New to vaping - How is this for a starter setup?

bltkmt

When you say the V3 works with little doses, do you mean you don't completely fill the chamber sometimes?

I have around 30 vapes, and am getting more lol. Each device is a unique experience, especially when you get into the world of artisan vapes, and as they say variety is the spice of life. I have vapes i use at home, vapes i use on the go, and vapes i use only on special occasions. Its not just utilitarian to me, its a hobby, just like how some people collect baseball cards or model trains.
Yeah I guess I understand that. I collect flashlights and have similar feelings about them.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Question for the crowd - why have more than one device? I am quite happy with my V3Pro and don't see using anything else.
I like a vape for all occasions, microdosing, macrodosing, vapes for at home and vapes for on the go, vapes for herb and vapes for concentrate, for taking the edge off or blasting off, speedy Delivery or slow session. each one offers a unique experience and signature, some I like better than others, some I've yet to try.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
So with all said and done, the Solo 2 is out for delivery today. Do I keep it for a long session / sit on the couch for hours or is it going be in a drawer the day after the TM arrives?

I AM still getting the v3 pro and the FW7 could happen one day too.
Don't even open the Solo II: it'll be a more polite return that way at least.

Like I said in my first post to this thread: fuck a Solo II. It's an old vape with a slow, weak heater and a design that's not very portable. It also has annoyingly tight draw resistance and glass screens in the stems that clog quickly. You can finish a bowl in three big hits from the TM in the minute it takes a Solo II to heat up. That same size bowl would take you eight to twelve wispy, restricted hits to finish in a Solo II, which means more hot air and more throat irritation

Last edited:

Trackrat

Like I said in my first post to this thread: fuck a Solo II. It's an old vape with a slow, weak heater and a design that's not very portable. It also has annoyingly tight draw resistance and glass screens in the stems that clog quickly. You can finish a bowl in three big hits from the TM in the minute it takes a Solo II to heat up. That same size bowl would take you eight to twelve wispy, restricted hits to finish in a Solo II, which means more hot air and more throat irritation
I agree with the bossman. Once you get the tm, chances are you will never use the solo except to use it only when the blue moon is out, and the stars are aligned with Mars. And to justify the money you spent on it. Trust me, I know. Send it back . Unopened.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
IDK, my Arizer Air has kinda become my guilty pleasure vape, and I’m used to some pretty powerful convection hitters.

I wouldn't discount it completely, when realistically, the Solo has converted more people to vaping than probably any device listed here.

I finally realized I was using it wrong all those years, trying to draw way too hard. With the right grind (I personally break down by hand now with this one) and a soft draw it’s really not too uncomfortable at all. I find the whole experience very analogous to a joint.
Also, it’s gotta be one the easiest devices to clean. Build quality still looks basically new and I’ve had it since 2014. Battery life is excellent on the Solo considering the total runtime. I think the MiniVap is one of the only devices with more runtime.

I think these vapes have a place for a slowed down session. If you’re trying to get stoned in 10 seconds it’s not the right choice, at all.

But don’t get me wrong, I would still want a convection powerhouse (cordless or desktop) to go with it as a main device. It wouldn’t be my daily but I don’t think they’re completely useless. TBH I’ve sold some of the devices mentioned here and kept the Arizer. And yes partially because it’s not worth anything, so instead of getting $50 for it it’s a fun little blue-mooner. If I had a TM would I still use the Air? IDK, hard to say, but I usually reach for the Arizer when I’m bored of the big convection rips.

Hemper

I agree with the bossman. Once you get the tm, chances are you will never use the solo except to use it only when the blue moon is out, and the stars are aligned with Mars. And to justify the money you spent on it. Trust me, I know. Send it back . Unopened.

I had the return authorization before I even got the email telling me it was delivered.

So, back to my original post.. "how did I do...?" .. Well, except for the SCS, I am returning literally everything I selected :evil:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I had the return authorization before I even got the email telling me it was delivered.

So, back to my original post.. "how did I do...?" .. Well, except for the SCS, I am returning literally everything I selected :evil:

Yeah also for what it's worth as someone else said, brilliant cut grinder is so well worth it, I detest SCS and SLX now honestly lol

Shit Snacks

BCG looks sweet. The wait doesn't. Maybe one day.. and/or a Ripper

Yeah my point is, it is well worth the wait, it's just a grinder so you use what you have until it shows up, and then you get rid of what you have because it's better than anything else lol it seriously ruined me for all other grinders of this type, sure it is great that it does have magnets, very high quality aluminum, super beautiful design and colors, but the biggest selling point is the side teeth in the lid that prevent it from ever locking up, literally no jam up no matter how dense moist sticky the herbs, even without any cleaning... I have two regular size BCG and a large, pretty much decided I will be getting yet another haha (Flower Mill is cool too!)

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
sure it is great that it doesn't have magnets

Actually no threads. :-) Beside that I absolutely agree – the BCG did the same for me for grinders that the Tinymight did for vapes: it totally killed any acquisition syndromes. I am always super interested to see what's new (both grinders and vapes) and love to test new stuff when I can, but having those two items at hand makes you look at things a bit more... relaxed. :-)

Shit Snacks

Actually no threads. :-) Beside that I absolutely agree – the BCG did the same for me for grinders that the Tinymight did for vapes: it totally killed any acquisition syndromes. I am always super interested to see what's new (both grinders and vapes) and love to test new stuff when I can, but having those two items at hand makes you look at things a bit more... relaxed. :-)

Ha thanks, typo yeah
I have not conquered the acquisition syndrome, because it is a distraction mechanism...

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Man you went ALL IN on vapes. Question for the crowd - why have more than one device? I am quite happy with my V3Pro and don't see using anything else.

I have a large number of vapes, as you can see in my signature. As others above have said, each one offers a unique experience. Sometimes I'm in the mood for one kind of vape, and sometimes another. I would hate to have only one.

Robert-in-YEG

I'm relatively new to vaping. I've been vaping for a few months.

I have a Solo II. I like as a slow sip device. If not packed carefully, the Solo II is difficult in terms of airflow; don't overpack. There is a ton of great information on this site. Use the search or read at random; there is just so much interesting stuff.

I'm not familiar with the Davinci.

When I want the maximum psychoactive effects, I fill my Starry V3 and run three sessions at 380. I used to go higher, but have since decided that 380 was what worked for me.

I'm sure you've made good choices. One small vape to put in your pocket, and a portable to use around home.

Robert-in-YEG

“The best research you can do is talk to people”
- Terry Pratchett

Top Bottom