New to Vaporizing and my brain is melting..S.O.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKuter

Greetings Gentleman,

I am new to your board and new to vaaping. I've been a serious tree lover for the past 4 years or so, but Im looking to transition away from combustion and into vaaping. This entire process is being sped up because my girl is having a surgery next week and she wont be able to use combustion during her recovery. I have been researching for about 6 weeks leading up to this and I can't make a decision and my brain is about to explode.

Background info:I have only used a vaporizer twice, both times it was a Volcano and both times were in Amsterdam. I dont know if I want to use concentrates or actual plant material. The entire process has become extremely overwhelming and at this point I just want to find something that will get us both baked for the 10days or so after her surgery.

So having said all of this, I just wanted to list some entry level products that I have seen around the internet and just get a quick poll or suggestions in to what I should buy. There are no wrong or right answers, just opinions. I know I've left this completely open, but I think that we want a desktop unit. I am putting a concentrate portable vaap because I'm just wondering if this would be a good option for us. This is my first post on any message board asking any questions about it, I really just need someone to push me over the edge and tell me to buy one.
Edit: We are looking to spend 100 or less.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Vaporit...181?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5646e87245
http://cgi.ebay.com/Metal-Forced-Ai...ultDomain_0&hash=item43a59a210d#ht_4336wt_905
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Black-V...763?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2563a1fa83
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RASTA-ECLIP...454?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aac217fc6

Thank you!!

MrKuter,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
The one in the last link is for oils & hash only, but if that's what you're using go get it.

I'm not entirely sure about the other ones, but you might want to stay away from those. They look like Chinese boxes to me so there's no telling what they're made off.

A good vaporizer for under a 100 bucks will be hard, but by the looks of what you found so far I'd suggest looking in to a Vapolution or DBV (Da Budha Vaporizer) if you're looking for something to vape herbs with.

I was just checking for blemished DBV's, but it seems 7thfloor deleted all items from their ebay store. Anyone knows what's going on there?

Oh, and welcome of course :)

edit: If you don't mind lighter based vapes I'd also have a look at the Vapo Bowl/Vapocane/Vapostar. You'll need a bong and a proper torch lighter with those to fully enjoy them, but if you already have those items then those are great yet affordable vapes to have & if you don't you'll still be able to get everything for around a 100 bucks or so, depending on what glass piece you'll choose.

OhTheAgony,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I have been researching for about 6 weeks leading up to this and I can't make a decision and my brain is about to explode.
You should take another few days to look over the popular threads in the Vaporizer Discussion section here. That will give you a good idea of what models experienced vaporists are interested in. There's a reason none of the vapes you listed are very popular here.

If you're asking for recommendations it would help if you listed specific criteria such as your current usage habits. Good luck in finding a vape that fits your needs. :)

vtac,

MrKuter

Thanx for these quick replies guys.
I am very interested in trying the oils, but never have so I am bit apprehensive about buying a device solely for that use. Is the experience of oils/hash while using a vaap a very strong high? Body or Head?

You guys are right too, trying to buy one of these items for a "cheap" price is not very easy.
I dont have a bong or anything similar, I am just a RAW rolling papers guy presently. I appreciate all the info guys, I am going to have revamp my price plans it seems.

MrKuter,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
FWIW if you are just getting started, I would say look into getting yourself a decent vape before tackling the oil realm.

Oil takes a bit more patience and is a bit more hazardous (during the making process)
Plus the high is much more intense in a quicker fashion. Take Vtacs advice and look at some of the options in the Vaporizer section.

Good luck!

AGBeer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
If you are restricted to your budget & you're a handy fellow you could also build your own Hakko mod btw. I'd just get the standard SSV heater cover & a matching bowl and affordable 10 to 12" tube to use it with, but you could just use it with a regular SSV wand & whip as well & still stay within your budget.

Here's a little more info, for starters :)

click me

OhTheAgony,

max

Out to lunch
I am going to have revamp my price plans it seems.
It's tough these days, since there are so many models to choose from, and the eBay cheapies look soooo good for the money. At the same time, it's so much easier to find the right vape for your particular wants and needs because this forum is here to answer your questions and save you from making the wrong choice. I know because I had to really dig, for quite a while, to get good info back when I was first in vape buying mode. This is by far the best place to find your info. There's no other forum with so much resident expertise, and you just have to be patient and do some reading. Read some to find out what questions to ask (vtac has provided you the correct roadmap), then you can ask them here. Then, as soon as you have more info and knowledge, you can return to the vape specific threads for more info.

You can get a good vape for about $50, but it'll be a flame powered model like a VaporGenie. To get a good, reliable electric model, you'll need to spend about twice that much. The Vapolution is a rare breed. You can get an all glass vapor path up to the whip tubing for $100, and for another $20, with the AIW bowl, it's glass all the way. This was my 'go to' vape for direct draw for a couple of years and it remains a good choice, years later. But it's not without it's drawbacks, and may not be the model for you. But you do need to set your sights higher than those eBay boxes if you want a safe, effective, and reliable model.

max,

Nycdeisel

Great advice from everyone here so far.

I also suggest finding something thats very reputable around here. and you wont need look at ebay any longer! be cautious of even buying a high quality model on ebay as you wont know if its most current model, parts, warranty, etc until its too late. do your research now as said already, and you shouldnt have much of a problem.

Nycdeisel,

technique

Its a bit pricier then you had asked for but it is definitely worth the extra bit of cash i would have thought (i haven't tried all the linked vapes), hopefully someone with more ability to compare will jump in and clear it up for you but this is a highly respected vape and only breaking the bank by about $10 from a highly rated seller if you are happy with the ebay route

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Arizer-...ultDomain_0&hash=item3f07ab65ab#ht_1307wt_944

technique,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Get something well reviewed here. Once I got something without looking and it had lead in it!!!!

Then I was an early adopter of a vape that did not live up to my long term expectations.

You are already on THE source for vaporizer information. Just do it right and get something well reviewed the first time. I've owned at least 10 vapes now and I've wasted the price of a volcano on vaporizers that I personally sold for a loss.

I'd suggest looking into log style vapes (I won't drop a brand name and be seen as biased) but that is just a personal recommendation. There is no "best" vaporizer, but for me the log vape is the best all around option for when I am at home. Magic flight when I am on the go, and I will be adding a vapor genie to my rotation shortly.

darkrom,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i find there are a lot of (seemingly) unaccountable-for variables in the herbal medication process. so i find it really helps to use reliable, predictable vaping equipment.

Most important is accurate temperature control -- that is, a vaping temperature that is not affected by the act of vaping (i.e. taking a hit). This is much more than just a knob on the front of the device to "select" the temperature (a digital display of the heater temperature is useful).

The vape should measure the temperature being delivered and automatically compensate for the dankness of the herb and the rate of air flow that tries to cool the heater -- so right away that restricts you to > $280 for a vape. i'm thinking of the Vapir NO2, Arizer Solo, and soon to be released Cloud.

The other most important factor is purity of the vapor-air path -- i.e. what micro particles does the vapor pick up from the materials it passes across: stainless steel, lead, brass, plastic, silicon, rubber, JDWeld, electronics, fan carbon brushes.

imho a glass-only vapor path is the best, so that selects the Vapolutionn with AIW bowl, and the Cloud.

Hippie Dickie,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom