some waiting for the thing to cool down from what I understand. There are very few videos available on the complete loading and unloading, and even less by Firewood.

The TM2 is great for ease of use. I just use the glass wpa like a straw and suck up a small amount, load it in, vape away and blow the abv out with a quick puff. Part of the magic of the TM2. Not to mention the flavor.

Shit Snacks

It is looking like a bit of a pain to clean out and reload. I'm talking the bowl version because I ain't dealing with swapping out hot capsules. Still, I haven't tried it so don't know how easy it is to dump out the abv and dust it out. I'm hoping to use a small brush to clean out the chamber between sessions. There is some waiting for the thing to cool down from what I understand. There are very few videos available on the complete loading and unloading, and even less by Firewood.

I don't think a brush would be necessary, if you empty it hot, it all comes out fully, clean and easy... It can be fully disassembled for deep cleaning, since the ceramic chamber capsule is still inside... Definitely more involved than glass stem system, that's why BAK is a really awesome alternative, if you can acquire one, but less portably sleek

BabyFacedFinster

I don't think a brush would be necessary, if you empty it hot, it all comes out fully, clean and easy... It can be fully disassembled for deep cleaning, since the ceramic chamber capsule is still inside... Definitely more involved than glass stem system, that's why BAK is a really awesome alternative, if you can acquire one, but less portably sleek
That's good to know. If I can just blow through the mouthpiece and clear the bowl then this vape and I will be friends.

Shit Snacks

That's good to know. If I can just blow through the mouthpiece and clear the bowl then this vape and I will be friends.

You can, although it is not as much of a straight shot pathway, so might not be ideal (potentially spreading condensation or missing crumbs) and the bowl is going to be quite deep so I'm not sure exactly... I always prefer to empty mind with a tool just upside down to poke spin and it falls right out easily

Top Bottom