Need new Dry Herb Vape 18650 Battery type

DogDad

I have bought two starry 3's and both are not working today. Time to move on. What's new in 18650 vapes since I left FC?

XpeeN

Depends on your preference. V3p , ruffo, avlp, Angus, TM2, 510s like dreamwood glow are examples for convection on demand vapes

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Here’s a few options from the recently active portables threads.
Convection (mostly copying @XpeeN above, don’t own any yet):
- Tinymight 2
- Xmax v3 pro
- Airvape Legacy Pro
- Prrl Neo (less portable)
- Angus (early versions had some rare melting issues)

Hybrid:
- Arizer air SE (conduction heavy)
- Firewood 9 (one of my favourites)
- Dotleaf (had reliability issues first release)
- Planet of the Vapes Lobo

Conduction:
- Davinci IQ2/C (my other favourite, but quite overpriced without a coupon code)
- Xmax Starry 4

Hard to get artisan vapes:
- Lamart Bakx (conduction), Tetra P80/X (convection I think?)
- Morwood Toad and Nomad (Convection, unregulated). Toad has a ~12 month wait, Nomad has about 5+ years if he’s still taking reservations. Or $3000+ if you find someone willing to sell

Last edited:

XpeeN

Here’s a few options from the recently active portables threads.
Convection (mostly copying @XpeeN above, don’t own any yet):
- Tinymight 2
- Xmax v3 pro
- Airvape Legacy Pro
- Prrl Neo (less portable)
- Angus (early versions had some rare melting issues)

Hybrid:
- Arizer air max (conduction heavy)
- Firewood 9 (one of my favourites)
- Dotleaf (had reliability issues first release)
- Planet of the Vapes Lobo

Conduction:
- Davinci IQ2/C (my other favourite, but quite overpriced without a coupon code)
- Xmax Starry 4

Hard to get artisan vapes:
- Lamart Bakx (conduction), Tetra P80/X (convection I think?)
- Morwood Toad and Nomad (Convection, unregulated). Toad has a ~12 month wait, Nomad has about 5+ years if he’s still taking reservations. Or $3000+ if you find someone willing to sell
Nice list. I think you mean air se or something instead the Max, as the Max uses 21700

BTW OP, you should've post this thread at Ask FC section.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Nice list. I think you mean air se or something instead the Max, as the Max uses 21700

BTW OP, you should've post this thread at Ask FC section.
Oh dang, the air max uses a 21700? Apologies, just assumed they were using a higher draw 18650 in that one, edited my post

XpeeN

Oh dang, the air max uses a 21700? Apologies, just assumed they were using a higher draw 18650 in that one, edited my post
Yeah but I'd put the Air SE instead. A $90 air version with 18650

XpeeN,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I have bought two starry 3's and both are not working today. Time to move on. What's new in 18650 vapes since I left FC?
I notice that you did not specifically say you wanted convection, but you are getting a lot of convection recommendations. Your Starry 3 has been a conduction experience.
I want to mention that Starry 4 is out, if you hadn't seen that. I had one briefly that I did like, but gave it to a friend who is new to vaping.
Many folks have said this is a big improvement over Starry 3. I personally have not had a 3.

There are a lot of suggestions for you so far. You didn't specify a budget?
I'll add Roffu, convection at a reasonable price.

Finessseee

I’m not sure why everyone keeps thinking the Air SE is conduction heavy. I own one and can confirm it’s 75% convection / 25% conduction. It barely cooks herb in between hits and you really force pull the Vapor for each hit. It’s even marketed as a hybrid convection leaning vape. Has much better air flow than the Solo II IMO

Compare tool

Finessseee,
Reactions: Octavia

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
It is true they’re marketed as such, but at least with my Solo2 (marketed as 70/30 convection), it performs better treating it like a conduction vape with heat soaks between slow sipping draws. I wouldn’t be surprised if the air/air se’s better airflow improves the convection a bit but I am skeptical of the 75% convection claim (especially since convection is perceived as more desirable than conduction). How long do you usually run your sessions for?

Regardless of the ratio, it’s definitely a hybrid session vape and will perform as such, and is a good choice, especially for the price. Arizers aren’t my personal favourite since I prefer having no stem/fully retracted stems on the go but I know a lot of folks love them, and will be a good choice if you can’t justify the $300+ for the fancier options out there.

Finessseee

It is true they’re marketed as such, but at least with my Solo2 (marketed as 70/30 convection), it performs better treating it like a conduction vape with heat soaks between slow sipping draws. I wouldn’t be surprised if the air/air se’s better airflow improves the convection a bit but I am skeptical of the 75% convection claim (especially since convection is perceived as more desirable than conduction). How long do you usually run your sessions for?

Regardless of the ratio, it’s definitely a hybrid session vape and will perform as such, and is a good choice, especially for the price. Arizers aren’t my personal favourite since I prefer having no stem/fully retracted stems on the go but I know a lot of folks love them, and will be a good choice if you can’t justify the $300+ for the fancier options out there.
Depends..

If I preheat it to max temp I’ll do the typical conductive heat soak and finish it in 5-6 fairly big smooth hits after 2 mins heat speak and 2 mins of hitting.. roughly 5 mins..

It I’m not letting it pre heat soak, I’ll temp step and can finish in roughly 10 mins give or take. My gf and I use it as our daily driver with no issues. I am looking for a faster extractor though!

Speaking of..

How does the Lobo compare to a Dynavap when connected to a water pipe?

Finessseee,
Reactions: Octavia

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Depends..

If I preheat it to max temp I’ll do the typical conductive heat soak and finish it in 5-6 fairly big smooth hits after 2 mins heat speak and 2 mins of hitting.. roughly 5 mins..

It I’m not letting it pre heat soak, I’ll temp step and can finish in roughly 10 mins give or take. My gf and I use it as our daily driver with no issues. I am looking for a faster extractor though!

Speaking of..

How does the Lobo compare to a Dynavap when connected to a water pipe?

I just replied to you in the lobo thread, but I think you will be happy with it as it has more convection and specifically faster extraction compared to Arizer (DynaV is really totally different in many ways) although lobo does not have dedicated WPA stem options (yet, hopefully they will come) still seems like it

Finessseee

I just replied to you in the lobo thread, but I think you will be happy with it as it has more convection and specifically faster extraction compared to Arizer (DynaV is really totally different in many ways) although lobo does not have dedicated WPA stem options (yet, hopefully they will come) still seems like it
Appreciate you SS! Still waiting on that Bamboo HI lol

Top Bottom