Need help deciding on desktop vaporizer....

Which Desktop Vaporizer?

• Total voters

gnel1011

I'm looking to purchase a desktop vaporizer but I can't decide which one to get. I use a PAX right now, but I've heard that desktop vaporizers are oftentimes more effective, and also I would like 'cooler' vapor (which I have read desktops will give because of the length of time the vapor stays in the bag to cool to room temp or the time it takes for the vapor to reach your mouth via whip).

I am torn between the Arizer Extreme Q and the VapirRise 2.0 Ultimate. The price between them is very close, so that is not an issue. I just want to get the best of the two. I was about to purchase the EQ but then after reading more reviews, the VapirRise reviews seem to suggest it does a better job at creating thicker vapor. I also noticed that the VapirRise is advertised as having concentrate abilities, while the EQ does not. I am not interested in the 'group vaping' hookah feature of the VapirRise, and I'm also not interested in the remote control of the EQ.

I am currently leaning toward the VapirRise as the reviews I've read say it is the best bet. Can someone please give me some advice here? I've been debating between the two for about 2 weeks now! I just want to order!

Thanks

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Have you thought about a log vape? Something that is made by hand without plastic. There are some beautiful units out there and they are very big. You can just leave it out, it doesn't look like s vaporizer. I tell people it's an oil defuser.

I own 2 Enanos and have been really happy with them. They hook up well to water tools.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Some folks prefer the glass air path vs the plastic but that comes down to personal preference. Good luck finding what works for you. Do your research. It's always hard to know which vaporizer to buy. Ideas from others often is all we have to go on. Search all the vaporizers you want to buy and take the plunge.

I've often thought it would be nice to be able to try out a vaporizer before we buy. Some sort of a buy back program if you don't like it. That's why the classified are so good here on FC. You can buy a used vaporizer, then you aren't out so much money.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Welcome to FC! Happy to have ya aboard :wave:

Is this your first Vaporizer?

Check out the Plug In Vaporizers section here, right away you will see how active the E-Nano thread is, to me that really speaks volumes, people love their Nanos.

And,again I have to point out Da Buddha as an excellent choice of Vaporizers, very reasonable price point, pairs well with water tools..

And, once you dial in your tech, the DBV is a powerhouse.

I still cant believe the amount of Vapor that fogs out my bedroom with just 0.1 or less of herb.

Not trying to steer you away from your primary choices, just throwing a couple more options out for you.

The LSV, and Underdogs are definitely in my near radar as well.

Again, welcome to one of the best Forums on the Web!
:D

Grim Chiclets

I personally find the EQ to be a splendid contender if you want bags- and it's no wimp with whip mode either.

You can also get the Volcano's EZvalve GonG adapter, a DDave kit, and buy a replacement EZValve bag on ebay to open up that airflow and upgrade quite nicely to a solid inline valve system. :brow:

On the other hand I've not had the chance to try the Rise- and while some people :shit: on it for having too many mechanical bits and pieces- I personally love fiddling with a ton of tactile pieces, and it honestly looks like a pretty solid vape overall; I'd love to give one a go sometime.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
The EQ is an excellent first desktop vape as it does most things well out of the box. It really gives you the chance to mix it up & try out different methods to the madness & find your preferred technique.

I was not on or lurking FC but the sense of stoners pride I had when I realised that the elbow looks pretty similar to my 18mm bong joint & I then had water filtration sorted simply by using 2 x elbow joints.

You should find a few in the classifieds for sale & most owners buy a lot of spare parts "just in case".

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I second Tommy10's suggestion of the herbalaire. I believe if your enticed by both the EQ and the Rise that the Herbalaire is well worth a look, it's one of my favorites anyways though I've only used a V-tower(EQ with no fan or remote) to me the HA is a much better vape.

Can't really comment on the Rise 'cause I ain't even seen one in-person nevermind used one, but all those parts look a bit overwhelming to deal with on a regular basis.

Although all three actually have decent reviews and should serve you well as a first vape, I would think all three fall in that "jack of all trades, master of none" kinda category. I can say the HA has been good to me and would get more use if I hadn't fallen in love with my Underdogs/log vapes which are the best fit for my vaporizing needs these days.

My real advice would be Chose the vape that appeals to you most right now, use it and start saving a little cash for the next one that catches your eye.

:peace: ... :2c:

Hope that all made some-kind of sense.

gnel1011

I took a look at the herbalaire, and although it looks like a nice vaporizer, I am still leaning toward the EQ more than anything else. I'm also glad it is winning the poll! I will be making a final decision by the end of the week. I do want some more input though!

gnel1011,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Tommy10

Used an eq, I dunno what the price difference is where you are but if it's similar is really suggest another look at the ha

Tommy10,

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Don't know much about the VapirRise 2.0 Ultimate, but I have read some tepid reviews for that and the Herbalaire. If that matters. Does it rely on special parts to work say unlike the EQ?
What you intend to use is my first question. If you don't have a solid idea, go to the EQ. Conversely, I have heard positives of some powerhouse vapes like the underdog. If that is your main focus. But that might need it's own parts. Can someone comment on that?
The EQ's 18mm fitting makes it the more versatile for mod-ders and GonG users like the DDave kit on ebay as one example.:science: The Vapir Rise seems to relies on it's own set of parts to work. But IDK myself. Still a new product. I have read several posts in the EQ forum of some users having the same unit for over 5 years! They only buy a new unit for the upgrades.
The EQ's temp range is from 50c to 260c and like I mentioned earlier, has upgraded itself over the years. I believe it might even have a longer warranty, if you buy from an authorized seller.

Other suggestions for desktops made by FCers have their own strong points. Each seems to fill it's own niche well. But for me the EQ is the jack-of-all-trades vape and can be upgraded with the right vapeware. If it is narrowed down between those two and price is a factor. I'd buy a second EQ over the VapirRise. Had mine for less than a year and I am still having fun trying out new things with it. :peace:

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
I just acquired a herbalAire (not sure which model) for 10$!!!!! Off CL.
It did not include anything other than the unit itself and a single mouthpiece.

But for 10$, I couldn't pass it up.

Currently reading the entire HA thread.... Seems I may of struck some gold :rockon:

The HA may be the most underrated Vaporizers on the market.
In my search to get the remaining necessary pieces to complete my newest acquisition (Crucible,new Teflon Mouthpiece and direct draw straws)

I found many HAs on E-bay around 150$ with the pump included.

In reading the HA thread, I'm really glad I picked up this little beast....

Can blow bags, Whip mode and direct draw, and seems to be able to use in a similar fashion as the EVO with water tools.

I will reserve all my inquiries regarding the HA after I've read the thread... I can say I'm STOKED to try it out.

EDC

Have you considered a middle ground between home and portable?

I own the mighty vaporizer from storz and Bickel and i can't imagine ever needing anything else. It ticks all the boxes. It can do heavy sessions through a bubbler and hits heavy enough that you feel like you just ripped a cone from a bong. I'm talking medicated. But it can also be taken on walks or just to go lie horizontal in bed watching a film. It's got a big enough chamber to do multiple people off of one bowl and the battery charge is impressive at around 5 - 6 sessions. It's not as big as people make out and will comfortably fit into the pocket of your jeans. The fact you can control the temperature to the exact degree also means you can control the high you get.

It's something to consider anyway. I've had mine for about 6 months now smoking every day and I'm yet to have an issue with it. If I do then I have every faith in storz and bickel's customer service.

EDC,

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
A powerhouse semi-portable with changeable batteries or even pass thru would be a nice.:nod: If any of the Storz & Bickel (or PAX) were pass thru or battery changeable, I'd consider that best of all possible choices in a semi. They should consider that in a future design. Like Arizer has. But recharge time is a small negative for some, if they can say power up those 5 or 6 times. There is also strong Pros and Cons between the S&B Crafty VS the S&B Mighty or the Arizer Air VS the Arizer Solo. for that matter. I would however rely heavily on a warranty for a near $400 vaporizer from an authorized dealer. A consideration, if the batteries are built into the portable.

As for as the main benefits of having a desktop. I am so glad that I no longer rely solely on the effects of the portable. Also have convection heat with a fan to work with. Nice :cool:(My EQ cost $150 from Canada. BTW) The portables that I do own, will have less wear on the batteries.
Don't have to measure how much power that I do have left. (Normally. but there is the occasional power outage where I am at.:lol:) Can Fill bags. Preheat glass. :science:etc..

Last edited:

EDC

The mighty has pass through charging which allows you to vape and charge at the same time. I have absolutely no qualms with having to rely solely on my mighty's 'effects' as it is potent! 'Medicated' is the only term appropriate for the high. I'm not worried about battery deterioration as I purchased my unit from vapefiend and I have every faith in them helping me get it replaced by S&B if it comes to that, but I've been vaping solidly every day for the past 6 months with no problems so far.

EDC,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
I just acquired a herbalAire (not sure which model) for 10$!!!!! Off CL.
It did not include anything other than the unit itself and a single mouthpiece.

But for 10$, I couldn't pass it up.

Currently reading the entire HA thread.... Seems I may of struck some gold :rockon:

The HA may be the most underrated Vaporizers on the market.
In my search to get the remaining necessary pieces to complete my newest acquisition (Crucible,new Teflon Mouthpiece and direct draw straws)

I found many HAs on E-bay around 150$ with the pump included.

In reading the HA thread, I'm really glad I picked up this little beast....

Can blow bags, Whip mode and direct draw, and seems to be able to use in a similar fashion as the EVO with water tools.

I will reserve all my inquiries regarding the HA after I've read the thread... I can say I'm STOKED to try it out.

Love my HA, super jealous you got one for so cheap! Try using it inverted!

Top Bottom