1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

New and learning lots

Discussion in 'Glass' started by Vdabber, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Vdabber

Vdabber Well-Known Member

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. Wasn't sure where to check in so I figured I'd do it here and post up my glass.
    [​IMG]
    Honeycomb perk
    [​IMG]
    My favorite piece so far.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This piece broke, but was a cheap 1 trip piece anyways.

Sorry for the pictures, I'll take them right next time.
    The next piece I'm looking to get is a recycler, there's one at a lhs for $300 that I'm saving for.

2. Madcap79

Madcap79 Jack of all trades, master of none.

Welcome. There is a lot of great info here. There is a thread in the Vapor Lounge where you can introduce yourself as well. :wave:

Vdabber and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  3. Vdabber

^^^ thanks, I went ahead and posted there as well. Man, seeing all the awesome pieces here makes me want a new piece so bad :(

4. Madcap79

Madcap79 Jack of all trades, master of none.

It can be very tough sometimes. Haha!

5. ogcook

ogcook Well-Known Member

Welcome fellow VW fan! Great little pieces, a recycler is a great choice. Which one are you looking at?

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  6. Vdabber

Thanks man! There's a locally blown piece I'm looking at at a local glass shop. I'm going to try to get some pics of it Thursday and post them up to get some opinions. It's about a foot tall and holds about 5oz of water.

ogcook likes this.
  7. ogcook

ogcook Well-Known Member

@Vdabber There's a DBV on the classifieds right now for $95 I believe, and massdrop is doing a sale on them for 129.99-149.99. I'd say it would be worth the trade, loved my DBV. Very strong vape

Enchantre likes this.
  8. Vdabber

Thanks ogcook, I'll wait and see what the other person and go from there.

ogcook likes this.
  9. mvapes

mvapes Surrounded by the healthy!

The DBV is probably one of the best desktops on the market till this day. Very easy to use, inexpensive, and easily adapted to water.

You can't go wrong there.

10. Vdabber

So this is the recycler I'm looking at at a local lhs.
    [​IMG]
    Any opinions?

mvapes likes this.
  11. mvapes

mvapes Surrounded by the healthy!

Why would you get a piece like that an but the least expensive desktop? It's like pimp my ride bro...

If money isn't an option why not go for the herbie or an evo instead of waiting for VAS to kick in and spend a fortune looking for the right vape?

momofthegoons likes this.
  12. Vdabber

You missed a post that was deleted, I wasn't looking to buy the DBV, someone local offered to trade me one for my honeycomb perk rig.
    The recycler I posted is one I've been looking at buying at a local lhs, only planning on doing dabs through it. It's $300, what do you guys think about that price? I'm not getting the nail pictured, I'd just be getting a dome and I have my own nails.

13. ogcook

ogcook Well-Known Member

At $300 I'm honestly not impressed, you can find an Earl Jr for that price that will function flawlessly.
    That or search through the classifieds on here, plenty of people with glass up for sale and trade.

Quetzalcoatl and Enchantre like this.
  14. Vdabber

Well I have quite a while until I can use the classifieds.
    What I liked about the piece is the size and it functions well, I have some small pieces and they're fine but I want more water.
    I've never tried an earl jr and really want to try a piece before buying.

15. ogcook

ogcook Well-Known Member

You can't POST on the classifieds, you can still ask about pieces that are posted. I've now had a Collie, Vertigo, Burlie and Earl Jr Recycler now. The one you're looking at is similar to the Collie piece, my least favorite that sells for not much over $100.

The Earl Jr was BY FAR the best and I can guarantee you that anyone who has used one will back me up.

SSVUN~YAH and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  16. Vdabber

Alright, I'll do some more research and watch the classifieds. I appreciate the feedback.

Quetzalcoatl, Enchantre and ogcook like this.
  17. Vdabber

So I've done a lot of searching the past couple days and I've narrowed it down to a few pieces. They're all on ioffer.com

[​IMG]
    This piece I like the most, I can't tell what the perc is so thats my only concern. It's $179 shipped.
    [​IMG]
    I don't like downstem on this piece and I wish the can was bigger. It's $149.99
    [​IMG]
    I like how this one looks the most, but i was told it won't vortex well. It's $170

As you can see I'm going to stay under $200. Any opinions on the pieces posted or suggestions under $200 that are 8-12 inches tall

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  18. ogcook

ogcook Well-Known Member

The middle one honestly looks like the best quality and will function as a recycler the best.

SSVUN~YAH and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  19. Vdabber

Yeah, I just saw a video of the top piece and I want impressed, didn't vortex at all and the draw was not that smooth. I finally got around to looking at the pieces on a computer and that helped. I'm going with the middle one.

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  20. ogcook

ogcook Well-Known Member

Big thing to look for if you want a vortex is the enter path for the top part. If it comes in at an angle you're MUCH more likely to get a nice vortex. Straight in, not so much.

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  21. Vdabber

Good to know :tup:

Quetzalcoatl and ogcook like this.
  22. Vdabber

Here's a video (not mine) of the middle piece in action. Click to view.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  23. ogcook

ogcook Well-Known Member

At first I was worried since the downstem is close to the return path (sometimes get reverse flow on badly made pieces) but that thing RIPS! :rockon:

Vdabber and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  24. Vdabber

Just ordered it, $145 delivered. I'm fucking stoked. :rockon:

b0 and ogcook like this.
  25. ogcook

ogcook Well-Known Member

Very nice! You know we will need some function videos when it shows up. Hell at that price I want to add one to my collection!

b0 and Vdabber like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors