New to the board, with a story/superior AVB ghee procedure

So I just wanted to give my two cents on cannabutter made with AVB. I have made regular cannabutter, some was "ehhh", some was trash, and no batches ever really had the storied "narcotic/hallucinogenic" effect i have read so often on experiences on message boards. MY girl bought a Vtower last month, and we were left with about an ounce of vaporized AAA strains...mainly Green Grack, Head Band, & Violator and OG Kushes. I also Had maybe 5 grams of bag shake from some of the headband.

I agonized over running up the street to buy an $80 crockpot, but in the end i figure dilligence in preparation is just as good, so i went ahead on the stovetop tip. Combined the 35 grams plant matter with 3cups of boiling water from a kettle into a heavy saucepan. added Just over 1/2 cup clarified butter. Wait till the temperature, which I use a candy thermometer to measure, drops to 100F, then turned my stove on to low. then i let it simmer uncovered for 22 hours, stirring and adding 1 cup ice cold water every time i saw the water level drop too low. I never allowed the temperature of the mix to get abot 150F, usually tweaking the stove tso it stayed about 120F.

Cooled mixture, strained plant material, solidified butter and drained nastyass water. I then re-melted the butter on low. began to cook off some of the remaining water trapped in the butter, which is important as you dont want extra nasty smelling and tasty liquid in your food. just watch it SLOWLY heat and tiny bubbles/steam will fill the air.

You are now ready for my secret ingredient...soy lecithin, either liquid of granular. 2 big-ass tablespoons will do. mix it very well into the butter-only mixture.

i used the resulting 1/2 cup of dark brown/green oil into a boxed cake mix that called from 1/2 cup veg oil, and baked the cake at 50F less than the directions on the box, just kept checking till i saw it was done...maybe 10 minutes longer than the box.

I smoked at joint around the time the butter was ready, 8pm. I licked the spoon around 830...started feeling...something....ate a LARGE slab of cake around 925.....1030 feeling lightly buzzed...11pm pretty stony..sleepy...

Then i wake up at 5 am laughing hysterically. my GF is not impressed, but i dont care. pretty much more stoned than i have ever been on pot since high school. like "take a shower sitting down and laughing" high. Its 9 AM and im still all wonky.

so yeah, just wanted to share what i think made this batch a success. the LONG and LOW cooking time and temp, and the RE-Melting of the final butter and adding that soy lecithin crap. it works. wow.

DutchMaster,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
Dude are you sure those temps arent in celsius? I don't think 150f would be enough to get all the goodies out of it. I just boil some water, throw in some butter and abv and let it boil for like 3 hours replacing liquid as i need too and that works pretty well. Why do you add soy lecithin though?

wowthisisrandom,

mainah

Terry Carter
soy lecithin helps your body to absorb and convert the thc much more efficiently. it enhances the buzz quite a bit. i can attest to that!
:2c:

mainah,

mainah

Terry Carter
by the way, thanks for sharing the recipe. temperature wise i believe a long period of time at a low temp like 150F is a very effective way to decarboxylize the cannabis. this serves to convert inactive thca to active thc without any danger of releasing any valuables into the air. it also enhances the buzz considerably and allows the use of much less herb to be successful.
:peace:

mainah,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
ok...I'm sold this technique covers tons of bases when it comes to extracting the goods. But my question is, if you used it all on one cake then is it possible you ate 1/4 worth of weed in that piece of cake? Because taking in 1/4 in one sitting would pound me every time!

stickstones,
Top Bottom