New to vaping: want recommendations for a session vape to use at home

fdan

Hello peeps,

I'm quitting combusting and am buying myself a couple of vapes as a birthday gift for myself. I've already ordered myself a vapcap M for use either outside the home or if I want to take a hit or 2 and not get too medicated. To complement it, I'm looking to get myself a session vape to use when I want to partake more heavily by myself or have a friend or two joining me. Probably 95% of the time I'll be solo, and the other 10% of the time I'll be with 1-2 friends. I'm not a heavy user, and usually partake only around 1-3 times per week, using around .1 - .2 of material each time. My use will be restricted to a single small room in my apartment, so I'm thinking a desktop would make sense, although I am considering portables as well. I'm looking to spend up to 300$ (although I might be willing to go a bit higher if it's really the perfect vape) as I would like to get something high-quality that will last me a long time. My biggest two criteria are the following:

1. Durability and reliability. I do not see myself succumbing to VAS as my usage is relatively light and I'm on a grad student stipend. Therefore, if possible I would like to get a reliable vape that will last me at least 3 years, ideally more like 5+ years. I would also prefer (for obvious reasons) if it is not easily breakable, and doesn't require me to have a water pipe or anything.

2. Efficiency. I am looking for a vape that will work well if I pack it with as little as .1 or .15 grams of material, and gets the most out of my material. However, it'd be nice if it could accommodate a little more material as well if I'm with a friend or two (or at the very least is very easy to repack).

I'm looking for something that will give me high quality vapor, is mostly convection, and is easy to clean. Ease of use is also a plus, and after owning an mflb some years ago I would prefer not to have to stir in between hits!

I've been confused about what would suit my needs best, and to make matters worse I tend to obsess way too much over purchasing decisions like this. The main vapes I've been considering are the Enano and the Solo 2. The Enano seems pretty solid but I was concerned that it might be tedious to keep repacking it, especially if the glass gets hot. The solo 2 it seems like some people aren't happy with the draw resistence, although I'm not sure if this would bother me or not. I also considered the plenty, but a lot of people have conflicting opinions about whether it works well with small amounts of herb. I've even considered just trying to scrape together the 480 bucks for a volcano, but damn that is so much cash. Does anyone have any recommendations about which vape to get? I would very much appreciate it!

joker123

I think you can do better on a volcano classic than $480. Mine has been very durable, it's very easy to keep clean and produces a excellent vapor.

joker123,

Tiny88

Deluxe420
I've been confused about what would suit my needs best, and to make matters worse I tend to obsess way too much over purchasing decisions like this.

Hey There, welcome to the world of vaping! I do not have a particular recommendation... but I would add a few more items to your list before buying a vaporizer:

1) Frequency and ease of cleaning
2) Consider picking a up vape on Craigslist, if you don't like it you can always resell it (sometimes almost for the same price)
3) Additional cost of using the vape, I am not a fan of vapes like the Volcano due to having to replace the bags
4) With desktop vapes you will not have to worry about battery issues
5) Built in battery versus replaceable batteries

You may not find the "perfect" vape right away, you may need to try them out and see how they fit with your lifestyle.

howie105

I am going to suggest the LSV (or one of its kin) from 7th Floor. Powerful adaptible to various numbers of users and load sizes, built like a tank and under your price target. Nothing is perfect, so downsides are it gets warm, has no whistles or bells and you got to stir bigger loads. Good Luck

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
For around a total of $295, free shipping from @PuffItUp , you can purchase a Mighty from S&B. Check it out...many consider it the best regulated portable on the market. And I believe you can use it as a AC powered desktop also.

Welcome to FC!

Fat Freddy,
Reactions: sativasam

subway13029

Mighty is best hitting portable imo that checks your boxes like no stirring and mostly convection. Solo 2 prolly good too but it also requires loading glass stems and the mighty is just so damn smooth..

virtualpurple

Evic Tubo is hands down what I would pick. It is a portable that functions like a desktop. Huge vapor production, super easy to clean, and it only gets better with every new firmware release.

Definitely best with a long stem or through a whip when dry, but plays great with water as well!

To me this vape is a juggernaut. Great for micro doses, macro doses, or mega doses. It cooks very evenly and extracts completely.

And with the cruise mode, it's stupid simple for anyone to use. You can just start the cruise mode and start passing around!

virtualpurple,
Reactions: Morty

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Since nobody mentioned it yet. You should look into the log vapes, Underdog logs , Toasty Top and HI,and also the marvelous Ed's TNT Woodscents ,which also happen to work with the vapcap stems,and you already own one,so it would be a cool choice too .
Logvapes meet most of your criteria :
1.Most of them have lifetime warranty or a very long one + repair is cheap. I have a first generation Aromazap which is still in working condition i think it is around 20-25 years old...
2. Most efficient vapes ever,they can deliver monster clouds from a pinch.. I have yet to see a vape that can get me higher from the amount my logvapes do.
Edited...
I just that i somehow missed that you were considering an e-nano,i just want to let you know that the main difference between the nano and the other log vapes is that it uses 110v compared to 12-15v :)

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
A log vape and a vapcap and you should never regret your smoking times

I have a trick for anyone wanting to shift from smoking to vaping looking for high probabilities of success, a hard trick

Starts a t-break as soon as you stop smoking, have it lasting a week or more (me was 3months with only mintleaves or camomille flowers as distraction)
Then have a solo/vapcap/log session, epiphany should come. For me was SMOKE IS A POISONOUS SHIT: Pavlov reflex associating smoke and pleaasure was erased, never smoked once again, not even to try or share a J with friends, If I have not my tools I prefer to stay sober...when I meet someone just after a cig I have troubles to stay near him/her because of cold smoke smell.. luckily I have not to experiment it again (my lady stops smoking before me) but I think I would have a lot of problems kissing her (in the 10 minutes after a cig) if she smokes again

FUCKCOMBUSTION(.com) is the way :)

little maggie

Just going to repeat what others have said since you have the M already ordered which takes care of butane. If you want a portable I agree with the tubo. It's newer and not as well known as some of the vapes made by bigger companies.
And a log vape. I have most of the logs and prefer the underdog and especially the HI. Lots of people will recommend the enano. It really doesn't matter- they are all good and virtually unbreakable. They will last longer than your 5 years. I don't know what you meant about needing to keep refilling. I do microdose but there's plenty of room in any of the log stems to last even when sharing. Underdog just came out with a log that has a larger stem.

There is no reason to spend a lot of money on a volcano. Others that I have and like that last a long time are the vapor brothers and the arizer eq for plug in and the solo, milaana for portable. We all have our favorites and you can spend over $500 on some models. I would recommend, given your current budget, that you aim for a "good enough" vaporizer that will meet your needs, work well and last until you're out of school and longer. But then it's all a matter of taste. I drive a Honda Fit while most of my friends have more expensive cars so this is all based on my biases.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Our personality types contribute to the ceremony we perform, which of course influences us on how we view the vape. It's very personal. Two people using the same vape can have opposite opinions on them. But, I'll toss out my experience into the mighty chorus of opinions. :)

I have found that the Underdog and HI log vapes each offer me enough diversity of stem options that I can change up my ritual easily without reaching for another vape. A standard glass bowl can handle tiny loads that barely cover the screen, or deep bowls that will really floor you and even let you pass the stem around with friends. It's hard to do a log vape wrong, too. So then there is also the stainless steel tips that go inside the heater port, which is why I recommend these two brands of log vapes over the others, though the other log vapes each have their own perks. But anyway, these tiny little bowls are pretty cool! Sometimes I want to use them to milk my bubbler really fast and then toss...or I go lower temp and only half fill it, sipping on it. I never thought I would like such a tiny bowl, but sometimes I do.

When considering a vaporization device, think about versatility. You may not care now about it's connection to water pipes now, but you may later...I use my bubbler dry and it's essentially a weird stem, but the vapor is so smooth even with no water.

You mention convection and no stirring. In my experience the session vapes with convection need to be stirred, while those that use conduction or hybrid don't need to be stirred. Though, there's some new portable that is being hyped as instant convection with no stirring. The Ghost or something like that. One button control and no screen but instead three flashing lights all throws me off, though.

Out of your choices, I would recommend the enano but with the side note to look into underdog or HI (can get a super affordable bamboo one!) that will be able to use more stems than the enano (no stirring with the one hit ss tips). Also, you will have to stir the enano or any of the logs usng the glass stems. But you don't have to pack the stem too many times most likely, unless you pack it too lightly. Slide your screen deeper and the load is further from the heater and you can load even more buds in there. Tada.

fdan

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! After putting way too much time into researching my options, I finally decided that a log-style vape would suit my needs perfectly, and pulled the trigger on an e-nano. I also changed my mind about water filtration (lol) and am going to order a cheap water pipe, just so I can try it both ways. I am so excited to own my first desktop vape and also to conserve the hell out of my remaining 3g of material (good material is not easy for me to come by) :)

howie105

Hello fdan. Good choice on the vape. A heads up on the adapter for your bubbler, some of the recent 14.4 ones are/were a bit out of specification (too large) and fall way too low on the heater cover to be of use. However the 18.8 size adapters I purchased at the same time works fine. Good Luck

howie105,
Top Bottom