New to vaping - How is this for a starter setup?

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
the tinymight does have internal glass parts and if you dropped it on a tile or hardwood floor you could break the glass but I've dropped it a couple times on carpet with no problems, in fact one time I had it on my lap any I got up in a tremendous hurry and the tinymight went flying 8 feet across the room and hit the carpet with a thud but all was fine. its definitely possible to break your tm but that is true for any vape and you can buy spare tm parts to be able to fix it yourself if the worst happened. fyi the tm also has a 10 year warranty for any defects or unexpected failings that aren't the result of user error, and tm pays shipping back and forth for warranty

im not a robot

@Hemper probably also a good idea to look more into the differences between convection (tinymight) vs hybrid / conduction (firewood 7) when deciding between these two. personally i favor the vapor from the fw, but i do love my log for convection, and the tm is also a great convection device.
apart from that id say the firewood is considerably more pocketable (retractable glass stem), but more involved when reloading. with the tm you could just suck whatever amount you carry through the stem to reload, with the firewood you need some steady hands to refill the chamber. dosing capsules are not a great idea with either one i think, but they can be used (i only tried with the tm).

Trackrat

This has been discontinued, but if you ever find a splinter for sale, do not hesitate in buying one ( at a fair price ). I consider the splinter as "the working man's vape." To me it's kinda like a portable desktop vape and hard hitting at that . Does anyone know if unklmark is selling any from Ryan's stock. I know fearandlawyering has some for sale. You will need a box mod. This makes an excellent addition to anyone's collection and has good resale value.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This has been discontinued, but if you ever find a splinter for sale, do not hesitate in buying one ( at a fair price ). I consider the splinter as "the working man's vape." To me it's kinda like a portable desktop vape and hard hitting at that . Does anyone know if unklmark is selling any from Ryan's stock. I know fearandlawyering has some for sale. You will need a box mod. This makes an excellent addition to anyone's collection and has good resale value.

Just hit Mark up, to see what he can offer, I think mostly he is mutating with whatever parts were in the giant RBT box he got...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: danjens

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah I love the Splinter and Splinter Z for a home use portable but @Hemper is still making the switch to vaping and has repeatedly talked about vaping out as a priority.

A Splinter is too fragile and awkward to fit in a pocket and the initial setup (box mod selection, firmware updating, profile settings for TC etc.) is an unnecessary hurdle with options like the TM that just have a simple button-and-dial interface. Even if I sold Hemper one of my fully setup Splinter V2s he'd still need a V3 Pro for all of his leave-the-house use cases. He'd also need to get in line ordering $30 stems from Vlad since you can't even buy a 19/19 XL8R cooling stem anymore.

I mean I agree with @Trackrat that Splinters are great performers, it's just that the secondary market is asking too close to Tinymight money for a wizard wand vape that ideally would never make it passed the front porch. That and the modular, some-assembly-required nature of a 510 heater make it a poorer choice for the OP I think.

Here's a size comparison pic. @Hemper, the spiked glass Splinter stem is seated in a ground glass joint that is very fragile. The stem sitting next to the TM is its included short stem (which contains the stainless steel cooling unit that is my only real objection to the TM design) and the Tinymight has a 18mm wpa in it because I mostly use it two handed at home with a j-hook (not pictured). You might like the TM j-hook setup because the hook is like a pipe and the TM is like a pipe lighter you only pop on while you're hitting it.
PXL-20211101-141943989-2.jpg

Last edited:

Hemper

Yeah I love the Splinter and Splinter Z for a home use portable but @Hemper is still making the switch to vaping and has repeatedly talked about vaping out as a priority.

A Splinter is too fragile and awkward to fit in a pocket and the initial setup (box mod selection, firmware updating, profile settings for TC etc.) is an unnecessary hurdle with options like the TM that just have a simple button-and-dial interface. Even if I sold Hemper one of my fully setup Splinter V2s he'd still need a V3 Pro for all of his leave-the-house use cases. He'd also need to get in line ordering $30 stems from Vlad since you can't even buy a 19/19 XL8R cooling stem anymore.

I mean I agree with @Trackrat that Splinters are great performers, it's just that the secondary market is asking too close to Tinymight money for a wizard wand vape that ideally would never make it passed the front porch. That and the modular, some-assembly-required nature of a 510 heater make it a poorer choice for the OP I think.

Here's a size comparison pic. @Hemper, the spiked glass Splinter stem is seated in a ground glass joint that is very fragile. The stem sitting next to the TM is its included short stem (which contains the stainless steel cooling unit that is my only real objection to the TM design) and the Tinymight has a 18mm wpa in it because I mostly use it two handed at home with a j-hook (not pictured). You might like the TM j-hook setup because the hook is like a pipe and the TM is like a pipe lighter you only pop on while you're hitting it.
PXL-20211101-141943989-2.jpg

Thanks for that size comparison @bossman . As you mentioned yes I am looking for a highly portable device. But for my primary use I am simultaneously looking for a home portable. I initially targeted the Solo 2 for this., which I expect will be delivered in the next 1-2 days. It can be returned without issue if the FC community continues to give me info that is moving me in that direction.

From the feedback I am getting it seems the TM could make an almost ideal at home device for me. The only hesitancy I have is its fragility. The FW7 could fill this role too, but seems a little more quirky / less intuitive to use and maintain.

I have also decided to get the V3 Pro once it becomes available. Seems to be about the size of a large cigar tube. For $100, it looks promising enough to give a try

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Yeah, the V3 Pro seems not bad at all, especially when looking at that nice price tag.

I wouldn't overthink the fragility aspect of the TM too much; I have dropped my TM multiple times and after two years it still works perfectly. It has some glass parts that could in theory break (and we saw it happening too), but those fragile parts are offered as spares should that happen. The TM is actually a pretty sturdy device.

Hemper

I am fairly new to vaping as well and have had a Davinci IQ and now a V3Pro. The taste and ease of the V3Pro is a revelation compared to the conduction Davinci.
I got a Davinci Miqro a couple days ago. Kinda frustrated with it honestly.. The battery life is weak, the hits are wispy and I can't get past a mild-moderate buzz with it - just like everything I read about it before I bought it :bang:

Other than the form factor, my Fury 2 is better than it in every other way. But.. I just ordered a TM so this is all just a temporary setback

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I got a Davinci Miqro a couple days ago. Kinda frustrated with it honestly.. The battery life is weak, the hits are wispy and I can't get past a mild-moderate buzz with it - just like everything I read about it before I bought it :bang:

Other than the form factor, my Fury 2 is better than it in every other way. But.. I just ordered a TM so this is all just a temporary setback

Yeah sorry, DV is good people, they may be able to exchange it for you? If you want to try the IQC instead... I think my IQ2 is very nice for a session conduction portable, I use it occasionally whereas I never use my fury anymore, much better flavor despite being full conduction without hybrid convection in play at all... Anyway yeah you are going to be all set with the TM my man! xmax v3pro will then replace your fury for the budget basic out and about option :tup:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Excellent choice with the Tinymight. Don't forget it's even better with the all glass vapor path of a wpa and j-hook or bubbler. The steel cooling unit clogs fairly quickly and will need regular cleaning with heavy use. Some folks take some of the nuts and washers out of the middle while others fill a stem with glass beads. I only use the included short stem when I'm out

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
if you hadn't yet I was going to suggest looking at the brilliant cut grinder.

Hemper

if you hadn't yet I was going to suggest looking at the brilliant cut grinder.
I did :D and might go for it one day, but not wanting to wait 5 weeks right now

Vaporware

The Flower Mill is another grinder/mill worth looking at!

I think you made a good choice with the TinyMight. The FW7 was a better fit for me, but I already have other stuff that’s more similar to the TM or it would have been a harder decision. :)

Hemper

So with all said and done, the Solo 2 is out for delivery today. Do I keep it for a long session / sit on the couch for hours or is it going be in a drawer the day after the TM arrives?

I AM still getting the v3 pro and the FW7 could happen one day too.

Hemper,

Vaporware

That’s really up to you. You already have a session conduction option, but if the Solo seems more like what you want it may be worth a try. It’s probably worth keeping one if you like them.

I prefer convection heaters (like the TM) overall, but conduction can bring a bit more of a heavy feeling with less vapor in my experience (possibly because it’s cooking off more of the cannabinoids that vaporize at higher temps?). That’s what still makes me reach for the FW7 (hybrid heater), VapCap or even occasionally Ascent at home despite having a heavy hitting almost pure convection desktop available, but I do use both.

Those differences are noticeable to me with just like 1-3 draws, so someone with a higher tolerance may or may not notice them. At higher doses it probably balances out more, and I’m not sure everyone would even notice a difference in effects at all.

Vaporware,

Hemper

Lots of good advice in this thread!
Yes! It looks like I am possibly going to move on from everything I selected, except the SCS. :rolleyes:

After I ordered a TM last night I ordered a XTAR VC4 to replace the 2 bay Nitecore and added a few Molicel 18650s
I am getting a V3 Pro as soon as available
Still considering the FW7 and maybe even the IQC for future purchases. I do really like the shape / form factor of the Davinci lineup.

David Root

I have the V3 Pro. Love it. Makes good clouds. Can get HOT.
Battery is good for longer than I expected.

It takes dosing capsules that hold ,09 to .11 grams.

Pre fill, drop one in and enjoy. Done? Dump it out on a good surface, drop another in and keep going. The second one is
bigger because everything is already hot.

I have a Crafty + Its just simple and works. Good clouds, battery lasts about 5 bowls.
Holds .25 or .15 in Dosing capsules. Gets hot enough for me.

David

David Root,

bltkmt

Man you went ALL IN on vapes. Question for the crowd - why have more than one device? I am quite happy with my V3Pro and don't see using anything else.

bltkmt,

kokolokokolokon

I find dynavap + v3 is a great "cheap" combo.
Dynavap has heavy hits, perfect for smokers transition (i was a heavy smoker), great vapor, good taste, budget, easy to clean, non electric (ih option), heavy effects, work with little doses, It is on demand

V3 has a smooth hits, great for on the Go, good vapor, great taste, budget, easy to clean, removable 18659 batteries, good effects (not heavier than dynavap), work with little doses, It has on demand Mode

This is my opinion and this comment is about "low cost" gear, not endgame gear.

kokolokokolokon,
Reactions: Razhumikin

Razhumikin

Man you went ALL IN on vapes. Question for the crowd - why have more than one device? I am quite happy with my V3Pro and don't see using anything else.
I have around 30 vapes, and am getting more lol. Each device is a unique experience, especially when you get into the world of artisan vapes, and as they say variety is the spice of life. I have vapes i use at home, vapes i use on the go, and vapes i use only on special occasions. Its not just utilitarian to me, its a hobby, just like how some people collect baseball cards or model trains.

Top Bottom