New to concentrates

Madtater

So, i am a newb when it comes to concentrates.

I don’t smoke a lot of flower because every time i do, i feel great for about 20 minutes then i feel like i am ready for another round. That is why i have stuck to mostly 510 carts. They are easy, no mess, and depending on the size of the hit i take can last for a couple hours before i feel like another round.

So yesterday at the dispensary while i was picking up another GMO cart for me and the wife (we love it to sleep at night), i got talking with the person behind the counter about concentrates.

Well, i ended up getting a puffco plus and .5 of caramel cream wax. Couldnt wait to get home and try it. Charged the puffco and I did what the guy told me and started out slow with a small amount…used the scoop to get about a grain of rice into the chamber. Double tapped the button for sesh mode on the highest temp setting, got a nice hit and a half. Felt pretty good for about 15 minutes and felt like i wanted another round. So i did another. Same thing. Did a third and then stopped. And went back to the 510 cart of star kush.

Am i missing something? I had covid a couple weeks ago, so i cannot comment on taste as it is still jacked up, but i have been scared of trying concentrates because of how strong i was told they were, but this was kind of lack luster.

Am i doing something wrong? Am i using the wrong type of concentrate? I guess i was expecting a longer feeling than what i got because of the strength, but that was not my experience.

I am just wondering if i am doing something wrong. I am not looking to get blasted, but i like a nice body tingle when i am chillin. The guy told me that some concentrates do that. Could it be the caramel cream wax just wasnt my thing?

I am confused

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So, i am a newb when it comes to concentrates.

I don’t smoke a lot of flower because every time i do, i feel great for about 20 minutes then i feel like i am ready for another round. That is why i have stuck to mostly 510 carts. They are easy, no mess, and depending on the size of the hit i take can last for a couple hours before i feel like another round.

So yesterday at the dispensary while i was picking up another GMO cart for me and the wife (we love it to sleep at night), i got talking with the person behind the counter about concentrates.

Well, i ended up getting a puffco plus and .5 of caramel cream wax. Couldnt wait to get home and try it. Charged the puffco and I did what the guy told me and started out slow with a small amount…used the scoop to get about a grain of rice into the chamber. Double tapped the button for sesh mode on the highest temp setting, got a nice hit and a half. Felt pretty good for about 15 minutes and felt like i wanted another round. So i did another. Same thing. Did a third and then stopped. And went back to the 510 cart of star kush.

Am i missing something? I had covid a couple weeks ago, so i cannot comment on taste as it is still jacked up, but i have been scared of trying concentrates because of how strong i was told they were, but this was kind of lack luster.

Am i doing something wrong? Am i using the wrong type of concentrate? I guess i was expecting a longer feeling than what i got because of the strength, but that was not my experience.

I am just wondering if i am doing something wrong. I am not looking to get blasted, but i like a nice body tingle when i am chillin. The guy told me that some concentrates do that. Could it be the caramel cream wax just wasnt my thing?

I am confused
The oil in your 510 cart is a form of concentrate. If it is "distillate" is may be even 'stronger' than the wax, hit for hit. Take a look at thc percentage on the packaging.
Concentrates is a very widely-assigned term and a big world.
Here's a concentrate for noobs thread. You might skip ahead a couple of years from the original?

My own "cut to the chase" experience is limited, but I really like live ROSIN carts (not resin) or rosin in dabbing form. No solvents used in producing it, nothing added to it. It is generally a fair bit more expensive than any of the other concentrates.

Madtater

The oil in your 510 cart is a form of concentrate. If it is "distillate" is may be even 'stronger' than the wax, hit for hit. Take a look at thc percentage on the packaging.
Concentrates is a very widely-assigned term and a big world.
Here's a concentrate for noobs thread. You might skip ahead a couple of years from the original?

My own "cut to the chase" experience is limited, but I really like live ROSIN carts (not resin) or rosin in dabbing form. No solvents used in producing it, nothing added to it. It is generally a fair bit more expensive than any of the other concentrates.
Ya, maybe i need to do a different concentrate.

I have seen and read that concentrate thread, but my experience is probably not typical. I just didnt know if it was a vessel problem, a concentrate problem, or as you said maybe my tolerance is a bit higher because of the 510 carts i enjoy are a form of concentrate.

I will agree with you that the live rosin carts are pretty nice. Maybe i should try a live rosin or live sauce concentrate instead of a wax.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Maybe i should try a live rosin or live sauce concentrate instead of a wax.

Yeah, and wax doesn't even mean anything, the categories aren't clear-cut and different places use different terms... Wax is not really descriptive at all for a type of concentrate (there are also a lot of variables with an e device for dabs, I'm much prefer torch with banger and nice recycler, get the most out)

Madtater

Yeah, and wax doesn't even mean anything, the categories aren't clear-cut and different places use different terms... Wax is not really descriptive at all for a type of concentrate (there are also a lot of variables with an e device for dabs, I'm much prefer torch with banger and nice recycler, get the most out)
I still need to get a banger for my influx….havent even used it yet because i don’t have one.

The puffco plus was just there, so i grabbed it. I am gonna try a bit more than the size of a rice grain tonight and see if that helps.

And you may be right about the concentrate. I am looking for some live rosin as i type this. See how that goes.

My issue may not be from one cause but calmative of the entire experience

florduh

I will agree with you that the live rosin carts are pretty nice. Maybe i should try a live rosin or live sauce concentrate instead of a wax.

Rosin carts are definitely the best. Live resin carts can be good, but you need to be careful. There's a lot of fuckery. Sometimes they'll sell "Live Resin" carts that are just distillate flavored with terpenes extracted from fresh frozen flower. It's fine, but not as full spectrum as actual live resin.

Unfortunately you need to research extractors. If you have a link to a dispo menu I can give you my thoughts. That goes for anyone.

GetLeft

I buy high thc % live budders / badders / sugars. They typically get me higher for longer than my flower strains but again thc % and dosage matters (madders? : ). I currently use the Proxy for concentrates. It uses a preset session time which provides me with enough time to do at least 3 decent draws before timing out so I get a good dose of concentrate each session, not just a single hit.

GetLeft,
Reactions: Madtater
Top Bottom