Hello ALL! I hope this is the appropriate place to post this - If not just let me know. I'm trying to make a tincture to help me dose quickly and effectively without needing to sneak out to vape and then come back only to have others notice the smell. Side Note: I realize there are oil based vape pens that would largely eliminate the issue of smell, but I live in a prohibition state so staying in-stock of such things can be difficult. Also, as stealth is important to me being able to just take a few quick drops would be a big win. Working with a friend we attempted to make two batches of tincture. The first used an alcohol base. The second did as well, but we then tried to do a solvent transfer to fractionated MTC Oil. NEITHER batch worked sublingually. However BOTH worked as an edible if you swallowed it. So Good News: the THC was in there and the material was apparently successfully decarboxylated. Bad News: They ONLY worked as an edible. It took hours to take effect. If you're trying to dose for pain/anxiety that doesn't leave you many options. You pretty much have to do preemptive dosing, and take enough to deal with any issues that haven't come up yet. So I need to figure out tinctures. But I can't afford to fail again and waste a lot of material. Here's the process we went through. Can someone point to where we might have gone wrong? Step 1) Decarbed the material in a nova machine Step 2) Put the decarbed material into a Levo machine with the alcohol. (the Levo is similar to the magic butter machine) Step 3) Set the Levo at 190 for about 2.5 hours. When we noticed it wasn't working as we'd hoped also tried some runs at lower temps, for longer, and even did a batch at 190 for at least 5 hours. (all the results were the same) For the Second batch we did the same process but then did a solvent transfer by adding the MTC oil and boiling away the alcohol. In one run of the second batch we boiled some alcohol away before adding the MTC oil, and in another we added the MTC oil before we boiled any alcohol away. (all the results were the same) Sadly ... none of the runs, in either of the batches, worked sublingually. All of them were fairly effective as an edible. I would REALLY like to get this working with the tech toys listed above because I'm not in a position to be able to covertly deal with something that either needs to sit for days, or cook for nearly as long. IDEALLY in my next attempt I'd like to end up with a VG based tincture, that started off with an alcohol base. my hope there is to extract as much as possible through the alcohol since VG won't be as good at that.