Need suggestions on what vape to get

Whitemist

What up guys and girls!
So, my arizer solo has recently shit the bed and I've gone back to smoking for the past few weeks because of it. Definitely trying to get a new vape ASAP.

I am looking for a quality portable vape that is under 150$...I am very conscious about my health these days so I am looking for a healthy/pure vape option...I always liked the way the Solo works since the metal just heats up and you inhale the vape through a glass pipe. Some vapes out there seems sketchy to me the way they work, but the Solo seemed pretty legit and pure.

Should I just get another Arizer Solo?...I don't have too much knowledge of quality options out there...help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Whitemist,

The Stranger

Account Closed
What vapes seemed sketchy to you?

I have a mflb and absolutely love it. It's a manual vape though so no setting of temperature. You push in the battery and it's heated up within a few seconds and you control temperature with your draw speed. It's a wooden vape so not much can go wrong with it, can fit in the palm of your hand so very easy to conceal while drawing, has a lifetime warranty and you can have multiple batteries with you, if you please, so no having to worry about ever recharging and not being able to use it.

Although there is a slight learning curve to using it and a chance of combustion. I've had mine since May and have let at least 5 friends use it with me and none of us have ever combusted. I really think you have to just sit there with the battery held in and just stare at it for that to happen.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
The Solo has a 2 year warranty overall and a 1 year warranty on the battery. If it's the battery you could get a new battery for around $45.

Who did you purchase the Solo from? If it's within the 2 years and it is the battery they may offer to fix it for you for the cost of the battery alone. Especially if you agree to buy another Solo. Saw this recently and the way it worked out was the they offered up the new Solo for cheap and the battery fix for cost.

LarryYo

Dab connoisseur.... I just like dabs.... a lot
I am always recommending the Heaven for $90 cant really beat the price its a conduction vaporizor really slick and low profile easy to use comes with a bubbler and a grinder and runs off of external batteries so you can always replace them. I have had the same 2 units since ive started vaping and they have been putting in a lot of work! i highly recommend them you can check them out on gearspek.com

Duncan MacLeod

It's funny. When we read 'what vape should I get?', most of us think 'solo'.
Even with you having owned one and having had it break, it still seems like the best option. If yours isn't repairable (worth looking into), then my suggestion would be to buy another.

Whitemist

Thanks for the replies fellas!

I got my solo over 2 years ago off of eBay, so I don't think I have any kind of warranty at this point.

I really like the solo, and am probably going to order a new one today.

It shit the bed on me, but it's most likely my fault for not treating it better. I've dropped it on hard surfaces by accident a few times, and I had a bad habit of leaving it inside my car in freezing temperatures sometimes....also, not sure if it is bad for the device to turn it off mid session? If so, I did that too often as well.

Whitemist,

His_Highness

@Whitemist - Can you describe the shit stain symptoms? We might be able to tell if its the battery and if it is there are plenty of primers on how to replace it. It would make a nice backup for cheap and I believe we have a FC member who puts together the battery pack and uses better batteries in the process.

Edit: I have turned off the v ape mid-session all the time to conserve battery time without issue. I have read that using the Solo plugged in can affect battery life adversely.

Whitemist

@Whitemist - Can you describe the shit stain symptoms? We might be able to tell if its the battery and if it is there are plenty of primers on how to replace it. It would make a nice backup for cheap and I believe we have a FC member who puts together the battery pack and uses better batteries in the process.

Edit: I have turned off the v ape mid-session all the time to conserve battery time without issue. I have read that using the Solo plugged in can affect battery life adversely.

It seems all screwed up, lol...I turn it on, and then the battery life buttons switch on and stay on(for example, 6 lights light up right now, and they stay lit up). Then I set the temperature(to 4-6 usually), and it turns off right after that automatically.

The first symptom I had though was when it would work normal, and then shut off mid session by itself out of no where...It still got the job done for a while, but then it started turning off very shortly after it would heat up...then, it progressed to the situation I described in the first paragraph where the battery light stay lit and it turns off before it even starts to heat up.

There was also time where it wouldn't charge at all a few weeks ago during the first couple symptoms. I would plug it in and the green light wouldn't come on...So, I didn't touch it for a few days, then tried charging again, and it charged normal again. It charges normal now as well, just tried a minute ago.
But, that doesn't seem to matter, because the thing just turns off on me when I try to use it.

The plastic at the bottom is also cracked up pretty good...It definitely seems like a great vape, I just didn't treat it well enough at times and have had it for probably 2-3 years now.

His_Highness

Sorry - nothing conclusive for me as to whether it's the battery. It sounds like she doesn't owe you anything though :rip:. If you're moderately handy, and are considering another Solo... you might want to consider buying the better battery pack and installing it in the broken Solo. Worst case scenario it doesn't solve the problem and you still have a battery pack backup.

@OF - If you've got your listening ears on I think you might know the FC member who makes the battery pack with the top-o-the-line batteries. I can't recall who or how much.

@Whitemist - whichever way you go ... I wish you good luck!

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Sorry - nothing conclusive for me as to whether it's the battery. It sounds like she doesn't owe you anything though :rip:. If you're moderately handy, and are considering another Solo... you might want to consider buying the better battery pack and installing it in the broken Solo. Worst case scenario it doesn't solve the problem and you still have a battery pack backup.

@OF - If you've got your listening ears on I think you might know the FC member who makes the battery pack with the top-o-the-line batteries. I can't recall who or how much.

@Whitemist - whichever way you go ... I wish you good luck!
@CentiZen is the Battery Guru.

Top Bottom