Need help choosing my next vaporizer

unversed

Hi!
Some context:
I'm from Brazil, and here, prices are quite high, and dry herb vaporizers are kinda "illegal" (we have laws about e-juice vapes, and dry herb vapes just got classified under the same regulations).Having said that, I don't have too many products to choose from and compare.

Now my question:
Some months ago, I bought an Airistech Switch, and I know people don't really like Airistech, but it was my only option to buy in my city within a reasonable price range.I also chose the Switch because of its isolated air path. I got really used to the Airistech, but I'm missing some things:
  • Big clouds in my sessions.
  • More battery life (the battery is ANNOYINGLY weak! I can't even reload the chamber with herb again to take more hits before the device runs out of battery).
  • Easier airflow (I have to use my lungs too much to get a nice amount of vapor).
  • More flavor (the first hits at low temperature taste nice, but as the session progresses, the taste of burnt popcorn overpowers all my herb flavors).
Because of these problems, I'm going back to joints and blunts, and personally, I think it's a waste of herb... But it's way more pleasant to have a joint while I'm working/producing music than with my Airistech Switch Dead Battery 2 in 1.

With that information, I've come up with some options to buy within a price range I can afford and with stores in my country (buying from another country is absolutely a pain in the ass if you're Brazilian).
The options are (in order of my current preference):
  • CFX VAPE – BOUNDLESS
  • PAX 3 (the complete kit, because I like the possibility of using extracts, even though I've never tried it with my Airistech)
  • DAVINCI IQ2
  • AIRVAPE X
I hope someone can share some thoughts with me and help me to choose a better option even if I'm in Brazil hahaha!

Thanks!

Actually I don't need a extremely portable option. I'm considering the Arizer V Tower, is it any good?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi!
Some context:
I'm from Brazil, and here, prices are quite high, and dry herb vaporizers are kinda "illegal" (we have laws about e-juice vapes, and dry herb vapes just got classified under the same regulations).Having said that, I don't have too many products to choose from and compare.

Now my question:
Some months ago, I bought an Airistech Switch, and I know people don't really like Airistech, but it was my only option to buy in my city within a reasonable price range.I also chose the Switch because of its isolated air path. I got really used to the Airistech, but I'm missing some things:
  • Big clouds in my sessions.
  • More battery life (the battery is ANNOYINGLY weak! I can't even reload the chamber with herb again to take more hits before the device runs out of battery).
  • Easier airflow (I have to use my lungs too much to get a nice amount of vapor).
  • More flavor (the first hits at low temperature taste nice, but as the session progresses, the taste of burnt popcorn overpowers all my herb flavors).
Because of these problems, I'm going back to joints and blunts, and personally, I think it's a waste of herb... But it's way more pleasant to have a joint while I'm working/producing music than with my Airistech Switch Dead Battery 2 in 1.

With that information, I've come up with some options to buy within a price range I can afford and with stores in my country (buying from another country is absolutely a pain in the ass if you're Brazilian).
  • CFX VAPE – BOUNDLESS
  • PAX 3 (the complete kit, because I like the possibility of using extracts, even though I've never tried it with my Airistech)
  • DAVINCI IQ2
  • AIRVAPE X
I hope someone can share some thoughts with me and help me to choose a better option even if I'm in Brazil hahaha!

Thanks!

Actually I don't need a extremely portable option. I'm considering the Arizer V Tower, is it any good?

Hmmm unfortunately those aren't the best options, pretty outdated... I wouldn't bother with the V-Tower, that is so old base model of a budget desktop anyway... Is the airvape cheap at least?? So sorry for the struggle!

HughJass

• CFX VAPE – BOUNDLESS
  • DAVINCI IQ2
  • AIRVAPE X

Out of those options I’ve had the pax and IQ2. I liked the IQ2 more. but neither where my favorite to be honest.

If it doesn’t need to be portable that opens up options.
The problem is deciding what matters most to you/ what do you want the device to do? /What experience and effects are you looking for?

(Sounds simple, but things like conduction vs convection make a huge difference in the experience, effects, and flavors. The IQ2 heats the chamber like an oven and requires you to sit down and use it for 5-10min to get the effects. Whereas something like the Tiny Might can be used to take a couple quick big hits in less than a minute)

Once you know what you want, your budget and if you can have things shipped to you will be the last deciding factors.

unversed

Hmmm unfortunately those aren't the best options, pretty outdated... I wouldn't bother with the V-Tower, that is so old base model of a budget desktop anyway... Is the airvape cheap at least?? So sorry for the struggle!
Yeah, for some reason the Airvape Pro Legacy is the cheaper on the list... But it will take 45days to get in my house... I hate to wait hahaha, is it the best option?

Out of those options I’ve had the pax and IQ2. I liked the IQ2 more. but neither where my favorite to be honest.

If it doesn’t need to be portable that opens up options.
The problem is deciding what matters most to you/ what do you want the device to do? /What experience and effects are you looking for?

(Sounds simple, but things like conduction vs convection make a huge difference in the experience, effects, and flavors. The IQ2 heats the chamber like an oven and requires you to sit down and use it for 5-10min to get the effects. Whereas something like the Tiny Might can be used to take a couple quick big hits in less than a minute)

Once you know what you want, your budget and if you can have things shipped to you will be the last deciding factors.
I want the device to have a good battery and strong hits... I want to control how much high I'm going to get too... For example, with my Airistech I just feel high when using the device on max temperature. About the flavor I don't know... I think my switch isn't a good reference, sometimes it tastes like popcorn or gives me a harsh feeling at my throat... But I think that battery and smoke density are what I want the most.

unversed,
Reactions: HughJass

HughJass

I’ll let someone with more expertise chime in, but I’ve heard good things about the Legacy Pro. Based on what you said I also think the TinyMight 2 would be a great option.

If you don’t mind a a plug in desktop for home use only;
I really love the ‘ZX’ heater from phase3

Everything you need for one of the best devices currently made :smug: (I am biased as it’s my most recent purchase, but I’ve tried many devices and it’s one of the best I’ve ever tried for flavor and quick effects)

It’s a ball vape so it heats up sapphire/ruby balls that heat the air you suck in with- so the herbs only get hot when you take a hit. You can also control the temperature so if you want a buzz keep the temperature lower, if you want that stoned feeling turn it up a bit.
Because it only heats the air you don’t get that strong burnt popcorn flavor unless you turn it up too high.

Its personally my favorite desktop by far, the only downside is you can take it everywhere you go! (Which if that matters to you I might go with one of the portable options first and get one of the ZX’s when you want a home unit later)

Varden

Big clouds are not really a necessity, you'll feel the effects independently of the "clouds" you see.

Big clouds also depends on more factors than the vape used. The herb you use has a big influence, among other things how dry it is. Also, the weather of.where you are has a big influence.

You see all this youtubers and videos showing big.clouds, but that is more of a marketing trick. You can get great smooth vapor with great effects that is barely visible. I would not worry about the cloud part, it is just a marketing trick to impress, but it is not important for the experience.

From the ones you've suggested I would chose none. In fact I would actively avoid them.

Varden,
Reactions: unversed

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah, for some reason the Airvape Pro Legacy is the cheaper on the list... But it will take 45days to get in my house... I hate to wait hahaha, is it the best option?

Oh I thought you meant the other one, I've never tried it, honestly I don't think it is best, but your options are very limited it seemed like (and btw pax would be useless for concentrate) so I wish I could help more

Shit Snacks,

unversed

Big clouds are not really a necessity, you'll feel the effects independently of the "clouds" you see.

Big clouds also depends on more factors than the vape used. The herb you use has a big influence, among other things how dry it is. Also, the weather of.where you are has a big influence.

You see all this youtubers and videos showing big.clouds, but that is more of a marketing trick. You can get great smooth vapor with great effects that is barely visible. I would not worry about the cloud part, it is just a marketing trick to impress, but it is not important for the experience.

From the ones you've suggested I would chose none. In fact I would actively avoid them.
You mean, it's better to stay with my Airistech Switch?

I'm afraid of purchasing something "expensive" and not noticing the difference between vapes. I thought that the Airistech Switch was worse than everything on the list...

Actually I like the "clouds" because of the feeling, it just relaxes me and reminds me of my old joint times hahaha dunno, I like it.

I've tried packing my Switch full of herb and drying my herb with those silica gel bags, seems to help to make more dense vapor...

unversed,

Varden

You mean, it's better to stay with my Airistech Switch?

I'm afraid of purchasing something "expensive" and not noticing the difference between vapes. I thought that the Airistech Switch was worse than everything on the list...

Actually I like the "clouds" because of the feeling, it just relaxes me and reminds me of my old joint times hahaha dunno, I like it.

I've tried packing my Switch full of herb and drying my herb with those silica gel bags, seems to help to make more dense vapor...
I have no idea how the Airistech Switch is, so I can not say how good or bad is. But if I were in the market for a new vape I would not get any on your list. That's what I can tell you. And it is not about buying expensive. There are relatively affordable vapes that are very decent, for example the v3 pro or the Roffu.

Varden,

unversed

I have no idea how the Airistech Switch is, so I can not say how good or bad is. But if I were in the market for a new vape I would not get any on your list. That's what I can tell you. And it is not about buying expensive. There are relatively affordable vapes that are very decent, for example the v3 pro or the Roffu.
Can you talk more about their issues? Just to know why not buying it

Oh I thought you meant the other one, I've never tried it, honestly I don't think it is best, but your options are very limited it seemed like (and btw pax would be useless for concentrate) so I wish I could help more
Just found a new store here, and I have new options!

- Arizer - Air ll
- ARGO - Arizer
- Arizer - Air SE
- Arizer - SOLO ll

Any of this options are good?

EDIT: Actually I dug up on reddit about the website, it seems to be a scam

Last edited:

XpeeN

- Arizer - Air ll
- ARGO - Arizer
- Arizer - Air SE
- Arizer - SOLO ll

Air SE is their new budget option, right? I think it'll be better then most others. The SOLO 2 will have better battery life though. And these two should be better than most other options you listed.
In other note, if it's that much of a struggle to find a good vaporizer, I'd DIY one. You can build a ball vape like the pinky pretty easily.

HughJass

Can you talk more about their issues? Just to know why not buying it

- Arizer - Air ll
- ARGO - Arizer
- Arizer - Air SE
- Arizer - SOLO ll

The problem is that most devices are just ‘okay’. It’s not that they are bad, it’s that they are not very good that’s the problem.

The devices I own now are better than smoking in any form / The effects are more powerful to me than even a blunt. (With less than .25g of herb)

Okay devices are almost never as good as smoking, which is why many people don’t understand that vaporizers are actually better.

Airizer is okay, they aren’t bad. But again if your going to spend $150-200 on an airizer I would just save your money and build a pinky.
Or buy something that’s going to great.

You can get a great device around the $250. Again, look at the link I sent-
Would that work for you at home?

Or do you need something more portable after all?

Last edited:

cosimo

man, i feel you. I live in Colombia and for several years we could only find a small selection of not so good vapes and they were way overpriced. Now we have more options but are still extremely overpriced and something that you must be aware of is fake vapes... pax is one that is most easily faked vape and here in colombia they will sell a fake one at the price of an original one, so be careful with that... i feel you might have the same issue living in south america as me.

with that said, If you can get a vape from a reputable store from outside brazil, do it. And if you can do it, then the list of options gets much bigger. If you want a dekstop vape that will surely beat you current vape, i think you should get a log vape (for example an Enano from Epickai). In terms of portables, not sure an Arizer will beat your current vape, but the legacy pro surely will be a good vape... but you might be happier with a hybrid and in that regard Arizer portables are not that bad.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
(buying from another country is absolutely a pain in the ass if you're Brazilian).
Unfortunately that seems true wherever your are unless you are in the us or Canada. I find the same problems in the UK, we've got more options than you do, but I frequently buy from abroad. It's just the way it is right now with dry herb and concentrate vaping unfortunately. If you can talk yourself into ordering from abroad you will open up your options.

Cheebsy,

unversed

The problem is that most devices are just ‘okay’. It’s not that they are bad, it’s that they are not very good that’s the problem.

The devices I own now are better than smoking in any form / The effects are more powerful to me than even a blunt. (With less than .25g of herb)

Okay devices are almost never as good as smoking, which is why many people don’t understand that vaporizers are actually better.

Airizer is okay, they aren’t bad. But again if your going to spend $150-200 on an airizer I would just save your money and build a pinky.
Or buy something that’s going to great.

You can get a great device around the $250. Again, look at the link I sent-
Would that work for you at home?

Or do you need something more portable after all?
I saw the link, and actually buying abroad isn't an option :(
I've searched about DIY ball vapes, but it seems a little bit complicated to me... And here in Brazil I'll need to get a lot of stuff from China, is it worth it?
I think I need some portability at least at home, I want to use while working, and keep using when I'm watching TV... I think I'd take a non-portable option just as my last option.

man, i feel you. I live in Colombia and for several years we could only find a small selection of not so good vapes and they were way overpriced. Now we have more options but are still extremely overpriced and something that you must be aware of is fake vapes... pax is one that is most easily faked vape and here in colombia they will sell a fake one at the price of an original one, so be careful with that... i feel you might have the same issue living in south america as me.

with that said, If you can get a vape from a reputable store from outside brazil, do it. And if you can do it, then the list of options gets much bigger. If you want a dekstop vape that will surely beat you current vape, i think you should get a log vape (for example an Enano from Epickai). In terms of portables, not sure an Arizer will beat your current vape, but the legacy pro surely will be a good vape... but you might be happier with a hybrid and in that regard Arizer portables are not that bad.
I can fell your pain hahaha, a lot of fake stuff here too

Actually getting from outside isn't an option because of the taxes too high (I'm going to pay almost the triple of the product price)

I was thinking about DYNAVAPS, what about them?
No batteries, large hits, and has the bong feature... And it's kinda portable, at least for what I want... Like, I'd look like a crackhead if I go with the Dynavap outside, but it's okay for travelling or friend's house...

Anyone has experience with these Dynavaps?

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I saw the link, and actually buying abroad isn't an option :(
I've searched about DIY ball vapes, but it seems a little bit complicated to me... And here in Brazil I'll need to get a lot of stuff from China, is it worth it?
I think I need some portability at least at home, I want to use while working, and keep using when I'm watching TV... I think I'd take a non-portable option just as my last option.

I can fell your pain hahaha, a lot of fake stuff here too

Actually getting from outside isn't an option because of the taxes too high (I'm going to pay almost the triple of the product price)

I was thinking about DYNAVAPS, what about them?
No batteries, large hits, and has the bong feature... And it's kinda portable, at least for what I want... Like, I'd look like a crackhead if I go with the Dynavap outside, but it's okay for travelling or friend's house...

Anyone has experience with these Dynavaps?
Dynavaps are a great starter vape and honestly they are often better than most cheap electric portables. Dynavaps are also not very expensive in general. You could try the new B model which is really inexpensive or maybe the M+ for a better experience just to see if you enjoy this type of vape.

I still use my dynavaps today even though they're not my daily driver. As you said they can be "battery free" using a torch but I only ever used them with an induction heater like the iSpire Wand. I think it's a good pick and there is a whole ecosystem of add-ons and options.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I'd look like a crackhead if I go with the Dynavap outside
I only use my Dynavaps with an induction heater but that does complicate things but the best IH I have can also be used for dabs, the Ispire Wand is a great IH.
CFX VAPE – BOUNDLESS
If you can get this locally I would say go for it, I still use mine now and then and it also gets hot enough to use with concentrates and works on a bong very well.

Last edited:

HughJass

:( I’m so sorry to hear that!

The DIY ball vape might be worth it- I was hesitant for a long time to try a ball vape, but after getting mine I see why people like them so much-(Phase3’s latest one in action)
Ball vapes, even a DIY, allow you to extract large amounts quickly and easily (less drag/easy to inhale with great flavor and effects)
They’re not super complicated to put together and the electronics from China can be good and not too expensive.

I don’t use mine all the time though, I do like having portable options when I’m not by a plug or traveling.

I do have a couple dynavaps, if you’re patient with them they can be fantastic!
I am not that patient, and also prefer to use them with an induction heater. However they can be very good.
Prefect for traveling!
(Just make sure to keep it clean and take time to learn how to use it and will be a very good device)

Last edited:

Tonyscoop

Are the v2 capsules available on the website?
What grind do you use with the caps?
Is a 15mm screen suggested without the caps or can just the top half of a cap over it adviseable?

Tonyscoop,
Top Bottom