Need Advice

Brien111

I'm looking for a somewhat portable vaporizer and was just wondering what everyone would recommend I had a g pro which worked but that's about it to say the least. It was awful to inhale and feel like I actually got something, then it crapped out on me. So I was wondering what you all would recommend? Thank you

Brien111,

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
You need to provide a little more info in regards to what your usage patterns and materials are.

E. G.
  • Flower, concentrate, both?
  • Heavy user/light user? (how much how often)
  • Flavour chaser/cloud chaser?
  • Butane user/battery user?
  • Do you intend to use at home as well as out?
  • What is your budget?

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Welcome to the site! :wave:

Just like automobiles, there is truly no perfect portable vaporizer that works for everyone. Some vaporizer I love are loathed by others, while other vapes I don't enjoy are cherished by other.

Luckily you already tried a cheapo generic "vaporizer" so you have a starting point, but we need to know more about you and what you do need and don't need.

How stealth do you need? How much are you looking to vape at once? Are you a former smoker transitioning to vaping or are you buying a vape for medical reasons and new to herbs? Battery life important? Size important? How much time can you dedicate to vaping (some vapes take 2-3 minutes to heatup while others heatup in several seconds).

Here's some portable vapes I'd suggest you consider for different needs:

• Arizer Air - Nice vape, replaceable battery and mouthpiece stems, quality vape, fair price, but slowish heater and not quite stealthy enough for me personally
  • Pax3 - fast heatup times, a bit overpriced, but you should be able to find one in your local headshop (so you don't have to order online)
  • Grasshopper vape - insanely fast heatup times, replaceable batteries, very stealthy form factor. But expensive and not for everyone (hot mouthpiece can be bothersome to some people) - the Grasshopper is my personal favorite stealth vape - I take it everywhere I go
  • Dynavap Vapcap (TI Carbon Edition) - sexy vaporizer, analog experience, perfect for off-the-grid use (uses a butane torch to heatup the cap) - awesome for newbies, but a bit of draw resistance.
  • Mighty vaporizer - pretty wide open airpath, very minimal drag resistance - capable of getting massive rips, but it's also a huge vaporizer (and expensive) - not quite "portable" by my standards :lol:

Brien111

I'll use it heavy I guess because I'll use it maybe daily or every other, I would prefer battery powered, as far as cloud or taste I don't really have a preference, I would like to use it for dry and wax, I would use it maybe 30 to 45 min at a time, size doesn't matter that much but can't be huge and I'll in the $100 to $200 range. Hope that helps some to narrow it down

I'll use it heavy I guess because I'll use it maybe daily or every other, I would prefer battery powered, as far as cloud or taste I don't really have a preference, I would like to use it for dry and wax, I would use it maybe 30 to 45 min at a time, size doesn't matter that much but can't be huge and I'll in the $100 to $200 range. Hope that helps some to narrow it down
I didn't like how much draw resistance the g pro had

Last edited by a moderator:
Brien111,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker

I didn't like how much draw resistance the g pro had

Honestly, I think you should consider the Boundless CFX - it has pretty low drag resistance, and it has a large oven for filling it with herb. Only problem is it's a bit of a bigger vape, you might find it not very 'stealthy'

Delta3DStudios,

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Forgot to say, Welcome to FC....so....Welcome to FC :lol:

There are a number of options but I'm only going to list 3 so as not to overwhelm you.

$100 - $250:
It's definitely worth reading the first 3-5 pages and last 3-5 pages of each vapes FC threads just to get an idea of what the devices are and what the current user experiences are.

Ha ha, ninja'd :ninja: by @Ratchett

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Any opinions of the magic flight?

It's a very high quality vaporizer with a pretty high learning curve. Certainly not one of the vapes I personally want to hand to a newbie and say "hit this!" - takes practice to pull some nice rips off that vape.

It's kind of one of those love it or hate it vapes where it's a cult classic for some, and others just loathe it.

While it's nice, I personally would go for a Dynavap Vapcap (One of the Titanium editions) over the MFLB for a newbie (since they're both around the same price)

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
It's a very high quality vaporizer with a pretty high learning curve. Certainly not one of the vapes I personally want to hand to a newbie and say "hit this!" - takes practice to pull some nice rips off that vape.

It's kind of one of those love it or hate it vapes where it's a cult classic for some, and others just loathe it.

While it's nice, I personally would go for a Dynavap Vapcap (One of the Titanium editions) over the MFLB for a newbie (since they're both around the same price)

I agree entirely with @Ratchett, in addition there are two different MFLB designs, one for herb and another for concentrate (muad-dib).

So to cover your requirement you'd probably have to get both.

Personally I've moved on from the MFLB vapes but I still love my MFLB Orbiter bubbler.

Oh yeh and I forgot to second the VapCap recommendation, it's not battery powered and requires a jet lighter to use but it works so very very well. You should read the VapCap thread, so many very happy users.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
So can you dumb down the difference between the boundless hybrid and the bound cfx?

*** Full Disclosure: I'm not a Boundless vape owner or user so all advice is based on my reading of the forums ***

I believe the major differences are:
  • Diameter of CF/CFX chamber is .48", diameter of CF Hybrid is .38". Depth of CF/CFX is about .82" and the depth of the Hybrid is about .65"
  • The CF Hybrid has a removable 18650 battery (I would want this personally)
  • The CF Hybrid has a 510 thread mod attachment.
When I look at the Concentrate/Oils attachment section of the Boundless site there is one for the Hybrid and one for the CF/X so I'm not sure if that means the CF/X can also do concentrates.

If I were you I'd post this question in the CFX/Hybrid thread, the guys there would be far better suited to answer your questions than myself as they've been using the devices for a little while now.

GreenHopper,

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
I would say take a look at the CF boundless its much more portable than the cfx, and i'd also take a look at the Vivant Alternate thread, many ppl are giving it rave reviews. i would say the Arizer Air, but its not for u if ur concerned about draw resistance, in fact the Vivant has a draw resistance lever u can mess with to fine tune your experience. As far as the Grasshopper goes id only get it if you need maximum stealth, it still has a lot of bugs to work out, the batteries don't last that long and i think its outrageous they upped their price considering how many faulty units ppl have received, if anything they should have lowered the price to 150. As if frequent RMAs aren't annoying enough, i can't imagine the mental and emotional drain of constantly worrying if your hopper is failing, getting hot, producing wispy vapor etc.

Jimmer144,
Top Bottom