Need help / advice on new vaporizer

wobbleaf

Hello everyone,

I'm sure loads of questions just like this get posted all the time so apologies if it's tedious but... I'm looking for a new vaporizer and am wondering whether all yous with so much experience with so many different ones could help me out. I used to own a grasshopper until three years ago when I sent it in for repairs and have never seen it again. I switched to only using infusions in the meanwhile but am now starting to miss having the option. Any thoughts / opinions / suggestions / advice warmly welcome! :)

I'm interested in either a desktop unit or a portable with a decent battery life. I thought the grasshopper was annoying on that front (and others). A friend of mine has a crafty, mighty and volcano hybrid and I really like their airflow but can't get over the plastic.. Also nearly put myself in line for a Musa 2.0 as I love the look and materials but the 8 month waitlist is making me hesitate. So.. looking for something well made with good airflow, good battery (or a desktop), not a hassle to charge, clean or refill chamber, cool clean tasty vapor and something preferably ✨b e a u t i f u l✨.

Thanks so much in advance! 🐙

P.s. Oh and something easy to get a hold of in Europe please :)
P.p.s I wasn't sure how to make the title more specific, sorry if im breaking the rulez!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Tinymight my good sir... :tup:

And you may be interested in the homegrown logs, Misty log? I think Alan could send heat islands to Europe (he is the way to get a great log cheap as possible, he has a lot of different options and accessories, you can email him)

Highly recommend Collyland for desktops too, and the new Cloud Connoisseur line that are coming soon... Maybe a HighLighter would appeal to you? A little more DIY

Tetra P80 too of course, if you are able to snag one, and check out the Tafée Bowle for an at home portable actually...

Budget side of portables check out vleafgo, xmax v3pro (aka katalyzer vap), HealthyRips Fury Edge and/or Rogue...

The new Arizer XQ2 perhaps too??

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I agree with @Shit Snacks as usual: Tinymight would be my first suggestion, although it only uses a single cell 18650 so you'd want extras and a charger to never be without it.

I always tell folks to get the wpa and a j-hook to pair it with to get the chunky stainless steel cooling unit out of the vapor path.

There are cheaper options too, like he mentioned, but they can't really hang in terms of design or function.

PXL-20210925-125924229-PORTRAIT.jpg

I wasn't impressed with the only log vape I owned. I do recommend the ceramic vapes from Collyland as an expensive but impressive desktop: I just got a Vapbong and, while it favors someone who prefers big hits, I'm delighted with the vapor quality, ritual, and effects. Wide open draw, great flavor (for water) and easy maintenance apart from the ceramic bowl being a bit of an achilles heel.

Last edited:

wobbleaf

Thanks for the replies and suggestions!:) ✨

Yeah the Tinymight does look super nice (I remember admiring the appollo a few years ago - is that still around?). How many sessions do you get out of one charge? Is it annoying changing the battery?

@Shit Snacks Thanks for all the suggestions. Might investigate the log path. Where can I find Alan's email?

@bossman The vapbong does look very nice, happy you're enjoying it! What didn't you like about the log vape you owned?

Also, do you have any thoughts on 510s (like the musa) and boxmods in general?
@Duba Saw you just mentioned one. Looks nice :) How cool is the vapor? Do you recommend any specific mod?

🐙

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for the replies and suggestions!:) ✨

Yeah the Tinymight does look super nice (I remember admiring the appollo a few years ago - is that still around?). How many sessions do you get out of one charge? Is it annoying changing the battery?

No it's not annoying, you just press batt lid in gently and turn, easy to swap in and out, Molicell P26A or P28A are the best cells in my experience, the sessions depends on what you define as a session! It can be a very fast extractor, so you can do many many bowls on one battery if you want, I like to slow down my bowls by lowering the temperature as low as possible, taking one hit temp stepping tiny bit for the next hit, I don't use the upper range of the dial at all in fact... If I am going for a one hitter bowl through water, I will set it to 5 or 6 using session mode, where you don't have to hold the button down, and I will turn it off but complete inhaling to fully clear my hits ... A good estimate is 4 to 6 bowls per battery but it really depends on your usage, could get up to 12 probably lol (and no, the Apollo is long gone!)

@Shit Snacks Thanks for all the suggestions. Might investigate the log path. Where can I find Alan's email?

Alan@toasty-top.com check out his thread, start from the most recent page and work your way back... Yeah @bossman we need to get you a better log to try next!

@bossman The vapbong does look very nice, happy you're enjoying it! What didn't you like about the log vape you owned?

He had the enano, which has a built-in VVPS dial on the cord, which is a blessing and a curse because of its quality lol small bowls etc but there are larger size logs available, Alan has standard steel core or hybrid glass core, available in standard size like most other logs, but also available in large 7/16 size for larger bowls and a larger heater, like the underdog alpha style... I have Alan's smaller ones, but he is making me a standard large now!

Also, do you have any thoughts on 510s (like the musa) and boxmods in general?
@Duba Saw you just mentioned one. Looks nice :) How cool is the vapor? Do you recommend any specific mod?

🐙

The style of vape are great if you don't mind the tinkering and setup, out of the box the glow comes with kanthal coil that you have to use wattage mode, no temp control, you can build your own steel coil to set up temp control though, I have a glow 14 and it is nice well made, but I never use it honestly... I didn't want to set up my own coil, I just used it in power mode, the flavor is okay, but it's a little tedious with small bowls and stirring...

Musa 510 is made to work with arizer solo stems, it has some kind of steel tornado heating element, not that many users of these so the reports are limited but mostly positive?

I use Splinter and impcognito for 510 vapes but those are both no longer being made... There are ways to get splinter though, on reddit and exchange there are a few available and they pop up, and there are other people taking up the mantle to make similar style vape now...

StemPod is another that is available cheapest with a silicone body instead of wood, even more of a build your own coils type setup though? I don't like that personally, splinter was my favorite because I like that it has the glass shell and the heater is already made and great and does not ever need to be replaced...

Oh! Alan also makes the iHeat which is similar to the splinter but a variation on that heater, and it actually is available with or without the glass shell, he uses a steel foil shell to protect the wood instead of glass so it can be more durable, lighter weight, thinner body... So when you email Alan you can ask him what he has in stock for that as well, he offers basic woods and bamboo units regularly, to get more custom made and exotic stuff you need to join the wait list which is a pretty long wait, but yeah he will have something in stock if you email him and ask!!

That one can be set up with temp control though it is designed for straight wattage as well, very fast heat up, very good option! But I prefer the all-in-one design of the TM, personally...

Last edited:

Vasgas

I'm gonna have to say TM too for portable. Its just less of a hassle to get. I've not been treated wrongly by TM thus far. Tp80 and fw are just more difficult to score.

I was not impressed with my logs too. Value for money wise, I'd not go near a Musa, which literally has a 1 dollar halogen bulb as heater. Last I heard it was like 599 euros? Wtf? And 8 months?

For desktops, I'm a fan of the not yet released Qaromashop products. The latest function videos have me totally sold. I like how the maker explains the designs and manufacturing processes. Most importantly, his prices are more than reasonable which is rare for something like this. Looks like it rips better than my flowerpots. I can't wait tbh Lol.

If you're really into log vapes, I like Heat Island too to get a feel of a traditional log vape. If you want the latest innovation in log vapes, Check out Idb Cloud Connoisseur. Its a new generation of ball modded log vapes. Its still either halogen or cartridge as a base heater but the real attraction is how beautiful it is. Personally, I'd go IDB if I was in the market for a log. Its pretty, relatively more powerful and also cheaper than most logs (except HI).

If you're a fan of the old Terp Torch, Check out the Old Head, also to be released soon

Duba

Accessory Maker
As Shit Snacks said, this one works on wattage mod (any mod with min 50w power), i have the GLOW RCV18 and it works really well, the bowl in large, the extraction is very homogeneous.
It can be use as a ripper or as a sipper, it depends how you control it (in my case, it's a fearsome ripper). The wood MP can become hot but i use a glass stem (from Lamart) inside and it's just perfect :
From what I understood of the system, the kanthal coil heats up strongly (around 600°C) and the hot air is mixed from the start (when you inhale) with fresh air via the two air holes located at the level of the screw thread. This is different kind of heater from the Splinter one for example.
Some here could explain it better than me I think.
It's a beautifull unit, simple and uncluttered, easy to clean. I can't compare it to others but i recommend it as a satisfied user.

SquirrelMaster

I'd also recommend the Tinymight in the portable department. It's my favourite for many reasons and should remind you of the things that you did like about your Grasshopper. Fast heat up, easy to clean, swappable batteries, small size, good taste, and readily available. I have a Mighty and Hybrid that combined, I use way less than the Tinymight. No comparison when it come to taste imo.

For desktops my top 3 in no particular order are, the VROD (haven't tried the BROD), Herborizer DigiTi and VapBong/OAB. The latter 2 may be easier/cheaper because you're in Europe. The VROD is the most durable with no glass parts. The DigiTi has the best flavour. VapBong/OAB look the best.

I have an Alphadog and my biggest complaint is the recovery time. It's a beautiful device but, I have to restrict my draws or I overwhelm the heater quickly and then I'm waiting a few minutes for it to recover. I prefer something with a faster recovery time or greater heat storage capacity.

Last edited:

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
I'm gonna have to say TM too for portable. Its just less of a hassle to get. I've not been treated wrongly by TM thus far. Tp80 and fw are just more difficult to score.

I was not impressed with my logs too. Value for money wise, I'd not go near a Musa, which literally has a 1 dollar halogen bulb as heater. Last I heard it was like 599 euros? Wtf? And 8 months?

For desktops, I'm a fan of the not yet released Qaromashop products. The latest function videos have me totally sold. I like how the maker explains the designs and manufacturing processes. Most importantly, his prices are more than reasonable which is rare for something like this. Looks like it rips better than my flowerpots. I can't wait tbh Lol.

If you're really into log vapes, I like Heat Island too to get a feel of a traditional log vape. If you want the latest innovation in log vapes, Check out Idb Cloud Connoisseur. Its a new generation of ball modded log vapes. Its still either halogen or cartridge as a base heater but the real attraction is how beautiful it is. Personally, I'd go IDB if I was in the market for a log. Its pretty, relatively more powerful and also cheaper than most logs (except HI).

If you're a fan of the old Terp Torch, Check out the Old Head, also to be released soon
Why would you spread such missinformation about my product?
Please wake up man. You're not the first to spread this. Its very sad.

Thank you all for all the wonderful information ❤️
Seems like it's mostly pointing to a Tinymight or one of various log vapes.

@Vasgas It's 335 euros for the Musa 2. Would you say it's still not worth it?
It makes me sick when people talk things like this about my company, because i put my life into my company and my products, and every customer of mine will notice this! Dont ask him if my product is worth it. Better ask one of my former customers.

Last edited:

Vasgas

@Vasgas It's 335 euros for the Musa 2. Would you say it's still not worth it?
I sincerely apologize for the price mistake. Still, almost 400 bucks for a halogen vape? Imho, yes it's still not worth it. Not even close. I have no beef with any maker. Just saying it as it is. Its called the Ask FC section :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vasgas,
Top Bottom