Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LabPong

How would you get the glass or quartz to heat in an electromagnetic induction scenario?

BTW if extract can drip right through the ceramic pad that suggests it is too porous. I always thought my S&B mesh pads were too porous too. This threads getting me pretty :love:

Impossible...I was heavily medicated and dreaming, then reminded just after posting my dumb wording....haaaa But some sort of electronic heating coil easier to deal with than a hand-wand coil.

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
If you have access to one....try a much larger glass unit. I do not use my D020 with the Elev8R because I feel is it too small water volume wise...and chamber size. If you can, find one with double to tipple the water volume with at least double the inner chamber volume. Even one of the side car versions that are tons wider would be great. Big diff on taste ....much smoother.
I do have a bigger sidecar I'll try, cheers.
Btw, woke up this morning with a proper herb hangover. It feels like I'd been smoking heavily last night, but without the accompanying tight chest. All of this from 0.35g over two (very quick!) sessions.
Not sure my girlfriend gets this thing yet. The torch (BB) bit scares her. "WHAT IS THAT?" she repeated when she came home and saw me on the sofa with it in front of me :o

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
As my current torch is not really strong (it takes 60 secs to get a significant hit), I ordered the Big Buddy from @VapeFiend.com . But I have to admit that even with the crappy torch I seem to have found my master in this vape. It is really easy to operate, but guys, how do you handle the high? While I was cooking for my family, I thought a little puff (actually 2 rips) from my elev8r would be a great idea. But I was so high that I had to struggle to operate outwardly normal (internally I figured how a party would look like where everybody brings such a device - probably a loud noise from the torches at the beginning and then silence...). I even vaped a vapcap of high cbd flower to calm me down a bit. This device gives me a very trippy very energizing high, but almost to strong to handle - at least on a normal evening when I want to accomplish something. I know now what some of you meant that you use less material - I would have liked to test other strains but just could not.

.... However, the food I cooked tasted great (at least for me ;) ).

Btw, woke up this morning with a proper herb hangover.
OK, so this isn't just me. I got the device on Tuesday and vaped about .15 - 0.2 g both evenings. And waking up I can still feel it pretty much. I wonder what parameters differ in this (actually very simple) vape compared to others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexis

Guys you are helping me realise that maybe Im not such a lightweight as I thought.
On monday I had 3 Elev8r loads, 4 vapcaps, and 2 doses of edibles.

Was very nicely cained. My second Elev8r bowl Monday evening, on top of the very strong cookies coconut oil tea (made from the herb and lecitihin bundle of muslin after straining coconut oil), properly KO'd me like I havent been for a long time from herb.

Of course the evening ploughed on (when I finally managed to get up).

This is while am making a conscious effort to use less of my stash and be conservative!!
More success here yesterday- only 2 Elev8r's, 3 vapcaps and a single edible dose...

But I still feel really hammered for sure, although I did have a vapcap to get back to sleep this morning. I was delibrately reserving myself yesterday to have less Elev8r loads.

@Mushroomturtle easy dude and a big welcome to FC recently. Thanks for your pm bro hang in there I will get back to you very happily on that.:)

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Guys you are helping me realise that maybe Im not such a lightweight as I thought.
Definitely no lightweight in my book. Despite me being a daily (evening) vaper, that would probably have me green out and waking up the next morning still dizzy. But I admit that I struggle hard being a lightweight and I try to take regular T-Breaks.

Schroedinger,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

Definitely no lightweight in my book. Despite me being a daily (evening) vaper, that would probably have me green out and waking up the next morning still dizzy. But I admit that I struggle hard being a lightweight and I try to take regular T-Breaks.
I have said it already, but the first night I used the Elev8r it was like a big step up in how medicated I got. And like you guys are saying, feeling it into the next day as well.
And ever since then I have just been feeling a higher level of medication around the clock, which has become sort of normal.

Alas, the danger of a vape like this. It is so good you want to use it every day, so you just acclimate to a generally higher level of stonedness. Which can have side effects and make for a less productive lifestyle.

Last edited:

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector

Was very nicely cained. My second Elev8r bowl Monday evening, on top of the very strong cookies coconut oil tea (made from the herb and lecitihin bundle of muslin after straining coconut oil), properly KO'd me like I havent been for a long time from herb.

Of course the evening ploughed on (when I finally managed to get up).

This is while am making a conscious effort to use less of my stash and be conservative!!
More success here yesterday- only 2 Elev8r's, 3 vapcaps and a single edible dose...

But I still feel really hammered for sure, although I did have a vapcap to get back to sleep this morning. I was delibrately reserving myself yesterday to have less Elev8r loads.

@Mushroomturtle easy dude and a big welcome to FC recently. Thanks for your pm bro hang in there I will get back to you very happily on that.:)
@Alexis loving your posts man! Feeling the love :)
The irony is that although the ELEV8R is extremely efficient, the high is so wonderful that it becomes very desirable to repeat. I can easily see how intake could increase. My current tactic is to go large on one bowl/session then nothing until a Vapcap in before bed. I don't stand a chance! :lol:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
So now you guys know what I mean when I say I go through more weed with this. It's not because it's inefficient. It just delivered such an enjoyable experience and CAN hold so much material that it takes actual effort not to use it too much.

Everybody has their own opinions. Everybody has their own opinions.

LabPong

I have said it already, but the first night I used the Elev8r it was like a big step up in how medicated I got. And like you guys are saying, feeling it into the next day as well.
And ever since then I have just been feeling a higher level of medication around the clock, which has become sort of normal.

Alas, the danger of a vape like this. It is so good you want to use it every day, so you just acclimate to a generally higher level of stonedness. Which can have side effects and make for a less productive lifestyle.

Damn man......everything was going smoothly for me and my Elev8R until you had to use logic and common sense. Now I have to live with the fact that I can never go back to lesser vaping experiences.......the horror!

This vape is a total dictator and trouble maker.....:evil:

LabPong

I do have a bigger sidecar I'll try, cheers.
Btw, woke up this morning with a proper herb hangover. It feels like I'd been smoking heavily last night, but without the accompanying tight chest. All of this from 0.35g over two (very quick!) sessions.
Not sure my girlfriend gets this thing yet. The torch (BB) bit scares her. "WHAT IS THAT?" she repeated when she came home and saw me on the sofa with it in front of me :o

"I'm home dear husband.......

"Hello dear wife welcome home.....

"dear husband....what in the world are you doing there and what it that stuff......

"dear wife...pay no attention to the paraphernalia all over, I'm just cooking up some crack rocks for you...

haaaaaa Yea the only part I don't like is looking like I'm doing crack to the untrained eye. But I only use this alone anyway. Sucks to have to be a torch monkey again.....but it is a small price to pay for how awesome the experience is.

@LabPong do you use more herb in your elev8r or your flowerpot?

EDIT: (after my long winded blah blah blah's below) Since I have a smaller glass bowl than the stock flowerhead Ti one, I would say maybe just a little bit more in the flowerpot, but not by much as it seems pretty close now how I have both vapes setup.

This is one thing I have held off on talking about in the past few days. I have been experimenting with different bowls using the Elev8R. I picked up a few different 18 to 14 adapters to use for bowls. I had to run around town and deal with super limited parts availability, but found 3 that would work good. The most important thing to look for with using a normal adapter glass piece is the shape of the area where the screen will sit. There are tons of different shapes and designs here.

Anyway I originally wanted to find one with a larger exit hole in the bottom. Found that easily as the normal adapters are larger holed compared to the 7th floor Elev8R designed bowl. So I solved the issue about testing a larger free flowing exit path.

I also knew most of the adapters are slightly shorter in the body area than the 7th floor bowl. So now I have solved the ability to test a shorter distance air path from the heater to the load.

Ok, now I have a setup that should allow me much quicker extraction so I can torch for a shorter period of time hopefully.

stockModed_zpshgegog2i.jpg

My results......yes I am slowing finding that I can heat about 10 seconds or so less on initial heat up and then the same for reheats.

Also since the load is so much closer to the heater...(by about 7mm), I get vapor faster which means I draw less time and draw strengh wise (like this is not free flowing enough...haaa) and also I get more draw/s off a heat cycle. But that depends on how big of a draw I take. Most of the time you need to breath in and out for a bit after the massive hits you get.

Then there is one of the cool things I got with one of the adapters. One is much smaller in the chamber size and diameter under the joint top. So it slightly tapers to the screen level. So the diameter at the screen is about 3mm narrower than the stock bowl. So now I have a smaller load to play with.

Now with this smaller bowl. I can use smaller amounts. The ability to not just put smaller amounts in the stock bowl where they are spread out horizontally, now that smaller load can grow vertically and have better flavor extraction when you get say 3+ draws off the load size. So when you stir the load you can tell how much it helps. I always new this using the flowerpot with a smaller glass bowl compared to the large Ti one. So I tend to put more in my loads then I normally would with my other vapes and normal day to day, week to week total amounts of flower used. But now, the medication last longer and I get to a much higher level. So I do not need to use as frequently as I normally would with my other weaker extracting/medicating vapes.

TLDR....... I am still experimenting but can say that ability to conserve my flower is greatly more inconsistent because I need to get over the honeymoon period and also find a setup and use scenario that is consistent day to day. The honeymoon may be permanent with the Elev8R it seems though.

So it all depends on what I have to accomplish in my daily tasks and how far I will push the envelope of feeling damn good and getting things done for work and such. lol

I think if I had a limited flower stash I could get away with using less for sure and be happy with the levels and lengths of medication I am getting.

Last edited:

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
"I'm home dear husband.......

"Hello dear wife welcome home.....

"dear husband....what in the world are you doing there and what it that stuff......

"dear wife...pay no attention to the paraphernalia all over, I'm just cooking up some crack rocks for you...

haaaaaa Yea the only part I don't like is looking like I'm doing crack to the untrained eye. But I only use this alone anyway. Sucks to have to be a torch monkey again.....but it is a small price to pay for how awesome the experience is.
Yes! Hilarious! :lol:

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
My results......yes I am slowing finding that I can heat about 10 seconds or so less on initial heat up and then the same for reheats.

Also since the load is so much closer to the heater...(by about 7mm), I get vapor faster which means I draw less time and draw strengh wise (like this is not free flowing enough...haaa)

This is why I simply pressed a 25 m screen convexely pointing downward into the upper part of the original bowl. This is perfect for smaller loads and requires less heat up time.

LabPong

This is why I simply pressed a 25 m screen convexely pointing downward into the upper part of the original bowl. This is perfect for smaller loads and requires less heat up time.

That would work better to move the load higher and allow for a bit smaller load. But you will also have an adverse affect with the center point of the load getting the heat faster and creating a hot spot unless you stir every draw or so. Just because the screen is convex from top....and not concave as I use in the smaller bowl/adapter.

But if you do just use the stock bowl and put in a bigger/wider screen and cone it downward (convex), then when you put your flower/load in there on the screen, try to pile it up tall and move as much away from the outer wall as possible.

So if you have a screen that is lower at the center point (concave) then the outer area gets more chance to heat up and allows for a bit more even or wider "hot spot". I find I have to stir less when I can pack the load higher vertically. If your load is spread out evenly and not very high/deep, then you need to stir more or use less of a load and extract in 1 or 2 draws for the best taste to performance issue.

But I find performance is almost stupidly easy to get, and you can finesse the way you use the vape to help with getting better or longer tastes per load.

LabPong

I was using a LOT more herb in my FP than the Elev8r. Although I couldnt use high temps though and my material was admittedly underextracted.

Nonetheless I do strongly feel that I would use more weed overall with the FP if I could use ut freely.

That is one of the bigger reasons why I think I can use more in the flowerpot.....but with a twist on your wording.

I feel that I use more in the flower pot because I can "quickly use it so freely". ;)

Now compared to the time it takes to get to the draw using the Elev8R.......I could take tons of hits on the flowerpot just because you can back to back draw as quick as you want.

But all in all.....with both vapes.....I can still be economic with my use just because I am medicated so much better and go longer between each dose, however big or small that may be.

fuck the tongs, leather heat pads are better, faster, easier.

as always imo

:nod:
DSC00925.jpg

:peace:

:p

Excellent idea! I was never a welder so my thinking never went that way..haaaa

I have some heavy duty suede sitting around that would work great like this. I still would use the tongs on occasion just to hold it up if needed. But yea....grab the hot glass and set it on what ever to quickly stir your load and quickly put the heater back on. This will save me torch time I believe.

:tup:

Last edited:

Danksta

I really really like this vape. The love continues to grow day after day. The FP has not been turned on in days.

Both of those vapes have made a lot of us increase our consumption. They both work super efficient and offer amazing effects you just wanna keep chasing.

I've been trying to reduce my use and the Elev8r is actually working quite good for that. Past few nights I only had 3 big one hit bowls. Had I had the FP turned on I would have been tearing through bowls til bedtime. 10+ for sure.

And 3 bowls a night isn't a terrible amount of butane.

VERY EXCITED for the quartz heaters @7thFloorVapes THX for listening :D

duff

Well worn
I'm still getting the hang of this guy but I love how customizable the experience is.
I've just had a few sessions. Went low temp for the first one and got three of the most delicious hits I've ever had.
Next load I was much more aggressive and got one huge delicious hit.
The volume and level of extraction on the big hit was on par with the S3. Both vapes are tasty but the elev8r is a step above and on par with the vrip.
I love the ritual so don't mind the torch at all.
Very anxious to really get to know it more.

Might play with nugs for shits and giggles.

Danksta

I'm still getting the hang of this guy but I love how customizable the experience is.
I've just had a few sessions. Went low temp for the first one and got three of the most delicious hits I've ever had.
Next load I was much more aggressive and got one huge delicious hit.
The volume and level of extraction on the big hit was on par with the S3. Both vapes are tasty but the elev8r is a step above and on par with the vrip.
I love the ritual so don't mind the torch at all.
Very anxious to really get to know it more.

Might play with nugs for shits and giggles.

Does the vrip work with the Elev8r bowl?

Danksta,
Reactions: BigJr48

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
I think about my ELEV8R while I sleep at night and when I first wake up.Then I think about it all day when I'm not at home. I even think about it when I'm at home and it's in the other room. It's bordering on craving actually and certainly an obsession.
One of the things I think about is how does it compare to the Evo - is anyone lucky enough to own both? Are the Evo clouds as big and tasty as the ELEV8R can be, or is it still in another league?
Love and understanding to my fellow ELEV8R bredren :clap::drool::love:

Alexis

I think about my ELEV8R while I sleep at night and when I first wake up.Then I think about it all day when I'm not at home. I even think about it when I'm at home and it's in the other room. It's bordering on craving actually and certainly an obsession.
One of the things I think about is how does it compare to the Evo - is anyone lucky enough to own both? Are the Evo clouds as big and tasty as the ELEV8R can be, or is it still in another league?
Love and understanding to my fellow ELEV8R bredren :clap::drool::love:
I strongly suspect the Elev8r has the potential to hit harder than the Evo. The general consensus in the Flowerpot thread by most who have used both is that the Flowerpot is in a different league, though not all totally agreed.

Now I admittedly am quite surpirsed at just how much members here are practically favouring the Elev8r to their Flowerpots currently. This is after many months of total enfatuation, adoration and blissful satisfaction with the widely declared "best vaporizer ever", a verdict I fully agreed with myself.

For the Elev8r to be receiving this praise and attention is a big statement, and makes me realise I have probably underrated this vaporizer, and under-appraised the effects it is having on me.

I do sure feel I would be using my Flowerpot still if I could, maybe even more. But the point- could we ever see such passionate Flowerpot diehard advocates put down their FP for the Evo with such mighty praise, in this vaporizing day and age??:disgust:
I think not!:nod:

However Im not dissin no Evo- how can I ?- never used one, and Im sure it would be an excellent plug in compliment to the Elev8r, offering glass purity and big hitting power.

Personally I have never been drawn to the Evo. The Vriptech though- I def gotta get me one of them, ONE DAY!

And interestingly, I can see a resurgance of popularity for the VHW, with the Elev8r piping interest and putting it back on the map.

Last edited:
Top Bottom